Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Opinions: Is this a good deal

Search this Thread

Old Jul 1, 2011, 07:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Opinions: Is this a good deal

Im a previous EVO 8,9 owner and thinking about a Ralliart. I saw this one on ebay and with the mods it seems like a great deal. Just looking for opinions.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mitsu...ht_1070wt_1167
Old Jul 1, 2011, 11:54 PM
Evolving Member

Humm, good question....
Old Jul 2, 2011, 09:07 AM
Evolved Member

HA!! That's hilarious.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If I didn't already have a Ralliart and wanted a Sportback, I think this would be a great deal!
Old Jul 2, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
its a good deal..considering the mods and the mileage....If I wanted a sportback I would look into how feasable it is to buy a car in VA. Where at in KS are you?
Old Jul 2, 2011, 06:24 PM
Evolved Member

Its a WONDERFUL deal. If I didnt have my car I'd buy it. That thing will spank the crap out of a stock EvoX or even a tuned one at that.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Pffft.....that car is ok but this one is much better

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...sportback.html
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:02 PM
yip
Evolving Member

Received 32 Likes on 23 Posts
It's a pretty much brand new car with over $6k in quality aftermarket parts and for less than stock blue book value. I'd say it's an amazing deal that you will not come across ever again.
Old Jul 2, 2011, 08:18 PM

hixlancer,
Im in Olathe...
Old Jul 3, 2011, 09:11 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by omegis
Pffft.....that car is ok but this one is much better

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sa...sportback.html
hah
Old Jul 3, 2011, 01:42 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by yip
It's a pretty much brand new car with over $6k in quality aftermarket parts and for less than stock blue book value. I'd say it's an amazing deal that you will not come across ever again.
Its also a brand new car with no powertrain warranty. No offense to RideSober, but buying a car thats been heavily modified is a huge risk. If the seller cut corners or otherwise damaged the car when they put the mods on, you could be buying a lemon. With the expense of transmissions, center diffs, and other components these days, that great deal could turn into a huge money pit.

Now, before I get slammed, I'm not saying any of this pertains to RideSober. I'm sure he modded his car with the utmost care and did everything properly. It looks like he used all high-quality components. I'm just saying, in general, buying a used vehicle that's been modded and priced really cheap is a very risky situation.
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkennedy293
Its also a brand new car with no powertrain warranty. No offense to RideSober, but buying a car thats been heavily modified is a huge risk. If the seller cut corners or otherwise damaged the car when they put the mods on, you could be buying a lemon. With the expense of transmissions, center diffs, and other components these days, that great deal could turn into a huge money pit.

Now, before I get slammed, I'm not saying any of this pertains to RideSober. I'm sure he modded his car with the utmost care and did everything properly. It looks like he used all high-quality components. I'm just saying, in general, buying a used vehicle that's been modded and priced really cheap is a very risky situation.

But then again, if you were gonna do that anyways...yeah then worth it. And you even have a pretty good history of what the car has been through from this site. But yeah I do agree, it's a huge risk...but it's a huge risk if you do this to a new car anyways as well...at least this way, you save several grand up front.