Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

The End All Be All WRX Versus RA Thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The End All Be All WRX Versus RA Thread!!!

This thread is the end all, be all, thread about which is better: The Ralliart or the WRX.

Feel free to add anything that comes to mind as to why either one is better. It doesn't matter if it's something as minuscule as the contour of a steering wheel, or something major like transmission preference. This thread is a response to the dozens of threads that have been posted since the introduction of the RA in comparison to its natural rival, the WRX. They all end up OT...they all end up HERE

No holds barred. No opinion checked. B-A-T-T-L-E!!!!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 08:50 PM
Evolved Member

Wow... you mean business lol! Amby, you know you want to post here!
Old Jul 27, 2009, 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
I sense a disturbance in the force, this will not end well.
Old Jul 27, 2009, 10:01 PM
Evolved Member

This thread is NO BUENO.

Why can't we simply state their both great cars and it will ALWAYS boil down to sheer subjective decision making of the consumer??????????
Old Jul 28, 2009, 04:02 AM

^ This is hardly a debate if you don't provide motive behind your preference!

It all boils down to what each individual wants in a car. There are so many things that can be changed and tuned on each one that, in the end, they're going to be very close to each other in performance.

For me, it's the Lancer since it has a nice tech package and TC-SST. Both of those drew me to the Lancer some months ago. Some people hate the SST, others swear by it. Personally, I like it because I can drive with the convenience of a manual whenever I'm not lazy...
Old Jul 28, 2009, 05:14 AM
Evolving Member

they are both good cars, well except for the small problem subaru is having with motors blowing up

although the wrx has a few more ponies and manuel trans, the ra gets my vote. i did look at a 09 wrx hatch and it just didnt pull me in like the 09 ra. and the wrx sedan is a$$ ugly imo.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

WRX motors are fixed now. Some old ones are still popping but any built after december 08 are fine. I think they got the STI crank now. I could not decide so I just went with the X.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
On point or closed - your call guys. I cleaned up the OT. And they are cars - get whichever one you like, for whichever reasons you have.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:47 AM
Evolving Member

Drive both, see which one you like and buy it. This discussion has been beaten to death. It's like debating which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 06:51 AM
Evolved Member

Here let me give you the END IT ALL sentence:

The WRX is The Performer
The RA is The Looker

The actual End.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 07:23 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by akj237
Drive both, see which one you like and buy it. This discussion has been beaten to death. It's like debating which came first, the chicken or the egg.
Except we know this answer:
The egg.

A proto-chicken laid an egg that contained an embryo that had certain genetic mutations or adaptations that made it what we would term a chicken instead of a proto-chicken.

Unless you're a creationist, in which case the answer is the chicken.

On-Topic: Jazket's answer is probably the most correct. That's how I decided on the RA instead of a WRX (I love twin-clutch transmissions but can also drive stick and don't commute to work so that's not a factor).
Old Jul 28, 2009, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jestr71
they are both good cars, well except for the small problem subaru is having with motors blowing up

although the wrx has a few more ponies and manuel trans, the ra gets my vote. i did look at a 09 wrx hatch and it just didnt pull me in like the 09 ra. and the wrx sedan is a$$ ugly imo.
Except that the blown motors issue is a thing of the past now. If you want to play that card, the RA has a small problem of a weak transmission.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 09:26 AM
Evolving Member

Having owned an 04 WRX before my main reason was headroom for me. Being 6'5 and banging/scraping your head across the ceiling because you hit a small bump sux. Granted it had a sunroof and lowered an inch, but a couple of inches in the roof still wouldn't have helped.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 12:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Except that the blown motors issue is a thing of the past now. If you want to play that card, the RA has a small problem of a weak transmission.

past as in? my sons buddy is still getting recall notices on his 09 after he already had a engine swap sept 08. although i do not know what the current recall is for.

Last edited by Jestr71; Jul 28, 2009 at 01:01 PM.
Old Jul 28, 2009, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jestr71
past as in? my sons buddy is still getting recall notices on his 09 after he already had a engine swap sept 08. although i do not know what the current recall is for.
As was said in another thread, the problem only applied to cars built during a very specific time frame. If you bought a car now, it wouldn't be an issue.