Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Seems like Ralliarts are ...

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3, 2011, 01:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wink Seems like Ralliarts are ...

... the way to go. I'm from NC and have spent the last 3 weeks looking for one both inside, and outside of my state, to no avail. Is it just because they are so popular, or is it due to the production halting in Japan due to the Tsunamis and earthquakes?

Regardless, I definitely want one of these puppies before I go on a stint of active duty in August. Hopefully I'll be able to find one before then.

*fingers crossed*
Old Jul 3, 2011, 01:29 PM
Evolved Member

You don't see many of them around because Mitsubishi doesn't build that many of them. Most go to California and cold weather states. If you want buy a used one, Carmax has one for sale and RideSober in Eastern VA is selling his on Ebay.\

Good luck finding one, its a great car.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 01:34 PM

I'm just surprised not to see one here. I live in Asheville, in the mountains of NC where we got 3 ft of snow last year. It's not a denver or minneapolis, by any means, but we still get some bad weather.

I WILL have one! I must! Thanks for the heads up on the sales J!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 01:55 PM
Evolved Member

Definitely look at RideSober's, listed both here and ebay. For ~$20K its a hell-of-a steal relative to both low miles and the amount of work he's put into it
Old Jul 3, 2011, 06:17 PM

I snagged the last New Ralliart in NC 2 weeks ago. Rotor Glow Metallic SB. LOVE IT!!! I got a great deal I think. I actually paid less for it than some used ones I seen listed.
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:24 PM
Evolving Member

Thanks Guys

Thanks for the kind words guys.

After a couple weeks we are coming to the final countdown on RideSober.

My local BMW dealer has given me a fair trade offer for nearly what I am asking, so her direction will be finalized one way or the other by Tuesday. I am actually amazed she has not sold, I'm sure the gang on this board knows I have dropped well over $30K into this car, and was thinking someone would surely spend $21k to buy her, I'll get $20K trading her... Oh well this economy sucks

I'm not pulling everything off when I trade her, just the bigger items so I'll be selling the CBRD RAD turbo ported/polished, and ceramic coated by GrimmSpeed, DC Sports Cat Back, UR DP/ HF Cat, and of course my Cobb Accessport, and a few other items. Keep an eye open on the classified section, and PM me if you are interested.

Took a young guy and his middle-aged dad for a test ride today, you should have seen that dad's face when I gunned it after turning down a twisty road... Ear to ear... He probably about crapped himself when she pinned him back in his seat and just hugged the road, I'm sure he had no idea that was coming, or maybe even possible for that matter! That smile told the whole story, and of course I have had a similar smile on my face many times over the last few months.

So regardless of whether I have to casterate this thoroughbred and return her to stock performance, or sell her outright as I would prefer , I am going to be driving a twin turbo 335i next weekend.

OK so here is the snapshot of the twin turbo 335i test drive.

BMW sales guy in the backseat with me and my wife in the front, "Go ahead and hit the accelerator" OK, I hit the accelerator and the 6 speed steptronic goes down to passing gear and we go from like 55-75 on the highway in a few seconds...

BMW sales guy "So what do you think of all that power?" I'm thinking, Damn that was lethargic, this puppy needs a seriously good tune my RA would kill this car.

I respond "That was very nice and very refined" only words I could think of at the time short of disapointing.

Wife loves the BMW (imagine that) and this is really more of a civilized car for an old fart like me anyway. I am already planning the mods, a tune is desperately needed and a Cobb Accessport will be immediate. I'm not sure if exhaust is in the short term or long range future, but I'm sure I'll need to hear what that engine sounds like after listening to my RA growl for these past several months...
Old Jul 3, 2011, 08:37 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ah man, I could've given you a ride around blue ridge parkway! I just got back from Asheville today! Stayed at the best western on tunnel ave right by blue ridge last night. Woke up at 6am, drove through most of blue ridge before cutting up virginia, pa, and jersey. It's 11pm and I just got home!
Old Jul 3, 2011, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

As much as I would love a 335i, I couldn't afford the aftermarket for this car. Its as tho they say to themselves "hmmm, BMW....well if the sh!tbirds can afford this car they can afford to pay 2-3x's as much in the aftermarket"
Nice scoop tho, at the first Red Line track events this season the BERK 135 has been absolutely murdering it (i.e. LAPPING almost all other cars in the Red Line events).

EDIT: Turbo for sale.....hmmmm, pm when you decide
Old Jul 3, 2011, 10:55 PM

shame you do not live closer to texas as i would sale you my ralliart in a heart beat and it only has 300 miles on it, bought the last one in texas unless they get more soon,but i do not like the car and would sale for any price
Old Jul 4, 2011, 08:06 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by medjeep
shame you do not live closer to texas as i would sale you my ralliart in a heart beat and it only has 300 miles on it, bought the last one in texas unless they get more soon,but i do not like the car and would sale for any price
That bad huh? What the heck don't you like about it? There's a lot to like about these cars in my opinion...
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:51 AM
Evolved Member

The tranny takes getting used to, as it does not drive like anything else. BUT, once you figure it, it drives better than most anything else
Old Jul 4, 2011, 10:53 AM
Evolved Member

but i do not like the car and would sale for any price
I'll gladly offer you $100
Old Jul 4, 2011, 11:58 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by sstevojr
I'll gladly offer you $100
I don't mean to start a bidding war, but I'll pay $101
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkennedy293
I don't mean to start a bidding war, but I'll pay $101
I wanna play too...$102...umm what are we bidding on again .
Old Jul 4, 2011, 01:41 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jkennedy293
You don't see many of them around because Mitsubishi doesn't build that many of them. Most go to California and cold weather states. If you want buy a used one, Carmax has one for sale and RideSober in Eastern VA is selling his on Ebay.\

Good luck finding one, its a great car.

Most go to SOUTHERN california. Us in norcal get a pretty small selection. I think we have 2 left up here and we only started with nine 2011 models. But if you want a RA, a trip down to so cal definately isn't a bad idea...and you can have a little mini vacation at laguna beach or something.