Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart-Specific Drag Techniques

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2010, 05:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ralliart-Specific Drag Techniques

alright guys, anyone running these awesome 1/4 times we've all been talking about (hotshot, fourdoor, rahtid, etc), how about sharing your technique?? the rest of us would love to know. once i get my work done and make it to the track hopefully next month, i can try using these all and see if there's any noticable difference in methods...

auto/manual mode?
if in manual, shift point?
sport mode, obviously?
asc on/off ?
awc tarmac/gravel/snow?
launch procedure?
mod list, including any kind of weight reduction?
1/4 mi time? slip?

mods, i know there is a racing section, but this is more of a technique thing than anything. and i know there's a driving technique section, but i dont ever recall even seeing any ralliart-related stuff there. we all tend to stay within our own little segment here, so can you please not move this? thanks!
Old Mar 16, 2010, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
5 Steps of Dragging the RA.

1-Stomp on the break until you blast it thru the fire wall.
2-yank hard on the e-break with both hands..
3-Mash the gas until you bounce off the rev limiter a few times
4-??
5-Profit
Old Mar 16, 2010, 08:31 PM

I read the best is to keep it in auto/asc off/AWC is a different argument and obviously Sport mode.

I ran my car with auto/asc on/AWC in Tarmac/Sport

I stomped on the break and reved till 2500rpm then let go of the break and stomped on the gas and held on.

I ran a 1.99 60' with a 1/8 mile @ 8.46

Mods
-GST Tune
-AMS Boost Pill
-AMS High Flow Cat
-Injen UIPC
-K&N Drop in Filter
Old Mar 17, 2010, 07:24 AM
Evolved Member

lol, thanks jyrk, knew i could count on you for the first smart-assed post on here. real answers are appreciated too though.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Jyrk
5 Steps of Dragging the RA.

1-Stomp on the break until you blast it thru the fire wall.
2-yank hard on the e-break with both hands..
3-Mash the gas until you bounce off the rev limiter a few times
4-??
5-Profit
I think step 4 is to put it in reverse.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 09:34 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My modifications are in my sig, my method is sport mode, ASC off, I have used various settings for the ACD with little difference in results. My best run was in 50 deg weather last fall on a set of EVO VIII wheels with snow tires on them, much lighter and wider than the stock wheels / tires. Approx weight at the drag strip with me driving was 3646 lb.

My method is to mash the brake, wait for the lights to start coming down and go WOT (not mash it quickly, just ease it open all the way) and let off the brake at the last yellow.

Keith

Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

your 60' just made the computer rise up off my lap a little i think. very nice, and thanks. anyone else?
Old Mar 17, 2010, 12:48 PM

Fourdoor -- who tuned your ECU??
Old Mar 17, 2010, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
your 60' just made the computer rise up off my lap a little i think. very nice, and thanks. anyone else?
My best 60' that day was 1.727, but the car was warm from idling in the staging lanes, and I ran a low 13 at 102.xx on that run.

Keith
Old Mar 17, 2010, 02:00 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RalliSGT
Fourdoor -- who tuned your ECU??
I started out with a GST basemap from Bryan, and tweaked the crap out of it myself. I changed the map scaling on the fuel maps to give me much finer control of the A/F ratio in the boost area of the map (load in increments of 10 instead of 20) and adapted the GST fuel map to fit... then I tuned it myself from there using EVOscan data logging, and ECUflash.

Keith
Old Mar 17, 2010, 05:25 PM

Originally Posted by Fourdoor
I started out with a GST basemap from Bryan, and tweaked the crap out of it myself. I changed the map scaling on the fuel maps to give me much finer control of the A/F ratio in the boost area of the map (load in increments of 10 instead of 20) and adapted the GST fuel map to fit... then I tuned it myself from there using EVOscan data logging, and ECUflash.

Keith
Very cool i have been studying the maps but dont have the ***** to try and tweak them myselves.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:35 PM
Evolving Member

i had steelies with snow tires on my car but i weighed them and they weighed exactely the same as the stockers. usually at the track i turn asc off and its always in tarmac mode. i usually start in auto sport for first gear but then i switch it manually the rest of the gears usually in 2nd gear i shift at like 6500 even tho redline is not till 7600 there is no power up and my boost falls to like 12 so there is no reason to stay in that gear. when i launch i keep my foot on the brake and a just keep tapping the gas lightly and when the second to last light comes on i take my foot off the brake and floor it which result in me taking off at about 5k rpm i can hit the gas so early because it takes our clutches so long to actually lock that the car never leaves the line until the green light hits. yes this is definitly some form of technique that i learned. i was having a rough day at the track the day i did the 12.9 because i kept breaking loose on the launch. i hope this helps people get better 1/4 mile times.

i tried reposting my time slip but i suck with computers and my comp told me i already posted it and it wont let me post it again. if anyone wants me to show my time slip help me figure out how to post it lol
Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

here is my time slip i finally figured it out.

Last edited by hotshot1; Mar 17, 2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

and my mods at the time where TBE drop in k&n and AMS base flash. i also took out my spare tire and jack. but there were no other weight reductions
Old Mar 17, 2010, 08:10 PM
Evolving Member

I got a 13.59 using the following:

Sport Mode - Auto all the way
ASC Off
AWC Gravel
Don't stress about reaction time
Foot on brake and tap the accelerator until about 3000rpm
Launch

I had a bit of a headwind and the temp was 75-80F. Weight reduction was none - even the spare tyre was still in.

My only mod is a boost pill and the GST AUS 93 Oct Cold Region tune. My ticket is posted in the fastest times forums.

Quick Reply: Ralliart-Specific Drag Techniques