Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

RA Concern List!

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1, 2011, 01:27 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
SSSoooooooo...... at this point so i dont reiterate and spew more garbage into this lovely thread, what part of maryland are you from. If your in the Northeaster corner, i can show you my RA, and let you listen to her purr. She is just like everything you asked in your questions, and what richard said above. But i lover her none the less.

19k miles on her currently 308hp 290tq, upgrading the brakes anyways cuz they are crap(brakes were not why you bought the RA, trust me), tailpipe is blacker then......insert bad comment to get you banned here, and idle is different because she is tuned and sounds and acts completely different from a stocker.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 07:46 AM

Thx Richardjh for the descriptive and knowledgable information. It really helps, cause I was thinking on trading in already for the evo, but there are no current incentives.

Antiblitz I live in Columbia, MD close to NSA. PM a POI so we can meet and to check out your 300+hp RA. Wow, impresive.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by captobvious75
Your car is fine. Just wait for the absurd tranny noises later on in the RA's life. If you're worried now, you'll be panicking later!

I love coasting to stop at low RPM in 2nd, it rattles and pops so much.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 12:27 PM
Evolved Member

^Ya right. What you would intuitively think is being gentle on the car (gentle coasting to a stop) makes the worst noise, but a hard speed-racer-esk stop is smooth as butter (only problem is every douche in a Scion/Honda automatically thinks you want to race, when in reality you are trying to be good to your car, go figure :/ )
Old Jun 1, 2011, 02:33 PM
Evolving Member

pendejo, there is actually a very large community of guys in the ellicott city area, its pretty far for me since its over an hour, but since your close it would be better for you. They meet and have lunch and dinner what not quite alot from what i hear
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pendejo
check out your 300+hp RA. Wow, impresive.
Keep in mind, he's not running the stock turbo anymore. He has an EvoX turbo in his car now, which is why he's able to put up those kind of numbers.
Old Jun 1, 2011, 08:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by AntiBlitz
pendejo, there is actually a very large community of guys in the ellicott city area, its pretty far for me since its over an hour, but since your close it would be better for you. They meet and have lunch and dinner what not quite alot from what i hear
You might want to clue him in on how to get in touch with this "very large community of guys" that you're referring to here.... I'm pretty close to Ellicott City, and I've never heard anything about this myself either.
Old Jun 11, 2011, 05:30 PM
Evolving Member

to rejuvenate this post and answer your question:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/mi...a-meets-7.html
Old Jun 11, 2011, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by captobvious75
Your car is fine. Just wait for the absurd tranny noises later on in the RA's life. If you're worried now, you'll be panicking later!

I believe in the last 2000 km's my tranny has been making some good noises. Rattleing like crazy!

Well it was rattleing before, but now the sounds are much louder.

Its loud enough to wonder if these noises are starting to lean "out of the norm" lol