Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

bad gas

Search this Thread

Old Sep 15, 2010, 07:09 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
bad gas

Last month I had my 2010 RA with 4000 miles in the shop because of hesitation and didnt like to start. I drove to the dealer at lunch and drop my car off. They told me they would have to have my car for several days, I asked about a loaner they said no its not their policy. So I called MMCA and told them of my dilemma, they called me back and told me that they have arranged a loaner for me through the dealer, my wife also called the dealer and told them I bought a vehicle from them in 07 then they acted like they were trying there hardest to get me a loaner, the loaner was only for 3 days. So the days roll on days turn into weeks, just 2 weeks still no resolution to the problem. The dealer has been in contact with Engineering at MMCA. They were worried that the car showed no codes and they changed the O2 sensor and the fuel pump and still ran like crap. Finally they drained the fuel and it started right up and no hesitation, after 2 weeks of this ordeal finally fixed, I happy to have my car back. Over this experience was eye opening the way the dealer and the GM of the of the Northeast division played this game. These people kissed my butt when they didnt know what was wrong with the car but soon as they found out it was bad gas the GM tune changed like he was doing me a favor. He said that he didnt have to cover this under warranty but he will. Yes I agree that bad gas caused this issue but it took his crew and MMCA 2 weeks to figure this out. And the dealer left for me a big ding on my passenger side door and 2 door chips they paid for the door ding and gave me a free pen for my chips. If I didnt look my car over when I picked it up I wouldnt have noticed, the dealer made excuses for why this happend but I didnt buy it. I told him that I wash my car every week were no dings and no scratches on it when it went in. When I confronted the GM on this issue he said it happened when the car was towed in for service, but I had told mind him that I drove my car there.
The other thing that I noticed was that my passenger side door would not unlock, when I asked the dealer about it he said that it was normal, I told him that I own a 07 Outlander and before I brought my car in it did work, he just wanted me to go away. What a idiot these people are they think you know nothing about your own vehicle. Over all MMCA were very accommodating but the GM and the dealer I think was not looking out for my best interest but there own bottom line. I also found out that when your car goes in for service like mine did call MMCA and open a claim that will help some what with keeping the dealer some what honest. Now I am very careful where I buy gas, that gas that caused this was from a independent gas station not a name brand station, the independents buy gas from different sources that will give him the best price, so now I only buy gas from name brand stations.
Maybe in other vehicles this wouldnt happen, but the RA seems to be more sensitive to the fuel that you put in, so buyer beware.
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:27 AM
Evolved Member

Good info but yeah I only put premium gas from Shell & BP in my car
Old Sep 15, 2010, 11:46 AM
Evolving Member

94 octane ftw
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:12 AM
Evolving Member

Unhappy ouch

i only buy my gas at 76
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:21 AM
Evolving Member

sunoco baby
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Jay10Ralliart
Good info but yeah I only put premium gas from Shell & BP in my car
BP?! Shame on you. I will say Shell is the best that I have choosen so far for my little lancer and my Eclipse. Seems to last the longest and burn quite well compared to 7/11. 89 for the lancer and 93 for the eclipse.
Old Sep 16, 2010, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Chevron... cause i want my car to start talking to me :P
Old Sep 16, 2010, 12:30 PM

Originally Posted by nunyas
Chevron... cause i want my car to start talking to me :P

Hahahah, that and I get save-on-more points... groceries anyone??
Old Sep 16, 2010, 01:08 PM

Stay away from independents and stations that run out of gas on a regular basis. I do inventory management on about 100 different gas stations in South Florida and I only fill up at stations that I know for a fact have good gas. If there is anyone in this area who wants to know what stations are safe to fill up at, let me know.