Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart: $32K??????

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart: $32K??????

Hello peps, well i just wanted to find out how much more or less people here have bought their ralliarts for? I live in Miami, FL and went to Kendall Mitsubishi (Dadeland) and they were just trying to rip me a new ***---O! I currently own a TW 2010 GTS that i bought back this past May and was curious if a possible trade could be done with raising the payments a few 40-60 bucks over (currently at $340.) Well n e who, the sales man tried to offer me the ralliart for $32K and told me that my car which was bought brand new 7 months ago is now worth around $13K. I couldn't believe what i was hearing and am currently turned off on purchasing any future Mitsu cars in the future unless it is an Evo as it seems like its the only Mitsu that actually holds some value... i don't know...

On a side note i did get to the drive a ralliart (first turbo car I've driven) and wow that thing is pretty damn bad ***. I'm kinda sad of the situation but then again I'm driving a new car so it isn't as bad at the same time. But indeed i would like to own a ralliart so any input on prices from your local areas would be much appreciated.

*Oh and i almost forgot, the stealership was so full of it that from $32 they dropped it to $26 since I started *****ing at the sales guys on how stupid he was sounding...

Sorry... i'm trying to purchase a 2010 ralliart. I have a 2010 lancer GTS

Last edited by miamichico; Dec 19, 2010 at 06:20 PM.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:10 PM

Bro I got to tell you, my family and I run a dealer, and new cars (2008 and up) are not that expensive in the auction on the other hand older cars are so expensive is ridiculous I live in Miami as well I also you didn't state what year was the evo you were trying to buy
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:11 PM
Evolving Member

got the ralliart for 15.5 including tax after trading in an 07 accord with 60k miles for 10.5.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:19 PM

A brand new 2011 Ralliarts retails for roughly $28,500, but you have to consider prices will vary slightly depending which state you live in. I suggest you look at the dealership's web site and see if they offer Internet prices and use that price as the starting bargaining chip for car. The only thing that sucks for Ralliarts, is that they are no longer offered as a manual/stick shift car.

If you can drive a stick shift and don't mind a 5-speed car, you can drop an extra $7,000 - $8,000 for the GSR. Otherwise, you can upgrade to the MR for an extra $12,000. It all depends on how much you are willing to spend, but I agree that $32k is too pricy for the Ralliarts.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:30 PM
Evolving Member

also try to find a dealership that has a ton of whatever kind of car you are looking for, they tend to want to part from them easier/cheaper if the demand isnt meeting the quantities of the vehicle on the lot. i had to drive about 3hrs to the dealership i bought my ralliart from, there were 12 on the lot compared to the 2 on the dealership closer to me. i got the car for about 6k less.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:49 PM
Evolving Member

I got mine with the Recaros for $30,900 including taxes.
Old Dec 19, 2010, 06:52 PM
Evolving Member

Any car depreciates the most in the first 3 years of ownership. Trading in brand new like that will hit you hard in the wallet... which is why i'm starting to toss an extra 400-500/mth on top of my car payments for 5 months so i can trade up to a Ralliart and break even
Old Dec 19, 2010, 07:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I paid $25,000(this is an out the door price including taxes, tags, destination, etc.) for a new 2009 Ralliart.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 08:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
They were adding the upside down value of your present car to the price of the new one.

Try to appraise your car on Edmunds.com
Find out how much to pay off your loan.
The difference is the balance to overcome before you can buy a new car.

If it is like >$5K - why not just turbo your present car?

If it is less than $500 then sell it yourself (private party) and then go back to the dealership and stay focused on the price of the RA only!
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:08 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Veronica
They were adding the upside down value of your present car to the price of the new one.

Try to appraise your car on Edmunds.com
Find out how much to pay off your loan.
The difference is the balance to overcome before you can buy a new car.

If it is like >$5K - why not just turbo your present car?

If it is less than $500 then sell it yourself (private party) and then go back to the dealership and stay focused on the price of the RA only!
This

and giving a lower-than-expected value for trade-in is expected. That's just how the business works. The dealership is buying your car just to resell it, not to own it. The benefit to the customer is the tax-free reduction off the new car and convenience (rather than waiting to find someone to buy your car)

and you owe the bank/lender the money for a car, not a car. Doesn't matter what you did with the car, you still owe the money that you used to first buy it. The dealership will pay this off for you and charge you the difference on a new vehicle so it can roll over to the new car loan.

and I'd use edmunds over KBB these days. Autotrader.com bought out KBB, so I honestly don't know how much I trust their values anymore.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:33 AM
Evolved Member

I bought mine for just under $30K after taxes, trade in, blah blah blah. But that was last year. As for the resale value, that is how it works man. Last year a used 09 BMW 335i would retail for $26K-27K and the they start at $40K, so you could imagine what trade in would be, on a BMW. As said before the first couple of years you take most of the hit, hence why a lot of ppl lease cars.

Its not easy finding Ralliarts around here you might have to go to Orlando/Central FL area to find a good amount of them. $26K I a good price but for the hit you might take on the GTS i wouldn't recommend it seeing as though they can't get you in the range you are looking for.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 09:48 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
My 2010 RA Sportback was 31k MSRP with the Recaro package.

I obviously didn't spend anywhere near that much (who buys for MSRP?) but it sounds like your dealer is asking MSRP or a little over depending on the package.

If it is Recaro + Nav then 32-33k MSRP
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

^Yep its William Lehman company, i use to work for them and thats how they operate, that was the markup price.
Old Dec 20, 2010, 10:59 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by captobvious75
Any car depreciates the most in the first 3 years of ownership. Trading in brand new like that will hit you hard in the wallet... which is why i'm starting to toss an extra 400-500/mth on top of my car payments for 5 months so i can trade up to a Ralliart and break even
did you end up getting one?
Old Dec 21, 2010, 02:40 AM
Evolving Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Bah that is nothing.

The 2009 Ralliart in Puerto Rico retails @ $35K.

But Mitsu learn the hard way, the car was not successfully adopted and they ended up selling them on 29K and removing them from the local mitsu catalogue for good.

In my case I found an untitled 2009 RA on $20K with only 13K miles.