Notices

free wheels....will they fit?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
unfortunately i dont have a camera xept for my phone - with no internet ability...(wich the work computer won't recognize now that i installed the drivers it urged me to install...grr)

or my wife's iphone wich if I ask her for the phone to email myself pics etc etc and car stuff...she'll make me sleep on the couch for the next week...so somehow I have to figure out this stupid phone thing...
I seriously think theese wheels look great...but i'm also missing 2 tires...so I can't put them on anyway...for now I plan to keep them in the garage till summer, and buy a set of 4 summer tires for them, keep the all season tires I JUST bought about 2 months ago on the stockers and use them as a winter set...
eventually hopefully either wear out the a/s tires and buy snow tires...or buy snow tires next winter and sell the a/s tires as lightly used....(taking a huge hit on the price...)

I did a bit of research online, and it looks like my only option is to buy a memory card for the phone and a card reader...so I'll do that tonight, and u all SHOULD get pics by noon tomorrow!

Last edited by nekkidlad; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:24 PM
Evolved Member

totally off topic but it somewhat relates..
SUPER BUSY day at work today(litterally did NOTHING of work for 10 hrs...)

BUT....I did manage to get a free set of wheels...(well 1 rt now, but the others are comign tomorrow and next week...)...installed 2 outter tierods, aligned my car, noticed and replaced a brake light that was burned out, and FINALLY did a valve lash adjustment, and bought 3 qts of bg synchro shift 2 GL-4 from the bg rep guy...for when I finally get the trans/clutch job done, I'll put fresh new fluid in it too...(I even got a $10 check back after BUYING the fluid...and I'll have another 6 back later when I'm done!)

AND...also got a free new cone filter(in box) and 2 other reducing adapters....rt now the hole for the pipe is too large for the injen SRI I have so I need to somehow figure out how to make it fit...rt now have 2.5" pipe and 3" hole adjustable to 3.5" and 4.5" - weird i know...and 2 2.5"-3" reducer adapters...I think if I cut the reducing adapter thing and make a 3rd spacer thing in the filter hole that's 2.5" hole....I can slap it on the pipe and have a sweet looking new cone filter....compared to my rotting old bent and busted original injen one....

preety busy day for a work free day at work if I say so myself....lol

I know you're wondering y the bg guy payed me to buy his fluid...here's the explanation...when u'r a mechanic(like me) and there's aftermarket companies w/ fluid flush chemicals and fluid additives, they ussually have a spiff program in place to help boost sales...(u sell their product, and they pay you some $ for it, because if u sell more of THEIR product, they make more vs u selling their competitor's product)...that's not to say we'll sell u more stuff u dont need...

Last edited by nekkidlad; Jan 24, 2013 at 02:53 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 02:30 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 2006_RA
spoke 5 - DR23 17X7 ET40 ET 40 means offset 40 I believe.

Seriousl Nekkid, pics, I was eye balling these rims the DR 23 really hard at Xmas time.
just googled "drag dr23" ...I dont know they're 100% if they're Drag dr23's...as the ones I have there's a MUCH smaller pinstripe on the lipit's litterally a pinstripe...(about as wide as a sharpie line), and also it's 5 lug...
also all the dr23's I can find on google are 4 lug...
but the rest of the wheel looks the same...so it could be them if they come in 4 AND 5 lugs...(depending on application...)

also I think the thunder gray and matte black looks awesome...now I just gotta paint the calipers so they dont look all brown and rusty etc...(but I was thinking sumn other than red...too common I think...but black would just blend in....maybe orange...?)

also I need some centering rings...any1 know where I can get some for theese wheels?

Last edited by nekkidlad; Jan 24, 2013 at 03:00 PM.
Old Jan 24, 2013, 03:33 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
You can confirm which model you have on their site http://www.dragwheels.com
Centering rings are probably available from any shop that sells rims, ebay etc.
Sounds like you had a great day man.
Cheers.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:09 AM
Evolved Member

FINALLY ABLE TO POST PICS AGAIN!!...
(went and got a micro sd card w/ the sd carnd and usb adapter thigns)

also...finally...here's the pics...
(sorry for the quality...as i said...they're pics from my lame phone

that's how the car looks all the way down on the ground...
i know you can see a lift in the pics, but it's just under the car, not lifting...i put the car down and like 2 secs later took the pics, then went out for test drives, etc

this is how HOPEFULLY my car will look like, come summer...(plus add painted calipers....i hope)
Attached Thumbnails free wheels....will they fit?-pic-01242013-001.jpg   free wheels....will they fit?-pic-01242013-002.jpg  

Last edited by nekkidlad; Jan 25, 2013 at 06:08 AM.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 05:58 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

Not bad , I keep getting the urge to paint my rims black .....
Old Jan 25, 2013, 06:11 AM
Evolved Member

me to...but now i dont need to...lol

but at the same time i think black rims are a bit common...
i like to be different...i'd love to paint them orange, green or sumn else not common
only problem is i'd probably get pulled over ever 20 mins...lol

but i think theese black wheels sure do look sweet
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:01 AM
Evolved Member

The rims look great Nekkidlad, thanks very much for posting the pics.
I really appreciate it.
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:41 AM
Evolved Member

now u know what yours woulda looked like if you'd bought the rims?...lol
(still have to go look on the drag site to make sure...but thinking about it im pretty sure they are..)
Old Jan 25, 2013, 07:59 AM
Evolved Member

actually i just looked on the website, and they are the dr23...(guess i shoulda known as it is cast into the backside of the wheels...)

they're available in 15"-17" in a variety of colors, and there's several pictures of them in different colors(weird that i don't see flat black w/ red stripe listed tho, even tho flat black IS listed...)....but 17" are the only ones in that model available in 5lugs..
theese are 5x114.3...with 40mm offset

now i just need tires and centering rings...(guess i'll go to my old workplace -firestone- and see if they can get any...lol)
thanks 2006_ra for the website...

Last edited by nekkidlad; Jan 25, 2013 at 08:02 AM.
Old Feb 3, 2013, 09:23 AM
Evolved Member

anybody know what tires would fit good on these 17x7wheels w/ stock suspension?

i figured 205/50/17 sine that's what i have 2 of already mounted on them and know they just barely rub, as i mentioned before...but also figured maybe 215/45 or 225/40 maybe even 235/35(but they may be too wide)..

i really don't want the sidewall smooshed in look...i just mounted a set of tires on a impala at work recently and they were like 3 sizes over the oe tires(i think oe was like 235 or sumn, and we mounted some 255 or so, because we were trying to get rid of any tires in stock and they happened to "fit")...and they look HORRIBLE all smooshed in...but the sales ad says NEW TIRES! now...lol

also i was looking on tirerack.com and a very limited supply of tires im willing to go with(name brand, summer perfomance)...i tried using their "tool"where you can find tires for your upsized wheels..but it never asks for the wheel size(other than diameter), so all they offer is 205/45/17
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 89 Likes on 86 Posts
215/45/17 would be pretty close to stock size...a bit smaller actually...i wouldn't put 205's on a 7" rim, because it might be a bit of a stretch...depends on the tire
Old Feb 3, 2013, 11:55 AM
EvoM Super Moderator

I had 17x7 +42 with 215/40 hankook rs3 tires, no rub even with spirited driving.

Pics...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-ralliart.html

Last edited by lanzerralliart; Feb 3, 2013 at 12:00 PM.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:14 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by CrAnSwIcK
215/45/17 would be pretty close to stock size...a bit smaller actually...i wouldn't put 205's on a 7" rim, because it might be a bit of a stretch...depends on the tire
the tires on the wheel right now dont really look stretched...but i guess they kinda are slightly, because i remember the 2 tires that are on rt now(goodyear eagle gt), wich are a very flat tread and sidewall design did look somewhat curved when i was verifying exactly where they rubbed..figuring an almost square tire, rubbed only on the sidewall about halfway down to the rim lip...and the lower it got the deeper it rubbed into the sidewall....(no the tires are not scrap...they just got the lettering lightly damaged, i only drove like 1/4 mile at most....but im probably scrapping them anyway)

Originally Posted by lanzerralliart
I had 17x7 +42 with 215/40 hankook rs3 tires, no rub even with spirited driving.

Pics...
https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/04...-ralliart.html

thanks, i did some "research" online last night and figured 215/45/17 is probably my best bet, size availability, fitment difference, and price seems to be the best i could find in summer performance tires...(mainly at tirerack.com, belletire.com and discounttire.com...lol)

now im just undecided between nitto neogen zr(~$110/ea) or bridgestone potenza re760 sport(~$120)....but it's ok...i have a few months to make my mind up...

i did consider some hankook ventus evo v12, but i know my wife will go crazy....when i got her a set of tires a few months ago her only request was "pointy" tires(a pointed tread pattern), but of course i just got her the same tires i got for my car(in her size..) wich are fierce instinct vr(wich i had just bought 1 month previously)....NOT pointy(basically an off-brand goodyear eagle gt with a different tread pattern)...so if i get pointy tires for MY car, come summer, ill be dead(hypothetically)...

ps thanks for the link but i realized last week y i can never see 75% of pictures posted on this site.....and it's because my work blocks photobucket.com...and that's apparently where most people host their pics...so i can't see any of your pics in that link...lol

Last edited by nekkidlad; Feb 4, 2013 at 05:20 AM.
Old Feb 4, 2013, 05:40 AM
Evolved Member

Come on Nekkidlad, do you REALLY think your wife will even look at your tyres ?
She may not even notice that the rims get changed in summer.

The RE760's seem great on paper, I like that they are asymmetric, so you can rotate them as you please.

Quick Reply: free wheels....will they fit?