Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart Reliability

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:03 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have 35K miles on my car now and use it for DD and some light track use. It has never given me a bit of problem sense I have owned it. I have only minor mods but do drive it like I stole it. LOL. (soon to go E85) They are very solid cars and rewarding to drive.

Look into the company Getrag. They are the ones that designed and built this state of the art transmission and also designed and built the GTR's as well. They have been hired by Mitsubishi for one reason. To do it right the first time.

When you ask a forum to call out problems. You will hear from the few that have problems but the very very few that do are just that. Very very few. This car has not disappointed me and I am very happy with my purchase. Enjoy your new Ralliart and welcome to the addiction!!!
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:08 AM

So I need:

1) Sport mode
2) Extender warranty
3) Prayer

Lol you guys are hilarious.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by EvoOtto
...When you ask a forum to call out problems. You will hear from the few that have problems but the very very few that do are just that. Very very few. This car has not disappointed me and I am very happy with my purchase. Enjoy your new Ralliart and welcome to the addiction!!!

Thanks for sharing your experience with your Ralliart. I am now looking forward to picking one up.

Now to wait for Mazda to get my MS3 back....
Old Aug 10, 2011, 02:21 PM
Evolving Member

What's this about never using normal mode???????????
Old Aug 10, 2011, 05:09 PM
Evolving Member

Good points about letting the car warm up in the winter. It feels extremely punishing to the gearbox if you drive it when its very cold without letting it warm up.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by FASTER345
What's this about never using normal mode???????????
Shifts are so much better in sport mode, and not sloppy. In normal mode, there is too much clutch slippage and that will wear the transmission down faster. Treat the car like it has a "manual" transmission. Put it sport mode for all driving conditions, and shift like you would in a manual transmission car.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:39 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by smoke_31
So I need:

1) Sport mode
2) Extender warranty
3) Prayer

Lol you guys are hilarious.
It's your lucky day! Sport mode is just a flick of a switch away. The other two are highly recommended. Dealerships replace the entire transmission instead of working on them right now, because they don't have the training to service them properly. Out of warranty this could add up to and over $10,000.
Old Aug 10, 2011, 07:53 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to break it to CHI-TOWNOZ and VICQ but Im sure my ralliart that I have been hiding away will be breaking records as soon as my new tune is complete over at SPEC-OPS motorsports (Ill let you guys know in about a week on that). Thats neither here or there, I also have almost every bolt on made for this car including the full evo x turbo swap. I havent had any tranny problems thus far and I use it for a DD and periodically hit the track. Now if you want to talk about engines blowing up, thats a different story..hahah The ralliart is a good vehicle as long as you dont abuse it and do your regular maintenance just like with any other vehicle. Good luck with your car search
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm on my dinky little stock turbo though, so that's not a fair comparison. I still wholeheartedly believe that I can get this fat pig to run 11's on the stock turbo and I'll likely die or become institutionalized trying, but I promise it will happen...
Old Aug 10, 2011, 08:09 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
I'm on my dinky little stock turbo though, so that's not a fair comparison. I still wholeheartedly believe that I can get this fat pig to run 11's on the stock turbo and I'll likely die or become institutionalized trying, but I promise it will happen...
Yea you do have a point...You already are improving the opinions of the stock turbo so 11s will make heads explode!! Good luck, hopefully 11s comes before institutionalization
Old Aug 11, 2011, 02:30 PM
Evolving Member

Im in Winnipeg and i have a 09 RA with 62,000kms no tranny problems. I love driving the car so much i put on 35k a year however i did get into an accident and it took 7 months to fix(no fault of Mits it was the body shops fu*k ups).

I drive the sh*t out of my car i have taken it to top speed over half a dozen times and over 200kph more times then i can count and she is still running like the day i bought it.

I highly recommend the GST Basemap, best thing in the world for the RA and it only costs $20 for the pill(optional). You also need a tactrix 2.0 but i bet you could hook up with a guy in Edmonton cause i know at least one will have it

The link below will be a good read

cheers

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...t-basemap.html
Old Aug 11, 2011, 03:14 PM

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
I currently have 30k miles of mixed daily driving, highway cruising, drag race and auto-x race use. Car is equipped with nearly every bolt-on modification possible without touching the turbo itself and is custom tuned. Currently one of the fastest stock-turbo Ralliarts (soon to be THE fastest, lol) and have had no issues whatsoever with my transmission to date. (knocks the hell out of the wood desk)

The trick is to do all of your maintenance on time and to never drive the car cold. Always allow at least 2-3 minutes, minimum, for the car to idle before going anywhere. That has been my methodology anyways and it has gotten me this far with great results.

I love this friggin car. Definitely not a race car, but one hell of a daily driver and weekend warrior for sure.
2-3 minutes??? Holy **** dude, I have my idle for less than a minute and im out the door.
Old Aug 11, 2011, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

^^^^+1 1 minute tops before i'm on the road and moving
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:16 PM

Again, thanks for all your guys input. I actually looked up the gst base map thread the other day since it pops up all the time on this forum.

Amazing that some one offers that much work equating to power for so little money.

I see mitsu is doing 0.9% financing right now too. Hurry up Mazda and get my MS3 back so I can trade!
Old Aug 11, 2011, 06:40 PM
Evolving Member

great car for me in performance dep.....
stock(mine)14.2@95mph
gst v2.6 93, boost pill, k&n drop air filter 13.3@102mph

Free --------- $35 --------- $40 =$75

can your mazda do that????

Quick Reply: Ralliart Reliability