Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

350Z to 09 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I actually prefer my Ralliart to the Evo X. Here's why... I get comfortable seats since the Evo has hard molded plastic sides that hurt getting into and out of the car. The gas tank is bigger on the Ralliart and therefore more time between trips to the pump. I was able to get a 09 Ralliart OTD for 23.5 and the Evo X was at 32+tax/tag/title/fee. I am able to spend less than $1,000 to get the engine tuned to have stock Evo levels of power. The suspension is straight out of the EVO 9 (one of the best setups ever) but setup in a less aggressive fashion. It provides a better all around ride since I find it fun to take an afternoon drive in the mountains (in sport mode of course) AND comfortable to drive every day to work.

If you are looking for something that is a good mix between "fun drive" and "reliable daily driver" then the Ralliart is for you. If your main purpose is to find an aggressive car with the most "track type" setup then save up for the Evo (imo).

I have had my Ralliart for almost a year now and I drive my kids to school as I go to work every day. On the weekends I love to take it up to the mountains and play on the twisty back roads. I'm hoping to take it up Pike's Peak next weekend in fact (with the family).

So the real question is what do you want out of it? From there the answer is easy.
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The Evo puts the Z to shame in pretty much every category, and this isn't to start a back and forth debate, it's just the flat out truth, whether it's an VIII, IX or an X, they all have soooooooooo many more advantages over the Z.

My vote would be to stay with the Evo
Old Aug 9, 2010, 11:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rough 01
I actually prefer my Ralliart to the Evo X. Here's why... I get comfortable seats since the Evo has hard molded plastic sides that hurt getting into and out of the car. The gas tank is bigger on the Ralliart and therefore more time between trips to the pump. I was able to get a 09 Ralliart OTD for 23.5 and the Evo X was at 32+tax/tag/title/fee. I am able to spend less than $1,000 to get the engine tuned to have stock Evo levels of power. The suspension is straight out of the EVO 9 (one of the best setups ever) but setup in a less aggressive fashion. It provides a better all around ride since I find it fun to take an afternoon drive in the mountains (in sport mode of course) AND comfortable to drive every day to work.

If you are looking for something that is a good mix between "fun drive" and "reliable daily driver" then the Ralliart is for you. If your main purpose is to find an aggressive car with the most "track type" setup then save up for the Evo (imo).

I have had my Ralliart for almost a year now and I drive my kids to school as I go to work every day. On the weekends I love to take it up to the mountains and play on the twisty back roads. I'm hoping to take it up Pike's Peak next weekend in fact (with the family).

So the real question is what do you want out of it? From there the answer is easy.
I disagree. Pretty much everyone that gets into my car comments on how comfortable the seats actually are. Perhaps you are a bigger person and they don't fit you well... I am 165 and they fit me perfectly. Would I like to have some nice leather BMW seats? Oh yeah I would, BUT I do like my GSR seats a lot.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 04:10 AM
Evolved Member

Here's a few more reasons for the evo : in the future the evo will hold it's value a lot better than the ralliart. And another is if you start pushing more power with the ralliart the transmission will start ****ing itself
Old Aug 10, 2010, 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by Methodical4u
I disagree. Pretty much everyone that gets into my car comments on how comfortable the seats actually are. Perhaps you are a bigger person and they don't fit you well... I am 165 and they fit me perfectly. Would I like to have some nice leather BMW seats? Oh yeah I would, BUT I do like my GSR seats a lot.

I am a bigger person and when I sit in the seats they're fine. It's when I get in and out of the seats that I have the problem. It gave me a painful pinch on the underside of my upper leg every time I got in and out. It may seem minor but doing that many times a day for the entire time I owned a car would irritate me. My wife (130lbs) commented that they did the same thing to her when she sat in the Evo.

Not everyone is built the same and not everyone is willing to put up with irritations. I figure for 30+k the car better be perfect for me and Recaro seats were not perfect for me in this car. The Ralliart has soft sides that do not pinch when I get in and out of the car so that is the main reason I like them better.

To each their own and at least the person who started this thread can try them out and make their own decision (after reading what we all have said).
Old Aug 10, 2010, 08:50 AM
Evolved Member

@ 190, the recaro seats fit me fine... though, I must admit that if I sit with my full back in contact with the seat, my shoulders seem slightly too wide for the seats...
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:28 AM
Evolving Member

I'm coming from an 06 350z enthusiast. I agree that the EVO will flat out beat the Z in several categories but the fact that it's a n/a v6 that dances around v8's (especially the 370) was enough at the time... and the exterior look (while ugly to some) got alot of adult attention even from non-car enthusisasts, unlike the evo and ralliart where they are a teenager's pipe dream (sorry, but only the adults "in-the-know about bishi's will care).

I'm loving the backseats in the Ralliart (two-seaters will always inconvenience you in moments where you need to haul people) ; and all in all, I feel that it's quick enough in stock form... I miss the low-end grunt... being able to spin the wheels from a stop, at will, was always a plus in the Z.

But I am one satisfied customer in the Ralliart. Get the EVO if all you care about is speed. My wife couldn't even handle the test drive.
Old Aug 10, 2010, 09:35 AM
Evolving Member

I've owned a 350z and absolutely loved it. I then owned a Mercedes CLK 430 and that was fun too. Now I have the 2010 RA and it's fun too. I would say it's a different car than the others. It's a different feel to driving. Test drive some if you haven't....

I'm pleased with my RA. (but the lag at launch to cut across traffic or something like that is definitely scary at times)
Old Aug 10, 2010, 12:21 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Lucky me! I get to keep my 2004 Z/Touring Edition AND get a RA Sportback soon...

Because you need both
Old Aug 10, 2010, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

Thanks for the comments and opinions going back and forth. I am starting a different thread to tell you guys what I ended up doing.