Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Email tune

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2011, 04:42 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Email tune

What are some good tuners that can do a tune through email? Can't seem to find someone to do it in my area. Thanks
Old Apr 19, 2011, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

King Kong, A#1 would be....A!M!S!
Old Apr 20, 2011, 10:02 AM
Evolved Member

I dont have one but AMS or TTP. Im sure u could have some of the smaller tuners do it as well.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 11:02 AM

I wouldn't do ttp, they suck
Old Apr 20, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

How does an email tune work??
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:19 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ams
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:22 PM
Evolving Member

yea, how does an email tune work?
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:38 PM
Evolving Member

Step 1) Contact a tuner and notify tuner your list of mods and what car you drive
Step 2) Pay tuner
Step 3) Datalog using EvoScan (preferably with wideband implemented)
Step 4) Email datalogs to tuner
Step 5) Sit back and wait
Step 6) Flash car using EcuFlash with new ROM created by tuner that is emailed to you
Step 7) Repeat 3-6 until tuner and owner of car are happy

*Disclaimer - Order may be different depending on tuner*

Last edited by omegis; Apr 20, 2011 at 03:41 PM.
Old Apr 20, 2011, 03:40 PM
Evolving Member

BTW, I used English Racing because prices were great and Aaron was really helpful and quick.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 04:51 AM

What were the prices for English Racing? I do not have a test pipe or wideband, so not really looking to get those if I don't have to.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 05:29 AM

Thumbs up E-TUNE from AMS

I could not help but jump in on this one, and actually planned on writing an in-depth post of my experience. First off, I have a 2010 RA and its my first new car in almost 25 years- am I overprotective? Heck ya!

I started with a COBB accessport handheld, and used the stage 1/93 octane map. Yes, the car ran better but the power came on in a real spike and whenever I used an X BOV it would throw a CEL and leave me stranded. So with minimal mods (panel air filter, stealth muffler upgrade, AMS high flow cat, X BOV) I did some research. Whenever I saw a post regarding problems with dyno tunes, i.e. warranty and tranny failures I was very very hesitant to roll into a dyno tuner and hand them the keys. Now before I get flamed, I am sure there are plenty of reputable and dedicated tuners out there. Problem is... I didnt want to go through finding one the hard way.

So I started searching the possibility of an AMS e-tune. Looked over all the past posts and internet ratings, every time one name came up: MITCH AT AMS! I contacted Mitch, heard back within an hour and started the process of an e-tune. Its been almost 2 weeks now, the car runs 110% better has usable power, no CEL's and the gas milage has actually gone up!!! I am actually finishing things up at my pace, I didnt have to rush and every step was EXPLAINED to me in detail. In fact, my last email from Mitch he actually explained to me what parameters had been adjusted and how the changes would effect to my car. Am I endorsing? On my experience with AMS I sure am! I even looked at the site on youtube, looked at all the videos- these guys are the model of success. Started with a small biz, built it into a very succesful American operated company. If I was staring a small business, I would look at them for the benchmark of what makes things work. Reliability and customer service period, it has worked for them and there products are certainly a fine example of just that.

So to sum it up, if your considering an e-tune and you are anything like me: Contact AMS and you will definelty be happy you did. It will be right the first time, and if you need help they will be with you every step of the way!! Thanks Mitch and you have earned my respect and admiration!!

Last edited by SPSERG; Apr 21, 2011 at 05:33 AM.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:31 AM
Evolved Member

If your are just stock why not just get the GST tune for free? Then maybe later on a tuner or e tuner can build off if that.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 06:49 AM
Evolving Member

My initial tune @ English Racing was $200. Retunes will cost $100 after initial tune so when I do my X turbo swap, it'll only cost me $100 to have my car retuned.
Old Apr 21, 2011, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

this is exactly what i need, there aint nothin around me where i live where i trust anyone to touch my evo, its all broke down ricer shops still trying to break the 200 hp barrier on a 92 civic, lol, ahhhh.....ricers when will they move on, but anyway yea like i was saying i think im gonna try this
Old Apr 22, 2011, 03:54 AM

Dyno

200hp 92 Civic, LMFAO! Oh yes, one thing I wanted to add about this whole e-tune topic... Initially, I was given a base flash from AMS based on the modifications I was using. The car ran fine, just like the Accessport tune but Mitch has made several changes to that original base map and each update having a significant effect of how well the car ran. What this told me was the simple fact that a base, generic, cookie cutter map is not the best solution and individual tuning had to be completed to really make it worth the time and money. Like I said, the map from Cobb always threw a CEL when I swapped in an Evo X bov. As soon as I started the e-tune that X bov went back in, and I have not had a single hiccup since.

Last edited by SPSERG; Apr 22, 2011 at 04:04 AM.

Quick Reply: Email tune