Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Base or loaded?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2008, 10:54 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you can't do it then don't do it. If it comes to the point where your C note is like 60% your income then you need to wait
Old May 21, 2008, 12:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by TruboPower
If you can't do it then don't do it. If it comes to the point where your C note is like 60% your income then you need to wait
I figured i could work around 25 hours a week during the school year. I figured after taxes and stuff i would bringing home around $700-725.

Car payment could be anywhere from 450-550 on a guess

Lets say i take the high(550), vs the low income, my car payment would be 78% of my income. I would leave myself with $150 for Gas.

I don't pay my insurance my parents do(only reason why im looking at this car).

I may wait longer and save up cash, im fairly young(20) but so far i have all my payments on time, so my credit history has been good so far(i already got my score)
Old May 21, 2008, 09:43 AM
Evolving Member

This may make me sound old even though I'm 28 but shouldn't your number one priority be finishing school and not about getting a car? You can always get the car after you're out and have a real job and not blowing all your income on car payments and gas.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:54 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dklau33
This may make me sound old even though I'm 28 but shouldn't your number one priority be finishing school and not about getting a car? You can always get the car after you're out and have a real job and not blowing all your income on car payments and gas.
Yeah ive been considering that as well. But i would rather spend my money on a nice car and gas than waste it on stuff i don't need.
Old May 21, 2008, 01:41 PM
Evolved Member

loaded to the gills for me... I will add another amp and sub and better speakers inside also...
Old May 21, 2008, 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by He15man
How many hours a week are you fitting in? Ive talked to a couple guys, one at a university and on at a state school, both said they have been able to fit 25-30 hours in a week.

Right now im in Community College, work load is not that high, and i can afford this car.

When i get to a Major University in the next year or so, i want to make sure i will be able to work enough for gas and paying the car.
Full time work and school, and i maintain a 3.85 gpa.. lol its not hard, you just gotta focus a lot.
Old May 21, 2008, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Crazyitalian041
Full time work and school, and i maintain a 3.85 gpa.. lol its not hard, you just gotta focus a lot.
dang, thats hardcore. i'm pre-med, so i dont really have time to work much at all, not even part time. i suppose if i did, i'd suffer in my gpa, haha. i figure i'd get something decent now (and get rid of my Saturn), and get something nicer when i get a career, like whatever Evo is out then, XV perhaps? haha

anyways, to the task at hand. i think i'd get the recaro seat package along with sunroof. i'm debating on the sound system. i think it'd be nice, but i dont really have any intention of driving down the streets with my windows all the way down blasting music through my subs. and i have no real need for the nav system, and i dont think it looks too nice either. if anything, i'd get a tomtom or something.
Old May 21, 2008, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by metallicfyre587
dang, thats hardcore. i'm pre-med, so i dont really have time to work much at all, not even part time. i suppose if i did, i'd suffer in my gpa, haha. i figure i'd get something decent now (and get rid of my Saturn), and get something nicer when i get a career, like whatever Evo is out then, XV perhaps? haha

anyways, to the task at hand. i think i'd get the recaro seat package along with sunroof. i'm debating on the sound system. i think it'd be nice, but i dont really have any intention of driving down the streets with my windows all the way down blasting music through my subs. and i have no real need for the nav system, and i dont think it looks too nice either. if anything, i'd get a tomtom or something.
i do... lolz
Old May 22, 2008, 01:12 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Recaros, HIDs, and 6-disc Rockford system; no sunroof. I would prefer an aluminum roof similar to the X (if it's going to be affordable performance I want it to be as performance oriented as possible). The touchscreen nav is over the top, especially for my area. Sure would be great if these packages were more a la' carte, but hey, if I can't afford it than "oh well". I doubt I would be able to get a decent trade by the time the Ralliart hits the streets anyways.
Old May 22, 2008, 01:28 PM

i would go with just the base so that i can add whatever i want to the car
Old May 22, 2008, 05:41 PM

i plan on a ww 2010 ra with tc-sst base. all the options like the seats, hid, and nav i will do on my own. cant wait.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

pretty split between base and loaded... LOL guess that's how I will order, maybe a few only with the nav system though
Old Jun 1, 2008, 03:56 PM
Evolved Member

Fully loaded for me.
Old Jun 1, 2008, 06:03 PM

I can not wait to get my hands on an Orange one with the seats and the Nav. I live in San Diego and I get lost sometimes >.< This is going to be the first car I buy so I want something that I'm proud to say, "Yeah that's my car!" I've never been big on sounds systems so eh. Auto wipers scares me for some reason. The thought of my car thinking on its own while it's raining...just weird to me. I also live next to the most hazerdest road in San Diego so the thought of glass being above my head isn't thrilling. Also I'm going get into some soft moding to pull out some better MPG.
Old Jun 2, 2008, 05:38 AM
Evolved Member

yea, I could care less on the sunroof, but I like my music and iPod , I'd like hid's and fast key... And sport seats are always nice....

I would probably do nav also... I like the gadgets

Quick Reply: Base or loaded?