Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Post accident insurance questions

Search this Thread

Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post accident insurance questions

hello guys i just got into an accident with my car and i got a few questions. First of all from what i was told i am getting a check in the mail from the insurance company and i was wondering instead of bringing the car to a shop to get fixed can i just buy what i need and do it myself... If i was able i was wondering what the difference between the CW carbon hood and the OEM carbon hood is thank you and if anybody knows where i could get a front bumper and driver side fender..... Any help would be great Thanks
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:20 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by xXLOUROXx
hello guys i just got into an accident with my car and i got a few questions. First of all from what i was told i am getting a check in the mail from the insurance company and i was wondering instead of bringing the car to a shop to get fixed can i just buy what i need and do it myself... If i was able i was wondering what the difference between the CW carbon hood and the OEM carbon hood is thank you and if anybody knows where i could get a front bumper and driver side fender..... Any help would be great Thanks
If they are sending u a check then u can do what ever you want with it. Personaly I would go with carbon fiber since it's cheaper, as for fenders and bumper just find an evo x front bumper and fenders it will look better. Despite what everyone says turning the front evox and leaving the back stock actually looks pretty good
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:21 PM

really wouldn't it be too wide
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by adog
If they are sending u a check then u can do what ever you want with it. Personaly I would go with carbon fiber since it's cheaper, as for fenders and bumper just find an evo x front bumper and fenders it will look better. Despite what everyone says turning the front evox and leaving the back stock actually looks pretty good
By the sounds of it, the OP only needs to replace one fender. If the Evo X front bumper was installed, the other fender would have to be replaced to. Plus, the front would end up being wider than the rear, which IMO would not look very tasteful. [/opinion]
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

No its not really a huge difference plus if u ever want to get 9.5 rims they won't stick out
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:27 PM

pictures i dont know it would look so nice
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

There is a member on here that has this set up on his gts look him up his username is lancer09mx. I have 9.5 inch rims and the front sticks out while the back doesn't which means that with an evo x front end it should look pretty even anyone who doesn't like it is only saying it cuz they try to imagine it but when u look at the pics it looks pretty good
Old Apr 25, 2011, 08:55 PM

I like the idea adog but i really dont think a bigger front would look good even if its just 1/2 inch
Old Apr 25, 2011, 09:00 PM
Evolving Member

Did they tell u how much ur getting
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:26 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by xXLOUROXx
I like the idea adog but i really dont think a bigger front would look good even if its just 1/2 inch

it wont!!! that back end of the RA or "A$$" will be to small... and please if you can fit bigger wheels in the front great... but what about the rear?? the RA is AWD car... meaning ALL WHEEL DRIVE... so if bigger fronts mean bigger rears....

witch in this case your gonna be stupid... with bigger and wider wheels in the front and low offset to flush the wheels to the fenders... and smaller wheels in the back???????

DONT DO IT....

if you gonna do a evox front end? then you should have gotten a evox... not a RA....
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:51 AM

I don't know about you guys... but in MA we have to at least have someone prove to the insurance company that the value went back into the vehicle (typically the repair facility). Without doing so the insurance company reduces the value of your vehicle.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 09:52 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
A couple things:

1). The Evo X bumper and fenders DO NOT fit just right. It requires a bracket that has as of yet not been made. It will work, but it won't look right (not even close). Plus, there are a number of other things to worry about around the nose area.

2). If you do the front, please for the love of god do the rear. Apparently, fender flares from an S2000 (ASM, I believe) work nicely in the rear with a certain amount of modification. However, this isn't easy by any sense of the word. It will cost you.

3). The wheels on this car must be kept all the same size. You will confuse your AWD system to all hell if the tires are not exactly the same diameter. Mitsubishi is pretty stern about that. I trust them that minute changes can have a big impact. Plus, it is almost impossible to have two different sized tires come out to the same diameter. You have been warned.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Renaming this thread because i HATE it when people use subject like this.... really... is it that hard to say.... "Post accident insurance questions"
Old Apr 26, 2011, 10:19 AM
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mad_SB
Renaming this thread because i HATE it when people use subject like this.... really... is it that hard to say.... "Post accident insurance questions"
Old Apr 26, 2011, 12:06 PM

sorry about the name thanks for the change... I wasnt planning on doing the evo x front i didnt think it would look right and yes you are correct it is not an evo..... but on another note nobody still has yet tried to answer my question witch was about where to get oem bumper fenter and what the difference between CW carbon and OEM carbon hood