Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Bought my RA - Mitsubishi official leather seat upgrade and sunroof

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2009, 10:51 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I never understood the appeal of base seats in a performance awd car.

The concept to me is silly at best.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 05:20 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jazket
everything gets covered in leather
Even the center console?
Old Sep 17, 2009, 05:22 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by secondchace
I never understood the appeal of base seats in a performance awd car.

The concept to me is silly at best.
I think Mitsubishi was playing it really cautious the first year with the Ralliart in North America. I think they wanted to see how well it would sell before investing more time and money in it.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
recaros > leather
Old Sep 17, 2009, 07:47 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by lancer0220
recaros > leather

yeah id totally agree, there really is no comparison.
Old Sep 17, 2009, 01:14 PM
Evolving Member

i like my recaro package
Old Sep 18, 2009, 06:06 AM
Evolving Member

i dunno, the leather on my RA is pretty sweet. the padding is much improved over the original cloth seats, and I'd say leather would be better than the recaros for a long touring trip where comfort matters. the leather job they did on my RA covered everything..... front seats, center console, side panels on the doors, back seats.
Old Sep 18, 2009, 06:22 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by akj237
Even the center console?
nope.. just all the door's armrests, center arm-rest and all the seats
Old Sep 18, 2009, 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by xdmitrix
and I'd say leather would be better than the recaros for a long touring trip where comfort matters.
thats what my buddy said with his 2004 vw R32 that comes stock with racing style R32 seats wrapped in leather...now dont get me wrong leather is nice but some people dont like it.

needless to say a third of the way into the trip from texas to california he had two choices BLAST his AC the rest of the way or lean forward to avoid the constant sweating from the leather. He opted to turn the AC up for a bit then saw the impact on mpg

where as i was rolling AC very low and i was comfortable the entire way. im 23 and when i had the stock seats in my gts my back would always hurt on long trips id take to lubbock (6.5 hrs away). For the longest time I was convinced it was how i was sitting so i tried EVERY combination of seat positions finally i thought i found one until my back hurt so much i didnt drive for 2 days.

after installing the recaros i have had 0 back problems even on that LONG trip to California. everyone compliments the seats and how they "HUG" you. seats were the best 1k i ever spent.
Old Apr 7, 2010, 04:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xdmitrix
Hey guys - soooo, I totaled my original RA a few weeks ago (some other driver ran a stop sign and plowed into me). Finally got my insurance check and made a beeline to the mitsu dealer.

They had one last RA....it was a base model, but they did a mitsubishi factory upgrade to leather of the stock seats. They also added a sunroof. The leather seats have the mitsubishi logo imprinted on them.

I LOVE THESE SEATS! everything that was uncomfortable about the stock cloth seats vanished with these. I just did a 300 mile drive and I didn't feel uncomfortable at all.

All in all, about $3000 worth of upgrades and I got them for free. Pics will come up soon when i have some time to snap a few.
You can do a mitsubishi factory upgrade and sunroof with base RA?? Please tell me how
Old Apr 7, 2010, 05:02 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by MacGyverGT
I was told by my dealer that a sunroof was not available (or could not be done) for the Ralliart given that the roof had bracing and/or supports in there (that the GTS and base lancer trims do not have) that would be compromised by installing the sunroof.

If this really is an option, I'd like to pursue it as I miss my sunroof! Does anyone know?

i had it shipped overnight from japan

i told the dealer i want one they said because of the single scroll turbo mitsubishi cant allow one i was like righttt, if you guys want the sale you will put one in, 1200 dollars later i have a sunroof
Old Apr 7, 2010, 07:46 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by vplukas101

i had it shipped overnight from japan

i told the dealer i want one they said because of the single scroll turbo mitsubishi cant allow one i was like righttt, if you guys want the sale you will put one in, 1200 dollars later i have a sunroof
Tell me the full story =) was yours base RA?? 1200 including installation fee and sunroof??
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by bacquerel
Tell me the full story =) was yours base RA?? 1200 including installation fee and sunroof??
1200 for installation, its not a mitsubishi sunroof but i could care less, it vents opens up and doesn't leak
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bacquerel
Originally Posted by vplukas101
1200 for installation, its not a mitsubishi sunroof but i could care less, it vents opens up and doesn't leak

Don't forget that that is an American dealer and price. I know our dollar is at par but I'm positive that any dealer in Vancouver would charge alot more for install then most US dealers. Also don't understand it but shipping from Japan to Canada is always way more then shipping from Japan to the US(we are the same distance away)
Old Apr 7, 2010, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by brads09lancerGT
Don't forget that that is an American dealer and price. I know our dollar is at par but I'm positive that any dealer in Vancouver would charge alot more for install then most US dealers. Also don't understand it but shipping from Japan to Canada is always way more then shipping from Japan to the US(we are the same distance away)
Dang!! I have no income now, i'll probably get it when i get a job and do mods to it =)