Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Rev match in all modes makes you like a rockstar

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rev match in all modes makes you like a rockstar

Hey guys, is it just me or the rev match in SST is sweet normal and sport mode...when i install my DC catback exhaust 2 months ago the rev match during downshift is louder than the oem exhaust and it makes you look like a pro racing driver even though we all know you're NOT ... my cousin who owns lexus IS350 drove my car last night and he was surprised how bada$$ the SST and how fun the car is...i know lexus is a very nice luxury car but my RA is more fun to drive (ehem wrx)

Last edited by chazyronnie; Jan 4, 2011 at 12:40 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

I agree 100%

but never thought how the exhaust would make this more pronounced...kind of more inclined to get an exhaust now lol

main reason I drive in Sport over Normal most of the time, just to hear the rev-matches
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

I thought the RA didn't have rev-match, that only the MR SST has it in s-sport.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 12:54 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I thought the RA didn't have rev-match, that only the MR SST has it in s-sport.
RA and EVO X MR have both SST rev-match in all modes NORMAL,SPORT AND S-SPORT but RA doesn't have S-Sport

Last edited by chazyronnie; Jan 4, 2011 at 01:16 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:07 PM
Evolving Member

Mine only rev matches in sport mode (auto and manual) and Normal (manual). It doesn't rev match in Normal Auto!!!!!
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:21 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by jcm308
Mine only rev matches in sport mode (auto and manual) and Normal (manual). It doesn't rev match in Normal Auto!!!!!
normal (auto) does rev match in modesty
Old Jan 4, 2011, 01:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
^Yeah it rev matches in normal auto as well. It is just adjusted for more economical driving.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

To be honest, this Tranny is designed to be driven in Manual (Manual/Sport for me), so I rev-match myself, haha!
Although it is sweet if you leave it in Auto! But I recommend Manual for the full experience and long life of the tranny
Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:18 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by sstevojr
To be honest, this Tranny is designed to be driven in Manual (Manual/Sport for me), so I rev-match myself, haha!
Although it is sweet if you leave it in Auto! But I recommend Manual for the full experience and long life of the tranny
Agreed
Old Jan 4, 2011, 03:50 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by chazyronnie
normal (auto) does rev match in modesty
Originally Posted by japan101
^Yeah it rev matches in normal auto as well. It is just adjusted for more economical driving.
The US ones may be different. The Aus ones definately do not rev match in normal auto. When you hit the brakes it behaves more like a conventional auto rather than a SST.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

You can really tell the difference in Sport mode. I agree normal mode still matches just not as aggressive. A great transmission!

I enjoy both auto and manual mode. I just prefer to use the shift knob to shift instead of the paddle shifters. I think for cornering it is easier and faster using the shift knob.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 05:50 PM
Evolved Member

Ya the only time I use the paddles is when I'm juggling too many things in the car, and I realize my revs are dropping too far. SO rather than drop something I'll click with a few fingers on my left hand.
But ya I'm all about the shifter. Maybe if I were to go onto the track where I wouldn't want to let go of the wheel, but for me it doesn't serve any purpose other than "DUDE you got paddle shifters"; to which I politely agree, 'cuz its not worry explaining every time.

Last edited by sstevojr; Jan 5, 2011 at 01:23 PM.
Old Jan 4, 2011, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by sstevojr
Ya the only time I use the paddles is when I'm juggling too many things in the car, and I realize my revs are dropping too far. SO rather than drop something I'll click with a few fingers on my left hand.
But ya I'm all about the shifter. Maybe if I were to go onto the track where I would want to let go of the wheel, but for me it doesn't serve any purpose other than "DUDE you got paddle shifters"; to which I politely agree, 'cuz its not worry explaining every time.
It's an advantage when you need to keep your hands on the wheel like in AutoX.

Rocking sport mode with a loud exhaust slowing down at the traffic lights makes me giggle.

Last edited by robertg; Jan 4, 2011 at 08:12 PM.
Old Jan 5, 2011, 10:07 AM
Evolved Member

after 20+ years of rowing my own gears, I ~hate~ the bump stick. So, I almost always use the paddles if i want to change gears before the car wants to...
Old Jan 6, 2011, 09:54 PM

i find that in normal mode it rev matches more if i put on the brakes for a second then immediately when i let off it will rev match. if i constantly hold the brakes to a stop...i sometimes find that it doesnt rev match...wierd

Quick Reply: Rev match in all modes makes you like a rockstar