Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***

Search this Thread

Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:20 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***

Ok, this has been a personal pet-peeve of mine, and is something that is, in my opinion, long overdue:

New Ralliart owners, Welcome! There has been a lot of activity by new members here, which is great, except for the fact that any number of new posters like to hi-jack other peoples threads or bring back to life 2-year-old threads just to announce themselves on their first posting. PLEASE stop this!

I would like for this thread to be a place where all new owners can come in, let us know who you are, where you're from (don't care what you did as long as you love me? sorry), let us know what you've got, what you'd like to get, etc. Basically a place to make yourself known, ask any silly questions, and pretty much just establish yourself here with the rest of us and get things started on the right foot. Just fair warning: some of the members can get pretty harsh upon hearing the same question for the 36th time or if someone starts bragging or mouthing-off with no backing or reference whatsoever.

Please, don't think that I am trying to stifle the new owners and keep them all "herded together" in one area, and please, don't hesitate to make your own build-thread within the Show and Shine section to show-off and keep track of your progress; I'd just like this to be a, sort-of, "getting to know you" type of area for everyone here.

While you're here, it'd also be a good idea to check out these threads for some general information:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...materials.html

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...ml#post9124160

And if you're looking to modify the car, which most here do, here's a great resource to see what's available:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...-mod-list.html

We'd like to keep the Ralliart section of EvoM ever-building and growing and are doing our best to accommodate everyone here. So please, make use of this thread and the incredibly valuable SEARCH function at the top dead-center of the page and it'll make your experience here and transition into Ralliart ownership that much easier, and help everyone by keeping clutter to a minimum.
The following 2 users liked this post by 03chi-town0Z:
BR_Rally-Rafael (Apr 29, 2020), Shortstuffmarr (Mar 12, 2016)
Old Mar 23, 2011, 04:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good idea chi-town. So here's my introduction (even though I'm not exactly a new member):

Hello everyone, I'm not quite new here. I drive a Rally Red Ralliart '09 with a few simple mods:
- EVO X Intercooler + Upper Intercooler pipe
- UR Downpipe
- Unknown brand test pipe
- DIY Short RAM Intake with K&N Filter
- GST v2.5 91 Octane

I also have a relatively stock Trans AM '86. To sound of an old V8 has no equivalent
And I have a Honda Goldwing GL1200 1984 Standard.

I'm in Canada, in the National Capital region. And I'll be among those to complain if you ask a question that has already it's own thread. Or if you pollute the GST Basemap thread
Old Mar 23, 2011, 05:56 AM

I'm a long time fan of AWD turbo cars from the Atlanta metro area. I've had several Eclipse/Talons from 90 to 98 and still have the 98 GSX with only 40K miles I might add. I've always wanted to do mods to my cars but never got around to doing it until I bought my 10 Ralliart Sport back. The mods I have currently are:
Cobb AP
Turbo XS Turboback
18x8 Enkei Tuning Fujin black
235/40/18 Yokohama Advan AD08
UR Intake
AMS boost pill (will install tonight)
Forged Performance tune (scheduled for tomorrow)
My next purchases will be:
SSP or equivalent clutches
SSP or equivalent trany cooler
Intercooler Kit
Biger turbo
If I find out that the UR Intake is in fact crap I will have to change the intake also.
Thanks to all of you that maintain this forum and all the valuable info you provide.
Old Mar 24, 2011, 09:06 PM

well just here to introduce myself, from ma, owned a 2008 lancer sold it now own a 2010 ra sportback, havent done any upgrades except springs, not sure where to start alittle bit nerves to do any mods to engine, dont want to mess it up plus ive read stuff about the sst tranny, so as time goes by and we get to know each other then maybe there could be some direction, well here i am
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:04 AM
Evolved Member

Welcome, welcome.

The UR intake is not crap. The problem comes in when people install it and don't have the car tuned for it, that's all. Unfortunately that was the one intake that was singled out the most in the "retune for an intake" debate, but it wasn't intentionally bashing it, just using it as an example, though at times it came off as such.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 04:08 AM
Evolved Member

Wicked, definitely look around and see what all we've been doing here. There are a lot of former GTS owners among the RA crowd and I'm sure they'll all tell you it's a whole different kind of machine once you start messing with the RA.

What a lot of people don't consider is that the Ralliart is a pretty peppy little car right out of the box and really doesn't need gobs of power to have fun with. A completely stock engine configuration with a wicked suspension/handling setup can prove to be just as fun as 300+ hp depending on what you're into. Just something to consider.

Just take it slow and enjoy the ride.
Old Mar 25, 2011, 07:29 AM

Hello everyone, me and my Ralliart Sportback have been around for about a month. I have the Tein lowering springs on the car right now and I am going to get wheels and a tune in the near future.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:16 PM

03chi
thanks for the tip, I have read alot of threads and alot seem so conflicting one person says something is good and someone else says something totally different, im just interested in bolt ons, so im going to start with suspension, springs and sway bars, maybe brakes (not sure about the brakes maybe not nes) then an exhaust, tune up or ams flash i just want about 300 hp i dont know what company to start with, every company i see all say there the best as far as bolt ons i just dont know what company to trust you know, ill keep reading i just want the best bang for my buck
Old Mar 26, 2011, 05:33 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 10Sportback
If I find out that the UR Intake is in fact crap I will have to change the intake also.
You will not find this to be the case.
Old Mar 26, 2011, 06:51 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wickedwhite2010
03chi
thanks for the tip, I have read alot of threads and alot seem so conflicting one person says something is good and someone else says something totally different, im just interested in bolt ons, so im going to start with suspension, springs and sway bars, maybe brakes (not sure about the brakes maybe not nes) then an exhaust, tune up or ams flash i just want about 300 hp i dont know what company to start with, every company i see all say there the best as far as bolt ons i just dont know what company to trust you know, ill keep reading i just want the best bang for my buck
eh, i would probably go with best "quality and stability" for your buck.
Old Mar 27, 2011, 07:59 PM

I'm Valerie and live in Battle Ground WA. Bought my 2010 RalliArt Sportback GG back in September and <3 it. I have one of only 2 in about a 100 mile radius to the best of my knowledge.

Too scared to mod it mechanicaly for fear of breaking the warranty but maybe someday... my boyfriend has a Evo IX MR GG that he's done a fair amount of work on (yes, our garage is totally pimp, what can I say?).

Only mods are appearance-wise:
PIAA highs, lows and JDM yellow fogs and tinted windows (all birthday & Christmas presents from my man).
Old Mar 28, 2011, 03:30 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Turtleback
I'm Valerie and live in Battle Ground WA. Bought my 2010 RalliArt Sportback GG back in September and <3 it. I have one of only 2 in about a 100 mile radius to the best of my knowledge.

Too scared to mod it mechanicaly for fear of breaking the warranty but maybe someday... my boyfriend has a Evo IX MR GG that he's done a fair amount of work on (yes, our garage is totally pimp, what can I say?).

Only mods are appearance-wise:
PIAA highs, lows and JDM yellow fogs and tinted windows (all birthday & Christmas presents from my man).
aww man. im in seattle this week on business. too bad i couldnt drive my 2011 RA out here. aw well. i need to take that thing out on a road trip lol
Old Apr 8, 2011, 07:13 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by wickedwhite2010
03chi
Wicked
If you are looking for the 300hp and up you are going to need to look at a turbo swap. That being said you can start off with a stage 1 map from Cobb and work your way up gradually to stage 2. I did this for about a year and finally did the swap to the stock Evo X turbo and it's now a completely different animal. You can check out my signature and it should have a link to the dyno graph and numbers just so you can compare numbers between the stages.
Old Apr 8, 2011, 10:45 AM
Evolving Member

my intake cone is dirty what do i do?! psych! =D

turbo swap was my best investment! get on it wicked!
Old Apr 8, 2011, 01:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GenetiX403
my intake cone is dirty what do i do?! psych! =D

turbo swap was my best investment! get on it wicked!

GenetiX

How is the 4 point ladder brace working for you did it make a big difference?

Quick Reply: ***Welcome New Ralliart Owners***