Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Need help as soon as possible!

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2010, 04:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need help as soon as possible!

Well guys ive recently bought my ralliart and well i just got a caution light.. it keeps saying please refuel. Does this have to do with the turbo? or will it be covered under the warranty? Well as I drive it it keeps warning me with the same thing.. Please refuel. If anyone else got this caution light please tell me how you deleted it.. i just dont want to take it to the dealer and they will void my warranty. i only have 4,356 miles
Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:47 AM
Evolving Member

umm possibly a fuel pump issue, sounds like the sensor went bad and isnt registering fuel, im no mechanic but to me sounds like a bad sending unit or something. No worries minor fix that would be covered by the stealership, especially if you just got it.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:56 AM
Evolving Member

Usually when I get this one, I stop to a gas station a fill up the tank. I'm impressed you've been able to drive more than 4K miles without having to fill it up.......

But seriously, bring it to the dealer that's why you've got a warranty. Why are you worried about losing you warranty?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

yah i get the same thing.. and some guy said go to a gas station.. and there is this weird handle thing you put in the back of your car in this weird hidden place and you put this stinky water in the car.. and it goes away.. its kinda weird..
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:14 PM

Well guys they told me to go to a "chevron" so I looked one up on the yellow books and put the stinky water in. The light went away. But it came back after I drove the car for 5 days. It just keeps coming back. I'm looking into trading in the car if this keeps happening
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

lmao good joke
Old Oct 8, 2010, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

I got this once soon after I bought my car. I added the GST flash, and I haven't gotten it since.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 05:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm confused....Is this whole thread a big joke, or do you really have a problem here?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:39 PM

i really have a problem. Please dont joke around guys im taking my car to the dealer for the 3rd time tomorrow.
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:45 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by HADOUKEN
Well guys they told me to go to a "chevron" so I looked one up on the yellow books and put the stinky water in. The light went away. But it came back after I drove the car for 5 days. It just keeps coming back. I'm looking into trading in the car if this keeps happening
In before face palm pics!
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:50 PM

excuse me?
Old Oct 8, 2010, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by HADOUKEN
i really have a problem. Please dont joke around guys im taking my car to the dealer for the 3rd time tomorrow.
Put pressure on the dealer, that's the only thing you can do. If you start trying to fix it yourself, the dealer will see it as an excuse to deny warranty coverage on future problems.

As long as you did not do any modification to your car they'll find the problem and fix it. If it takes long, tell them to keep the car and provide you with another ride in the meantime...

But seriously, I think it's just the sensor (or the wiring for that sensor) that detects you fuel level that may be defective. Just go to the fuel station more often in the meantime to make sure you don't run out of gaz (since you probably have no way to tell how much gas you have left).
Old Oct 8, 2010, 07:07 PM

i will find out tomorrow as soon as i get to the dealer. thanks for the help guys
Old Oct 8, 2010, 08:26 PM

Exclamation

don't take it to Bakersfield mitsu if u have any mod cuz theyll void your warranty for just about
any aftermarket part...
Old Oct 9, 2010, 12:43 AM

are you that incline to know that your car needs fuel? its not an unlimited source being produced by your own car. of course its going to give you the warning light, every car has been doing so since i can remember, heck my 97 accord had the light come on when it NEEDS fuel because its about to RUN OUT. i seriously hope this is not a joke to mess with evo-m people. you live in bakersfield so it makes us SOCAL people look bad.