Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

OEM HID's

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2009, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by xdemoulasx
i e-mailed them like a week or more ago... never got an answer. so, its not looking good.

anyone else try contacting them?
I called their 1-800 and i get a computer with options but i never got anybody on the line; hanged up after 5-10 mins of waiting.....
Old Apr 16, 2009, 03:33 PM

So my question is..if I bought a pair of OEM Evo X Headlights from a reputable supplier, are they plug and play ? Or are their issues?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 05:42 PM
Evolving Member

according to someone in the GTS threads it works... they did a step by step instruction... but now he wont answer any questions... so i'm not sure if it works 100 percent
Old Apr 16, 2009, 07:01 PM
Evolved Member

CONFIRMED FROM MITSU TECH THE RALLIART HEADLIGHTS HARNESS ARE THE SAME AS EVO X... AND HEADLIGHT HARNESS ARE FOR BOTH NON HID AND HID... AND YOU CAN GET THE DEALER TO TURN OFF THE DRL IF YOU WANT BUT WILL COST YOU 1 HOUR SERVICE CHARGE WHICH IS LIKE 85 TO 120 BECAUSE IS A ECU CONTROLLED DRL SWITCH AND SOME STATES DRL ARE ILLEGAL... AND THAT HE SAID THE HID HEADLIGHTS IS BUILD WITH DRL WIRED TO THE CORRECT BULB TO BE LITE ON WITH DRL ARE ON... NOT SURE OF THAT HAVENT SEEN AT HID RALLIART YET... LOL

BUT THEN AGAIN HE MIGHT BE JUST BLOWING SMOKE UP MY ***....

evil

I PERSONALLY LIKE THE NON HID PROJECTORS HEADLIGHT WITH HID 6000K WITH 4300K FOG ARE BRIGHTER THEN HID PROJECTORS AND YES ITS NOT PROJECTED BUT FLOOD LIGHTS ARE MUCH BETTER WHEN YOU IN THE CANONS AT NIGHT HIT CORNERS AND HAVING FUN....AT LESS YOU CAN GET LIGHT ALL AROUND... LOL... JUST MY OPINION... BUT PROJECTORS ARE KOOL

Last edited by evil03; Apr 16, 2009 at 07:08 PM.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

ok good to know.

so... i just realized... what about leveling? arent the oem HIDS made for the manual leveling motor and switch and all that? can you just set the hids where you want them without the leveling stuff?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Thats a great question I didnt even know there was that feature in the usdm model... hrmm can anyone confirmed the leveling hid in usdm model?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:02 PM

I have the HID package. They are manual leveling and the control switch is to the left the steering wheel down where the fog light switch would be.

My 07 Outlander has the HIDs as well but they are auto leveling.
Old Apr 16, 2009, 09:31 PM

Can you buy non-HID projectors? I didnt realise they were made? Are they on the Evo X as well jsut no HID?
Old Apr 16, 2009, 10:19 PM
Evolving Member

Work direct plug and play on Ralliart and any lancer 2009 Same harness like Evo X.

The 2008 Lancer is not the same harness but they work.

I have mines connected but i do some work on pins from the connector, the DRL on the projector is the bulb next to the projector the high beam is the HID because is Bi-Xenon.

Autoleveling switch can be installed like mine some interior work but working well.
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:51 AM

Does anyone know where you can buy the NON-HID oem projector headlights>
Old Apr 17, 2009, 09:54 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nelsondevicenci
Work direct plug and play on Ralliart and any lancer 2009 Same harness like Evo X.

The 2008 Lancer is not the same harness but they work.

I have mines connected but i do some work on pins from the connector, the DRL on the projector is the bulb next to the projector the high beam is the HID because is Bi-Xenon.

Autoleveling switch can be installed like mine some interior work but working well.
is it easy to find the autoleveling switch and the motor and all that? probably have to get it straight from mitsu right? does anyone know if you can use the HIDs without the leveling system?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 10:42 AM
Evolved Member

just spoke with the tech... there are 2 wires missing on the no hid headlight harness for the leveling motor and you will need to by a leveling controller... thats why is claiming it needs a new harness and charging an arm and a leg... but you can run it with out... he said just that it might not be set in the correct high....

i think there should be a manuel over ride on the hight adjustment... or just make a plug and play level adjustment.... and just hot wire the plug with a controller and tape the battery to power up the controller and just adjust to the level you like and unplug it and its set... and just save the control for when you even need to readjust...

i not sure how the motor and controller is wired but if some one show me i pretty sure i can come up with wiring diagram or even a simple level adjustment controller...

evil
Old Apr 17, 2009, 12:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evil03
just spoke with the tech... there are 2 wires missing on the no hid headlight harness for the leveling motor and you will need to by a leveling controller... thats why is claiming it needs a new harness and charging an arm and a leg... but you can run it with out... he said just that it might not be set in the correct high....

i think there should be a manuel over ride on the hight adjustment... or just make a plug and play level adjustment.... and just hot wire the plug with a controller and tape the battery to power up the controller and just adjust to the level you like and unplug it and its set... and just save the control for when you even need to readjust...

i not sure how the motor and controller is wired but if some one show me i pretty sure i can come up with wiring diagram or even a simple level adjustment controller...

evil
awesome thanks for finding out
Old Apr 17, 2009, 03:07 PM

So if i bought a no-HID set and my car is Non-HID. I shouldn't have the leveling issue correct? My plan is to just get a set of NON-HID and *** HID bulbs and ballast's to them.

NVM...Just saw that was for an 08' i hvae an 09 RA. Anyone know where I can get a set of NON-HID EVO X Headlights?
Old Apr 17, 2009, 04:13 PM
Evolving Member

should be on any site where you can buy mitsu replacement parts. the non-hid are a lot cheaper like half the price i believe.

Quick Reply: OEM HID's