Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2011 Lancer Ralliart?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2010, 08:11 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Two different dealers told me that the 2011+ Ralliart will NOT come with a manual tranny option. Another one told that the manual tranny may come in 2012 in Canada.

The Recaros and HIDs will also be gone on the base version, only premium will get them. Even the new 2010 the dealers are receiving don't have the Recaros anymore. I'll have to be quick! lol!
Old Apr 30, 2010, 10:34 PM
EvoM Community Team

Received 62 Likes on 59 Posts
Sounds to me like they were trying to get you to buy a current model . I doubt they know the answers. I usually find I know more than the dealers do because of the enthusiast sites.
Old May 1, 2010, 06:18 AM
Evolving Member

That's maybe true for one of them, but the other one, it's a guy I've been talking to for quite a bit and I don't think he would lie to me. He knows that I like the Ralliart, but that I'm not in a hurry to have one.

But would could also be right. I'm in a dilemma right now... Get one fast while the base model still has the Recaros and HIDs or wait to maybe get a manual one later down the road... without Recaros and HIDs... Recaros are so nice.
Old May 1, 2010, 07:38 AM
EvoM Community Team

I say always wait to see what your options are, otherwise you may be wasting money and not know it. Also, you can always buy recaros later. They are nice, but not that nice. Always better seats out there

I may end up selling mine some day to get some better ones. Gotta finish all the other mods first though.
Old May 1, 2010, 09:11 AM

Yeah I would also wait it out. Until anything is officially announced, rumor are just rumors.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:01 AM
Evolving Member

hm..i have a good friend workin at Mitsu, tryin to get me upgraded to a 2010 RA (i drive an 06)....i CAN get it anytime, any day, but, there were a few things i just didnt like. i dunno, its probly just me and one of those things is the new tranny. i mean, i LOOOVE driving manual, and the RA transmission, eh..not so much. its pretty awesome and fast and all that stuff but, its jus that the fun of driving manual is better lol. i have 2 yrs left off my car anyway so, if 2012 is when the new RA with 5-spd coming, i might consider gettin it
Old May 4, 2010, 09:09 AM
Evolving Member

Oh well, I just pulled the trigger on a 2010 wicked white RA! I wanted the recaros and HID so had to be quick as they won't be available anymore on the base model, only on the premium starting now.

Taking delivery this afternoon.
Old May 4, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Congrats on the purchase! I'm sure you will enjoy it. =)

-Taranis
Old May 4, 2010, 04:47 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Answer_1
Oh well, I just pulled the trigger on a 2010 wicked white RA! I wanted the recaros and HID so had to be quick as they won't be available anymore on the base model, only on the premium starting now.

Taking delivery this afternoon.
not sure if they lied or not ... but that wut they told me about the 2010 ..
anyway .. good i just got a twin =) see u on the street soon
Old May 4, 2010, 07:00 PM
Evolving Member

They did not lie. The RAs made after march don't have the Recaro's anymore. I saw a couple of these at the dealers. They are going for like 1k less.
Old May 5, 2010, 09:16 AM

Originally Posted by Answer_1
They did not lie. The RAs made after march don't have the Recaro's anymore. I saw a couple of these at the dealers. They are going for like 1k less.
Seriously? But they're still counted as a 2010 model year? Interesting. The recaros are not something i would want, so this would actually be good news for me.

-Fizz
Old May 5, 2010, 10:17 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Fizz04
Seriously? But they're still counted as a 2010 model year? Interesting. The recaros are not something i would want, so this would actually be good news for me.

-Fizz
Yup, still 2010 models. They made that since it's not everyone who wants Recaro's. Still, I think they should offer them as an option on the base model for the original price.
Old May 5, 2010, 11:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
It can beat the STI in 0-60 tests, maybe. The STI is still in a different performance category.
No doubt.

However, the fact that the WRX and STI are seen by some as being so close in terms of performance hurts Subaru in terms of STI sales. This was a big factor in Mitsubishi's decision to design the RA the way they did, lower HP rating, etc.

The pay off for Subaru was that the WRX numbers were better than the RA's and Mitsu ended up losing sales to the WRX. Six of one, half a dozen of the other I guess.
Old May 6, 2010, 06:15 AM

Originally Posted by migs647
Sounds to me like they were trying to get you to buy a current model . I doubt they know the answers. I usually find I know more than the dealers do because of the enthusiast sites.
haha i see this so often. they tried to tell me that the evolution has a 0-60 of 4.6, and i immediately corrected him lol.
Anyway, on topic, i read in a bunch of different places that it will for sure have a 2011 5 sp manual, so i dont know what you guys think, but im thinkin innocent til proven guilty

i know, the worst attitude to have towards new cars, but im okay with it lol
Old May 6, 2010, 07:31 AM
EvoM Community Team

Personally, I'd be very shocked if went to 5 speed at this point. Everyone else is moving from 5/6 speed to dual clutch sequential gear boxes. Why would be the one that goes backwards? They've invested a lot in that transmission, I'm sure they want to make it work.

Quick Reply: 2011 Lancer Ralliart?