Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Personalized Plate

Search this Thread

Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:44 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Personalized Plate

Hate it or Love it, hah
Attached Thumbnails Personalized Plate-31961_129202977109461_100000592775924_241223_5111634_n.jpg  
Old Jun 11, 2010, 01:45 PM
Evolving Member

and dont call it a baby evo, its a grown up Lancer
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:28 PM
Evolving Member

no good.. Say REXKLR?
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:43 PM
Evolving Member

Nice plate
Old Jun 11, 2010, 02:47 PM
Evolving Member

is all i can say.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:09 PM

NOTAEVO

When I was driving a loaner R/A for a week, I was asked by co-workers if it was a Evo, so I had to repeatedly explain mine was in the shop and it was a Ralliart.

I wonder if there are any WRXs out there that have personal plates -BABYSTI-? I seriously doubt it.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:16 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
How about ATOMTK.
This is just like the old lancers putting evo wings and bumpers on there cars.
Old Jun 11, 2010, 06:47 PM
Evolving Member

Timeatk
Old Jun 12, 2010, 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by ralliartblitz
Why is it a stain on the community to be a POSITIVE about the Ralliart on the Ralliart forum?

If you post anything on this forum which says that the Ralliart is anything more than a GTS then you get arguments and put-downs.

Whats kills this forum is - someone posts a picture of a car with a 'LILEVO' plate and everyone has to rip on him (even tho his car has AMS mods and an X intercooler and X twin scroll turbo).

Looking at the specs of Cosis car it does not look like a joke
Firrst of all, Cosis didn't start this thread. Second, I commented the way I did because a license plate that reads "LILEVO" only draws attention to the fact that your car is NOT an Evo. If you want to say something positive about your car through a vanity plate, don't compare it submissively to a superior model. A good example is for a heavily modified RA to have a plate reading "EVOEATR."
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:03 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Cosis
it doesnt matter if the car in question has my mods or not. The fact remains, the Ralliart isnt a joke, as much as youd like us to believe it. We arent the little redheaded step brother of the mitsufamily, thats the eclipse (haha). Outside of a few technical stuff that is being worked on, we have a terrific platform. Oh no our brakes suck, cause we did know? cause hawk brake pads and slotted rotors are so expensive. And oh nooo, our suspension is lousy. Gee, maybe not everyone who bought this car was concerned with cornering like the Evo, although again, its an easy fix.

Lastly, it his car, and he likes the plate. I could put evoetr if i felt like it, and there is nothing you could do about it. Is it true? sure, i walk all over stock and lightly modded evos, the same a stage 2 bolted gsr does to lightly modded and stock evos. A plate is a plate. If you need to cry about it more, then please go make fun of it on your forums. Thanks.
Where did you see me write that the RA sucks? I love mine. I think it was built down to a price, but I never said it sucked.

I agree with you that he can put whatever plate he wants on his car, but he did ask for our opinion, so I gave it to him.
Old Jun 12, 2010, 11:16 AM

I didn't know a license plate could cause this much drama. I will end it here!! Within the next couple years people will be walking around your Evo X asking if its a RalliArt! Lmao hah!
Old Jun 13, 2010, 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by EvoIXV2
its also known that the R/A's turn radius is longer than the Evo's, that the car behaves more or less like a front wheel drive. The pressed steel components are shoddy-regardless of wheel weight won't change the dynamics or behavior of the car much.

regardless of curb weight, the unsprung weight is what truely matters, the choice of material and how they are manufactered is the underlying problem.

I do know what the Ralliart is capable in it's stock form, I have a different perspective of what a sport-compact car is. Like I said before, from dealership to track, the Ralliart is a very incapable car, whereas the Evo is. To launch the Ralliart has proven difficult without having to do some very stress-inducing launches on its drivetrain.

I drove a 2009 Ralliart for a week, and will say that the GSR is a completely different beast, even in its stock form. I am not willing to own a new car, only to have to remove and replace components for it to behave better, its unrealistic from a financial standpoint as well as a warranty one as well.

Again, in reality, the Ralliart closely resembles a GTS, more than a Evolution. Dollar per dollar spent-the Evolution will outperform the Ralliart in every catergory even after the discrepancy of paying more for a GSR you will come way ahead with the GSR than you will with a Ralliart.

But you can't and won't be able to argue anything with a fanboy, its like religion or politics, you won't get through no matter the evidence. Cosis is a prime example of fanboyism at its finest. Seems you couldn't get into a Evo, so you bought the next furthest way: the Ralliart.

holy cow, with fellow evo members having this much venom who needs Subaru? It's a lot of insecurity and douchiness to come on a trim-specific forum to say ad nauseam, "ZOMG IT'S NOT AN EVO, ALSO IT'S TRASH AND SO ARE YOU! I HAVE A 4 YEAR OLD EVO SO I TOTALLY KNOW AND YOU'RE DELUSIONAL!"

btw, it's just a license plate. A joke. I'm pretty sure none of us were confused and thought the Ralliart was above the Evo in trims when we visited the dealership so relax. I can afford an Evo, (especially a used 2006 IX ) but didn't buy it. I needed something practical for moving and I don't fast and the furious around Chicago so bean counting slalom specs and skidpad numbers is pretty silly. I like the car's looks. It's modestly fast. It's fun. It has a fold down trunk and 4 doors. It'll be awesome when winter hits. It's not an evo.

That being said, I bet his modified RA isn't a joke either.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:07 PM
Evolving Member

RA is a beefed up AWD turbo Lancer. NOT A "LIL EVO" It doesnt compare.

Your plate is rice, and superrrr lame. Bottom line, dont need all this discussion. But glad you like it.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:38 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I love the tag on this thread.

How did this thread even turn into a discussion?

I think that everyone thoroughly understands that the Ralliart isn't a "baby EVO". If you want to call it that and tell people that it is, be my guest. It isn't like anyone else knows/cares about this.
Old Jun 13, 2010, 06:56 PM

People like Evo IX I think measure their ***** every morning to make sure it hasn't shrank any. They're so insecure that someone might say something that in any way shape or form devalues their car, girlfriend, computer manufactuer preference, whatever (even if it's just a license plate).