Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Gravel fun... or not so much.

Search this Thread

Old May 6, 2009, 04:47 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Gravel fun... or not so much.

Had a little fun in a gravel parking lot behind my workplace, was pretty fun sliding around. Big place, even had some cones out for when they train truck drivers.

Unfortunately the side skirts took a little beating. Maybe mud flaps would help control the damage in the future? Some 3m Clear Bra stuff to maybe.

Gonna have to find time to take the side skirts off, use some sort of urethane filler ,and sand, and paint, and clear the affected areas... I hear the brand Fusor works pretty well. I'm preping the lube for when I buy the paint, hope it doesn't hurt too much.

Edit: Maybe I should spray the side skirts with that textured rocker panel chip guard :P Might look kinda funny though. I wonder if there are any Rally-Cross events in my area...
Old May 6, 2009, 09:48 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
hahah i just got mine so i have not even tried anything like that yet... but mudflaps are good idea
Old May 6, 2009, 09:51 AM
Evolving Member

Good for you for rockin' out with that car doing what it was built for!! But yeah, the side affect is you definitely pay to play.
Old May 6, 2009, 09:53 AM
Evolved Member

sounds fun!!! Glad you had a good time!!
Old May 6, 2009, 10:36 AM
Evolved Member

I believe there is a Rally track in upstate NY. Google it, i did and i thought one came up for upstate. Bummer for me, but awesome for you.

I want to do that so badly but i figured that would happen, i wanna just hit some dirt roads lol
Old May 6, 2009, 11:20 AM
Evolving Member

hell yeh man! thats what im talking about. I hit up a dirt field one day.. what a blast!!
Heres a pic i posted awhile ago of the event..

And that was only a few minutes of offroading fun.. i have since installed front mud flaps.. real easy.. took like 10-15 minutes and cost 10 bucks (generic brand) and u dont even notice them... go do this right now! lol it helps out the paint and also keeps ur car cleaner imo
Old May 6, 2009, 11:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by stfuad
Edit: Maybe I should spray the side skirts with that textured rocker panel chip guard :P Might look kinda funny though. I wonder if there are any Rally-Cross events in my area...
My Porsche had that stuff on it when I bought it (think it came on there from the factory on the C4s, but I'm not sure, it looked factory). It did work very well in preventing rock chips, but it also looked like cancerous car skin
Old May 6, 2009, 06:32 PM
Evolving Member

Picked up some over sized mud flaps today, gotta get some spare time to install em. On the plus side, the excursion is going to force me to buy some new wheels.

I did some googling earlier, apparently there is a Finger Lakes Rally event held annually in the winter or so it seemed. Anyone in the CNY area check out the cny-scca forums.
Old May 6, 2009, 06:53 PM
Evolved Member

I believe there are a bunch of rally events in your area. Pick up some issues of Grassroots Motorsports.
Old May 6, 2009, 07:28 PM
Evolved Member

bad thing about going "off roading" is cleaning up the mud and gunk from underneath the car
Old May 6, 2009, 07:48 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Yeah that's true my car sees no mud, its just purly street and strip for me.