Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Fog light broken, where to get a new one?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2011, 07:59 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by snow
Are they a streight replacement? I'm not too excited on paying for a repair only 10k kms in.... I'm really wondering if they broke because of external factors (rocks) or because of sudden heat change (running hot to carwash, cold puddle, or snowdrift).

Either I have really bad luck (which is possible) or there may be a flaw with the fog lights. I'm curious if any other Canadians have their stock headlights (Canadians because of cold climate). If so, how many kms?

-- Snow

hey man. This thread inspired me to look ans sure enough one of mine is cracked all over haha. It has been cold here in calgary and I think that is the cause...freeze/thaw. My question for everyone is can these be upgraded? I have 4,000 km's on her and I don't want to be buying a set every winter.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:10 AM

Are they a streight replacement? I'm not too excited on paying for a repair only 10k kms in.... I'm really wondering if they broke because of external factors (rocks) or because of sudden heat change (running hot to carwash, cold puddle, or snowdrift).

Either I have really bad luck (which is possible) or there may be a flaw with the fog lights. I'm curious if any other Canadians have their stock headlights (Canadians because of cold climate). If so, how many kms?

-- Snow
Hey man I am in Edmonton. My fog light cracked and broke 4 months into owning the car. I went to the dealership and argued that they should replace them under the bumper to bumper warranty. They told me that the fog light are just fine the way they are, the problem is I shouldn't be driving on roads with rocks!!!............ I was blown away that they said that. I asked him if he just heard what came outta of his mouth? He just looked at me with a glazed over look in his eyes and repeated himself. Thats when I knew I wasn't gonna get anywhere with these idiots.

I have been looking into replacing the factory foglights with a set of mercedes L shaped fogs. It should look like this

Name:  IMG_0089.jpg
Views: 0
Size:  114.6 KB
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:17 PM

Originally Posted by petro
hey man. This thread inspired me to look ans sure enough one of mine is cracked all over haha. It has been cold here in calgary and I think that is the cause...freeze/thaw. My question for everyone is can these be upgraded? I have 4,000 km's on her and I don't want to be buying a set every winter.
I'm in Calgary too. Bought mine from platinum. Would you consider going to the dealership together? Not too sure if it would help or hinder... One one side we would have proof that 2 brand new ralliarts have cracked fog lights, but on the other hand, if they approve it, that means they are now fixing 2 cars.... Thoughts? To the other guy who was talking about the L shaped lights, check this thread out if you haven't already.. -- https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...nse-plate.html
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:29 PM

Thanks man I seen the guys post on ClubRalliart. I really like what he has done with it. I was thinking of making my own frame (the black part that holds the fog lights in) outta aluminum (im a welder) Anyways if I do deside to tackle a project like this I will be sure to show everyone the finished results!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 05:31 PM
Evolved Member

I got mine that I dont use.
PM me if ur interested
Old Dec 15, 2011, 06:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Daitonsralliart

I have been looking into replacing the factory foglights with a set of mercedes L shaped fogs. It should look like this
Actually, they look like THIS now
Name:  IMG_0114.jpg
Size:  140.3 KB
Name:  IMG_0128.jpg
Size:  129.5 KB
Old Dec 16, 2011, 12:18 AM
Evolving Member

I'm in Calgary too. Bought mine from platinum. Would you consider going to the dealership together? Not too sure if it would help or hinder... One one side we would have proof that 2 brand new ralliarts have cracked fog lights, but on the other hand, if they approve it, that means they are now fixing 2 cars.... Thoughts? To the other guy who was talking about the L shaped lights, check this thread out if you haven't already.. -- https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...nse-plate.html

ya lets do it. Can't hurt to try. I just gave Platinum 2 grand for a complete exhaust system and know a guy in parts pretty well (Talked to him a dozen times). Like I said, I have 4,000 km on the car and have not abused it at all. Send me a pm and we can talk?
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:27 AM

I had the same problem, my fog was cracked. THE SOLUTION! ; go in a glass shop and ask a glass circle, 1/4'' thick , and 3'' 1/2 of diameter, buy a Hight temperature silicone tube and make a new lens to your OEM fog.
1- Clear the old lens and gasket
2-make a new gasket with the Hight temperature silicone
3- clean your your new lens and put it one the fog. Put some masking tape and wait one day to dry.

The result is perfect! This is the way I've done my fog light. Cost around 10$ , not 150 or 180 $$$ like your ebay scrap.........

Last edited by Mat24; Dec 17, 2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 02:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Mat24
I had the same problem, my fog was cracked. THE SOLUTION! ; go in a glass shop and ask a glass circle, 1/4'' thick , and 3'' 1/2 of diameter, buy a Hight temperature silicone tube and make a new lens to your OEM fog.
1- Clear the old lens and gasket
2-make a new gasket with the Hight temperature silicone
3- clean your your new lens and put it one the fog. Put some masking tape and wait one day to dry.

The result is perfect! This is the way I've done my fog light. Cost around 10$ , not 150 or 180 $$$ like your ebay scrap.........

Can you explain a bit better. I am slow apparently. Is it hard/difficult ro replace. I would much rather save the money.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 05:39 PM

Remove the fog light plastic cover, One screw, (on right side, in the top). Put your finger in the grill on the right side and pull it slowly. During you pull it, move it up/down. The first time, the pin of the cover was hard to declip, it's normal.

After, you will see that, the Fog Light assembly, remove it, 3 screw, and disconnect the wire plug. When you 've got the fog assembly, remove the bulb (1/4 turn, follow the little arrow..)

The job star here;
-remove all the old broken glass with a flat srewdriver and pliers
-next, clean all the old black gasket with a small flat screwdriver, and remove the black center ring in the fog.

-when all the assembly is clean, replace the black center ring and make a clean Hight temperature silicone gasket (red silicone....) between the center ring and outside plastic assembly.

- Clean your glass circle. 1/4 thick and 3'' 1/2 diameter.
-Put it on the fog assembly. Be sure that the silicone make a clean and waterproof gasket when you put the glass on it.
-Tape the lens on the fog assembly to be sure that nothing will move during the silicone dry.

That it's you have a new pair of fog light for...... 10$.......

My old fog, cracked and.... not waterproof ahahahahah
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...lledroite.jpg/
New one
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/641/foglight.png/

Last edited by Mat24; Dec 17, 2011 at 05:47 PM.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 06:17 PM
Evolving Member

Thank you. You are the man and I am going to give it a go.
Old Dec 17, 2011, 10:31 PM

Myself, I am looking for more output in a fog/driving light.

Any tips??
Old Dec 18, 2011, 04:35 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GAbOS
Myself, I am looking for more output in a fog/driving light.

Any tips??

HID or Hi-output LED
The H11 bulb used in the fog light produces 1350 lumens.
You will need to find something stronger.
HIDs produce around 2,800
And LEDs very depending on the diode type and the arrangement.
Ur best bet is HID
Old Dec 18, 2011, 12:42 PM

Thanks. The houses are reflector style though, right? Would rather go with a projector if I do HID. Best thing is probably get a nice after market to try and retrofit into the stock locations. Wonder if anyone has done this yet. I've searched a few sites with no luck.
Old Dec 18, 2011, 02:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by GAbOS
Thanks. The houses are reflector style though, right? Would rather go with a projector if I do HID. Best thing is probably get a nice after market to try and retrofit into the stock locations. Wonder if anyone has done this yet. I've searched a few sites with no luck.
You dont need to go projector for the fogs. just get a kit that fit H11.

Quick Reply: Fog light broken, where to get a new one?