Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

warrenty!?!?!

Search this Thread

Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:20 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
warrenty!?!?!

so the dealer told me beuase im the second owner of the 2009 ralliart that i dont have the 5yr/60k mile warranty!? its so stupid because in the warrenty manual it says that the warrenty is for all owners of the car within the 5yr/60k. are they just trying to screw me over? btw 2 dealers near me said this... i saw on some other post a guy posted a link and it said its fully transferable? i hope so i dont want my trans to blow and then im out like 12k. please help (if you know what your talking about)
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:48 PM

Should be able to transfer the warranty for free or a small warranty xsfer fee.

Did you google around to see if you could find any info yet?
Old Jul 30, 2011, 10:55 PM
Evolving Member

no google. and i shouldnt have to pay to transfer a factory warrenty right? i could see if it was a extended one but not factory.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:02 PM

I know Chrysler had a $50 transfer fee or something like that. Definitely doesn't make sense but hey it's a dealer.

Call other Mitsubishi dealers to get more info. I am sire there is a way you can transfer it. They don't void warranty for second ownership.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:03 PM
Evolving Member

ok and ill ask them thanks
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:08 PM

i just bought my 09' this month and I was able to talk them into transferring the warranty or I would walk from the deal . Mitsubishi dealers should not care , after all they are compensated from the company and they may find other problems that they they would hope you are willing to pay for out of pocket
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:14 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
It transfers automatically. The dealers you went to are full of it.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:19 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by razorlab
so i dont need to pay anything? oh and aarnt you the guy that knows everything about the TC-SST? if so is it normal to have virbrations from 2300 rpms to like 3500? it not loud so i think its just the exhaust. oh and is it normal for a stck ralliart to not be that fast in the low end when you only give it like 1/3 gas? sorry for my vague description.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:25 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I thought you got a warranty from the dealer you bought it from? So shouldn't that make the mitsu warranty kinda moot?

In anycase, they can void the warranty of the used car if they can prove there was abuse or tampering. If the previous owner touched his ECU and the dealer saw that in the ECU log...yeah your warranty is gone. Hell with carfax, they can void the warranty if the proper oil changes are not shown on it as they can say the previous owner abused the car and unless you have the orginal owner's list of receipts, you won't be able to fight it. Yeah it's very much a douche move on the dealer's part, but that is one of the downsides of getting a used car. I would suggest you contact mitsu regional and complain. They do take dealers pulling such tricks very seriously.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:29 PM
Evolving Member

no i havent bought the warrenty yet i will later on tho. im going monday to my dealer to have them write down on paper cuz they told me when i bought it that i have the remainder of the warrenty left. and i got a hold of the previous owner and he never modded it just drove it. and he always got the work done at merlins (his cousin owns a merlins)
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:31 PM

thats what I always thought , but of course It seemed like they were doing me a favor ..

I did however meet the original owner which was cool.

he put the ams boost pill and tune on the car .. I do not feel anything crazy as I never drove a stock RA I guess.
My last car was an 02 wrx with the sti turbo etc..etc.. and i blew the tranny so I wanted a new feel .. the sst tranny is a whole new world i must say

hope it can keep up lol
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Frank120
so i dont need to pay anything? oh and aarnt you the guy that knows everything about the TC-SST? if so is it normal to have virbrations from 2300 rpms to like 3500? it not loud so i think its just the exhaust. oh and is it normal for a stck ralliart to not be that fast in the low end when you only give it like 1/3 gas? sorry for my vague description.

Are you in normal drive mode and on the freeway or while lugging? If so, the vibration and the fluttering sound if from a boost surge in all likelyhood.

And yes low end, before turbo kicks in and low trottle = slow as all hell :P . Just peddle to the metal...problem solved .

Last edited by ColdNapalm; Jul 30, 2011 at 11:33 PM.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:32 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,038 Likes on 760 Posts
Originally Posted by Frank120
oh and is it normal for a stck ralliart to not be that fast in the low end when you only give it like 1/3 gas? sorry for my vague description.
Yes that is normal, that all gets fixed with the BaseMaps I offer.
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:33 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ColdNapalm
Are you in normal drive mode and on the freeway or while lugging? If so, the vibration and the fluttering sound if from a boost surge in all likelyhood.

And yes end, before turbo kicks in and low trottle = slow as all hell :P . Just peddle to the metal...problem solved .
lmao!! and its just when driving normal mode at 2300-3500 or something like that
Old Jul 30, 2011, 11:35 PM
Evolving Member

Yes that is normal, that all gets fixed with the BaseMaps I offer.
id get it but i dont want my warrenty voided. will it void it? btw the guy said he did the 30k service but it wasnt through mitsu. should i get it done through mitsu just to be sure so they dont say i "neglected it"

Quick Reply: warrenty!?!?!