Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Such thing as launch control in the RA?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 25, 2008, 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
caliber SRT4 is a 6 speed getrag transmission
Old Nov 25, 2008, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by C2Rally
I think the RA with Launch Control would be far less of a potential problem than the EvoX. If you think about the power decrease difference alone with the solid Evo IX drive-line in it, it would be quick (or at least feel like it) for those number crunchers on the 0-60 times. And yes personaly I would love LC for those days you just feel like peeling out but not an everyday abuser like you guys seem to suggest everyone would do to it. just my Opinion.
Power isn't the problem, the fact the car is AWD is. Launching an AWD is extremely hard on the car, especially the transmission (a potential problem area), differentials (why past evo owners blow transfer cases) and axles (a problem for STI owners). Unlike a FWD or RWD car where you can get wheel spin to get rid of excess power, a mechanical part has to absorb it. Using it around town is pretty silly IMO.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 08:55 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Robevo RS
"I agree on the AWD part, same reason why Evos used to blow clutches and transfer cases while the STI likes to snap axles."

something got to give ....
if the tires are not spinning.
That is why the Mitsubishi weaken the clutch out purposely. That is a "weak point" in the Evo's.

Exactly! I'd rather replace the clutch than then transfer case, transmission or differential which are exponentially more expensive.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 09:24 AM
Evolved Member

edit

Last edited by dboz; Nov 25, 2008 at 09:28 AM.
Old Nov 25, 2008, 10:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Originally Posted by EVO Neil
Exactly! I'd rather replace the clutch than then transfer case, transmission or differential which are exponentially more expensive.
Same.