Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

09+ Ralliart Forum Recommendations/Requests

Search this Thread

Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
09+ Ralliart Forum Recommendations/Requests

Hi everyone. For those who don't know me, my name is Kyle and I have recently been appointed Moderator for the 09+ Ralliart along with Bruce ( Mad_SB ). We are really looking forward to working together to get the 09+ segment the long overdue attention and treatment it deserves and have already begun to discuss possible avenues of change and improvement. I'm sure Bruce will chime-in with his input on this very soon, as well.

That being said, we also agreed that it would be a good idea to get member feedback on the topic since, after all, this site is here to benefit everyone and we'd like for all the Ralliart owners to gain as much from EvoM as possible.

Now we can't address any functionality issues with the site itself, or anything of that sort (though we can definitely forward suggestions to the higher-ups if they carry enough merit for a change). What we can and will do is better clean-up and organize the overall layout of the threads and information found within while keeping clutter to a minimum while allowing everyone to continue doing what they are already doing.

Please realize that this is a slow process and that Bruce and I are both human beings, with jobs and families, and so things may not be perfect or fit everyone's exact desires, and we may not be able to address all concerns promptly (or ever depending on how creative they may be ) but we will do our best to see that the greatest needs of the community are met in the best, most efficient way possible.

So, with all that out of the way, how would you like to see your 09+ Ralliart segment of EvolutionM improved?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:07 PM
Evolved Member

Location: somewhere testing various tires, brakes, and suspensions.
Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts
Thread stuck
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:09 PM
Evolved Member

man, how am i gonna get the hang of this when i go to stick my own thread i just made and its already done? lol, thanks
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:15 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
9G Lancer Ralliart FAQ Thread?
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice finally some love for the RALLIARTs

for sale thread for the ralliart?

Last edited by evil03; Feb 28, 2011 at 01:18 PM.
Old Feb 28, 2011, 01:39 PM
Evolved Member

Hey Congrats! I just want to say I voted for you...wait this is a dictatorship? HAHA, jk!
FAQ definitely, over just the last 2 months alone I've noticed a dramatic increase in new RA owners, and they all have the same redundant questions.
So for their sake, and our sanity (haha!) an FAQ!!!
Old Feb 28, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by evil03
for sale thread for the ralliart?
+1 ralliart marketplace
congratulations on the cyber promotion
Old Mar 1, 2011, 03:25 AM
Evolved Member

Kyle and I have already submitted a re org request for the Lancer and Ralliart for sale forums (both private and vendor), that was out first order of business in fact!

If you guys have some threads bookmarked already that contain usefull FAQ data please go ahead and paste them here so we can start compiling.
Old Mar 2, 2011, 10:33 AM
Evolved Member

yea, the marketplace is one of the areas we all want addressed, but tbh it's a difficult thing to do because our parts interchange with both the base lancers and the evo, so it's hard to determine an exact placement, or the need for complete separation. it's still under review, but we're pushing to at least get something going.

also, a quick-reference sticky is going to be a must-have for us, so definitely post up if you have recommendations. i'll create the thread once i get a chance and then we can just do a q/a type layout constantly updated in the first post. i'll go into more detail once its being put together.

anything else?
Old Mar 9, 2011, 06:45 PM
Evolving Member

Something like a section called inter changeable parts for sale
Evo X/ RA / GTS
Wherein the seller can put a title like

FS EvoX / RA ONLY
OEM Evo X IC

FS EvoX / RA / GTS
OEM cupholder
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:46 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It would be nice to have a "Problem Reports" section. I am not sure that the "Ralliart General" section is the place for threads titled "HELP !!!" that have absolutely nothing to do with performance or otherwise modification. It makes it more difficult to search for potential fixes, too, if everything is jumbled into one section.

Another recommendation for posters: Please for the love of god use the title as it was intended to be used. Having to mouse-over threads and read a wall of text to get to the meat of your post is off-putting. Please title your thread appropriately. Thanks.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:52 AM
Evolved Member

i think we need something like
"09+ Ralliart Dyno Results"

it would make it so much easier to see what kind of bolt-ons/turbo make what kind of results on specific dyno .. I usually go over at Evo X section and wish we have something easy to navigate like them...
Old Apr 26, 2011, 11:09 AM

One thing I would like to see done(Otherwise I am happy with the overall forum) is the howtos/request need a lot of clean up it seems like it has become a asking noob questions and lots of clutter. I know it is alot of work to maintain a forum but I think it needs clean up(I am a mod on another site so I know it's a pita)

Last edited by susafuss; Apr 26, 2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:25 PM
Evolved Member

*NFS, shoot me a PM and elaborate more. I like the sound of the idea but that was kind-of the point of the Quick Reference/ FAQ page that tends to go un-visited. We're trying to add as we see it pop up, but reminders are great since we've got so much on our plates trying to reorganize everything.

*A dyno/results section has been mentioned/requested and is under review by the powers that be.

*We're actually combining a lot of the how-to stuff to limit on the vast number of threads. Unfortunately, we are limited by certain things like posts that have already been indexed, etc. It's slow-going, but I promise it's in the works.
Old May 4, 2011, 01:54 PM
Evolving Member

if i can make a suggestion. i would love to see a stickied thread for the ralliarts only where its all about , what parts are needed to mod your vehicle to stage 0, stage 1, stage 2, etc.. i know there is a live mod list, but that doesn't tell me anything as far as whats needed for certain stages. it would give us "new users" a little more insight as to what we would need to buy to get to the next level. i honestly think this would be beneficial for everyone. that way we can save the hassle of asking questions about , "well i want to get some more hp, so can i buy this instead?" if its written in concrete that you need "this, this and that" then you buy those products and will need a tune afterwards. i hope i explained this properly. like i said, i would love to see this happen. then i could always go back and forth or anyone for that matter could go and see whats next on the "to do list". thanks

Quick Reply: 09+ Ralliart Forum Recommendations/Requests