Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Facts sheet timeeeee

Search this Thread

Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:27 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by initial_d2k
Based on AMS "staged" numbers, it seems like drivetrain loss is around 16%

RA seems to have the same SST than the MR, but clutch pack and TCU is different.
unfortunately, drivetrain loss shown is directly related to dyno calibration and output. lower reading dyno will show greater loss, higher reading=less loss

MR & RA also have different gearing in 5th & 6th
Old Aug 17, 2010, 07:50 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I could be wrong here but, I would think a transmission cooler is only necessary if you are tracking the car quite a bit and drag racing as well. For daily spirited driving I dont see how it would be a neccessity, unless you are running the X setup I might be able to understand it. But that being said, it only seems that RA guys are talking about this mod, I havent read about any MR guys running that part. Honestly for $900 I would make the tranny stronger instead of cooler.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:08 PM
Evolving Member

My only question is... why do men have nipples? Otherwise please continue on. Oh and yes one more question please, why are Rotor Glow Ralliarts faster than all others?

Cheers
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by NFSLancerRA
Without a compressor map, it is really hard to say that you could or couldn't reach 300 whp with the stock turbocharger. Even if you could, you probably shouldn't.
GST motorsports logged lots of info here . the RA turbo flows about 33 lbs/min at peak efficiency and the EVO X 44 lbs/min.

general rule is multiply by ten to get the possible crank horsepower from that turbo. this is obviously going backwards, since we don't have actual compressor maps, but we do know it's peak efficiency (65-75%) based on GST's data.

so if the RA turbo is in it's sweet spot at 33lbs/min, then theoretically it can support 330 HP at the crank. given we know drive train loss is 20-25%, you'd be looking at 247-264 whp AT MOST, with full bolt ons, aka the least restrictions.

that data is consistant with what many RA owners are posting on their full bolted stock turbo RA's.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by mikesim
GST motorsports logged lots of info here . the RA turbo flows about 33 lbs/min at peak efficiency and the EVO X 44 lbs/min.

general rule is multiply by ten to get the possible crank horsepower from that turbo. this is obviously going backwards, since we don't have actual compressor maps, but we do know it's peak efficiency (65-75%) based on GST's data.

so if the RA turbo is in it's sweet spot at 33lbs/min, then theoretically it can support 330 HP at the crank. given we know drive train loss is 20-25%, you'd be looking at 247-264 whp AT MOST, with full bolt ons, aka the least restrictions.

that data is consistant with what many RA owners are posting on their full bolted stock turbo RA's.

Very accurate. Unreal that we agree on something. Maybe there is hope for us yet
Old Aug 17, 2010, 09:50 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by SOG RA
I could be wrong here but, I would think a transmission cooler is only necessary if you are tracking the car quite a bit and drag racing as well. For daily spirited driving I dont see how it would be a neccessity, unless you are running the X setup I might be able to understand it. But that being said, it only seems that RA guys are talking about this mod, I havent read about any MR guys running that part. Honestly for $900 I would make the tranny stronger instead of cooler.
alot of mr guys run it. For longevity of the tranny it is a great asset.
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:17 PM
Evolving Member

lol your such a friggin loserrrr!!!!!! how do you have so much time to type this up!
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:04 PM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by GenetiX403
lol your such a friggin loserrrr!!!!!! how do you have so much time to type this up!

i spend alot of time avoiding lisa

HAHAHAHAHA
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:26 PM
Evolving Member

lol...no comment
Old Aug 17, 2010, 11:27 PM
Evolving Member

tracking the car in a month will let you know how the tranny cooler and x turbo goes =D
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:55 AM
Evolving Member

oops

Last edited by >Cataclysm<; Aug 18, 2010 at 01:15 AM.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 03:47 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Smokahontus
alot of mr guys run it. For longevity of the tranny it is a great asset.
yeah, actually most of the guys with mr's that i know, just run a tranny cooler without question. they consider it a basic necessity and dont feel the need to discuss whether or not they should get one or what effect it may have with or without. i guess when you spend 40k+ for a car, you dont hesitate to spend the 500-1k to keep it going. also, cooler transmission=stronger transmission, and if they were to do any other updates to hold more, it would just generate more heat, further facilitating the need for a cooler
Old Aug 18, 2010, 07:56 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
For daily spirited driving I dont see how it would be a neccessity, unless you are running the X setup I might be able to understand it.
He is running the X setup.