Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Modifications possibility

Search this Thread

Old May 5, 2008, 01:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by desperado-c
You're gonna gut the interior? That's the craziness we've been talking about. As far as "modding the heck out of this car" mods, you're only crazy if you don't have the ability to pay for repairs resulting from the mods you choose. And I definitely don't consider 250-300 whp crazy. Based on what AMS did with the MR, that sounds pretty doable. You'll definitely be able to take on stock STi's and Evo's in a straight line and maybe in the corners too. Track days will probably be a different story.
Yeah thats me. I known to take new cars and just go crazy on them (I did this with my Prelude and to date I spent about 75 grand on mods). I redone everything that you can think of on that honda. My dad always got on me about that. "Why don't you wait a year or so before you start doing anthing." Yeah I will gut the interior thats been done to my Prelude, Mustangs and so on. I been around for awhile. So when I get this Ralliart I will show you guys it can be done!.. I just like taking the underdog role and just proving people wrong. In the Honda community (Preludes are heavy slow pigs). Mustangs gets eatin up by Camaro, other muscle cars. Thats the fun of doing it. Over decade ago 4 cyclinder cars are to be slow and can't compete right? Where are we at with that now? Just as fast as some V8 cars right. I'm just a fan of cars.
Old May 5, 2008, 01:45 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Originally Posted by JDMLUDE35
Yeah thats me. I known to take new cars and just go crazy on them (I did this with my Prelude and to date I spent about 75 grand on mods).
I am speechless
Old May 5, 2008, 02:34 PM

Originally Posted by migs647
I am speechless
Thats mostly from different paint jobs, 3 different Set of wheels from Racing Harts to Mugen. JDM conversion, full motor work and boost. Suspension ect. Mind you guys I had this car since 2000. I am looking forward to beating STI's, Evo's ect. No I am not rich I just work hard (Network Technician). This is my passion hooking up cars.
Old May 5, 2008, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by JDMLUDE35
Yeah thats me. I known to take new cars and just go crazy on them (I did this with my Prelude and to date I spent about 75 grand on mods). I redone everything that you can think of on that honda. My dad always got on me about that. "Why don't you wait a year or so before you start doing anthing." Yeah I will gut the interior thats been done to my Prelude, Mustangs and so on. I been around for awhile. So when I get this Ralliart I will show you guys it can be done!.. I just like taking the underdog role and just proving people wrong. In the Honda community (Preludes are heavy slow pigs). Mustangs gets eatin up by Camaro, other muscle cars. Thats the fun of doing it. Over decade ago 4 cyclinder cars are to be slow and can't compete right? Where are we at with that now? Just as fast as some V8 cars right. I'm just a fan of cars.
Awesome, you are crazy! Just the kind of crazy pioneers we need to see what can be done with these cars. My hat is off to you (and I wish I had your checkbook).
Old May 5, 2008, 04:37 PM

Originally Posted by desperado-c
Awesome, you are crazy! Just the kind of crazy pioneers we need to see what can be done with these cars. My hat is off to you (and I wish I had your checkbook).
Ha thanks, soon as I get my hands on this Ralliart well let the mods begin!! Already have a game plan for this car.. Since we are all waiting for the Ralliart, gives me chance to save up for some parts huh
Old May 5, 2008, 08:45 PM
Evolved Member

At least the guys asking, "HOW CAN I TURN MY RALLIART INTO AN EVO?" won't look like such D-Bag's like they did with previous model years. Even though you would still have to be an idiot to do it, it's closer to possible with this generation of Evo's and Lancer's.

All in all, I agree with Charles. It will be a nice car to lightly mod. A reasonable person wouldn't use a Ralliart for Time-Attack, but it's a good bang-for-the-mod-buck car.
Old May 6, 2008, 05:00 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by olmoscd
At least the guys asking, "HOW CAN I TURN MY RALLIART INTO AN EVO?" won't look like such D-Bag's like they did with previous model years. Even though you would still have to be an idiot to do it, it's closer to possible with this generation of Evo's and Lancer's.

All in all, I agree with Charles. It will be a nice car to lightly mod. A reasonable person wouldn't use a Ralliart for Time-Attack, but it's a good bang-for-the-mod-buck car.
Me, too, but it's always interesting to watch the guys who go all out and take one for the team. It will especially interesting with the SST.
Old May 6, 2008, 05:23 AM

Already have the cash for the Accolade Evo Conversion Kit, RE30 wheels and tires, suspension and Upgraded piping and intercooler. After December will come cams and twin scroll turbo swap. So we'll see what happens
Old May 7, 2008, 01:07 PM

Originally Posted by Tetazz
Already have the cash for the Accolade Evo Conversion Kit, RE30 wheels and tires, suspension and Upgraded piping and intercooler. After December will come cams and twin scroll turbo swap. So we'll see what happens
You know that would be a waste of money. For what you want to do why not buy the EVO MR? That kit lets say 3 grand maybe less, you would have to have a body shop do that and thats not going to be cheap by any means. Good quality work to convert that Ralliart into an EVO could be up to 10k.

Ralliart 29k give or take

Conversion kit = 2800 give or take

Work done to the body. You basically paying for body work and new paint job.

then Suspension and motor mods.

For all that you can have an EVO X MR plus some money left over. Just making a Ralliart into a fake evo is well in my opinion not worth it.
Old May 7, 2008, 01:29 PM

Ralliart expected to start at $25,000
Only need $2000 worth of kit (Evo hood already on the Ralliart and Im gettin the Tall wing form Mitsu dealer)
Body work estimated at ~$1500
wheels and suspension ~$3000
Motor&tranny - good enough for now

Estimated total cost Under 30k

Evolution MR starts at $37,000 plus higher insurance. You do the math
Old May 7, 2008, 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by Tetazz
Ralliart expected to start at $25,000
Only need $2000 worth of kit (Evo hood already on the Ralliart and Im gettin the Tall wing form Mitsu dealer)
Body work estimated at ~$1500
wheels and suspension ~$3000
Motor&tranny - good enough for now

Estimated total cost Under 30k

Evolution MR starts at $37,000 plus higher insurance. You do the math
You stated to start at 25k. That does not mean its going to be 25k Tax+ license and so on.

Body work = 1500 is low quality. I know this as fact.

It will cost you more than what you are thinking. Just wait you will see.
Old May 7, 2008, 04:01 PM

lol yea you could definitely convert that car into an evo for under 12k....don't let the people who are pissed off because their evo cost $10k more for $5k worth of better parts make you stray from your plans...haha anyways I had a question.....

Not familiar too much with the previous RA and the aftermarket support...but since the RA will share so much with the evo, do you think AMS will be working with it?
Old May 7, 2008, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by jiggawha1
lol yea you could definitely convert that car into an evo for under 12k....don't let the people who are pissed off because their evo cost $10k more for $5k worth of better parts make you stray from your plans...haha anyways I had a question.....

Not familiar too much with the previous RA and the aftermarket support...but since the RA will share so much with the evo, do you think AMS will be working with it?
Really? Where are you planning to hide the battery?

Sure you can make a semi-crappy imitation Evo out of a perfectly good Ralliart, but the real fun here is for people who leave the engine (mostly) and mod the rest of the car, not trying to make an imitation Evo, but trying to make a better Ralliart.
Old May 7, 2008, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

a better ralliart will start to step into stock EVO turf... My guess is a lightly modded Ralliart will be as fast as an EVO. ECU reflash intake ...
Old May 7, 2008, 06:56 PM

Look at all the EVO owners gettin all pissed off. I DONT want and EVO, if I wanted an EVO i'd buy an EVO. I want something at a reasonable cost that can be made to be plenty of fun and styled in my own way, not some pre-built machine. The EVO is a great car, don't get me wrong. Its just not want i'm looking for. So what if I convert to the EVO body style. Thats MY choice. If I buy and EVO i'm just gonna swap out everything for aftermarket anyway, so why not get the ralliart and save 10-15k right off the bat.

Quick Reply: Modifications possibility