Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

mod advice... where to go next? (on a budget)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 15, 2011, 03:48 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
No.
Old Dec 15, 2011, 04:07 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by p1llar
No.
yayy!
Old Dec 15, 2011, 10:39 PM
Evolved Member

what do you guys think about the turbosmart bov?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:52 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Chaz17
Never tried it. I have the Go Fast Bits Stealth FX and it works great for me. No issues at all. The new version is the Response:

http://www.gfb.com.au/products?page=...ategory_id=210
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:51 PM
Evolving Member

You have enough parts on the car that most dealerships would void your warranty, so why not just get a tune/cobb AP so you can really see some great gains?

If I were you, I would stay away from power upgrades if you are afraid of voiding your warranty. Get springs and sway bars and a nice alignment with camber bolts to get the car to handle nicely.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 04:57 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by bossssman38
You have enough parts on the car that most dealerships would void your warranty, so why not just get a tune/cobb AP so you can really see some great gains?

If I were you, I would stay away from power upgrades if you are afraid of voiding your warranty. Get springs and sway bars and a nice alignment with camber bolts to get the car to handle nicely.
they can only void it if they directly relate the problem to whatever mod i did. tuning changes the cars entire computer system, like the way the engine works. everything ive done wont change much. but a tune will really hurt any argument i can put up if making a warranty claim.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:12 PM

they can only void it if they directly relate the problem to whatever mod i did. tuning changes the cars entire computer system, like the way the engine works. everything ive done wont change much. but a tune will really hurt any argument i can put up if making a warranty claim.

you're assuming they'll go looking for a tune. if you had a cobb AP and switched to stock before heading back into a dealer i'd doubt they'd find anything. and really most dealers only go digging if the car looks the part. which is why I really like AMS's tune and boost pill for stock cars. Finally you can have your cake and eat it too.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:19 PM
Evolving Member

driver mod ftw! maybe some tires along with it.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by volksjager
you're assuming they'll go looking for a tune. if you had a cobb AP and switched to stock before heading back into a dealer i'd doubt they'd find anything. and really most dealers only go digging if the car looks the part. which is why I really like AMS's tune and boost pill for stock cars. Finally you can have your cake and eat it too.
i keep hearing that even if you tune and then return it to stock, they can tell no one has verified this but id rather take care of all the mods i want that dont need a tune and then get into that real danger territory.

can we please not turn this into the millionth warranty battle thread? just straight advice and suggestions please.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 05:33 PM
Evolved Member

i keep hearing that even if you tune and then return it to stock, they can tell no one has verified this but id rather take care of all the mods i want that dont need a tune and then get into that real danger territory.

can we please not turn this into the millionth warranty battle thread? just straight advice and suggestions please.
if you're unwilling to get a tune, then any mod besides wheels/tires and/or driver training is a waste

tuning is crucial to have a properly running car. if anything, you risk breaking something without a proper tune anyway - defeating the point of you wanting the warranty/reliability

grow some *****; tuning/modding always has risks - if you can't swallow them, don't mod imo
Old Dec 16, 2011, 06:08 PM
Evolving Member

I have it on my car and i love it!! You can select how much air is vented to atmosphere and how much is recirculated. I have never had a problem with mine.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:04 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Exyia
if you're unwilling to get a tune, then any mod besides wheels/tires and/or driver training is a waste

tuning is crucial to have a properly running car. if anything, you risk breaking something without a proper tune anyway - defeating the point of you wanting the warranty/reliability

grow some *****; tuning/modding always has risks - if you can't swallow them, don't mod imo
thank you for your opinion, but im not getting a tune till i have more stuff on the car because then ill need to re-tune & re-tune... too much $$$

Originally Posted by zebra4
I have it on my car and i love it!! You can select how much air is vented to atmosphere and how much is recirculated. I have never had a problem with mine.
thank you
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:38 PM
Evolved Member

has anybody has issues with a high flow cat causing them the run rich or lean?
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:40 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
You're more likely to encounter overboost than a lean condition when installing a hfc, and both are VERY unlikely.
Old Dec 16, 2011, 07:46 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
You're more likely to encounter overboost than a lean condition when installing a hfc, and both are VERY unlikely.
so if i get it, its not very likely that the car will go rich or lean? its a pretty safe bet for the most part.
ill get the hfc and a wideband obviously, and thats a decently safe way to go?

also, i can get a downpipe for a reasonably cheap price, and the turbo swap is down the road a ways, should i go for that also? is that dangerous towards the possibility of going lean/ rich?

thanks guys

Last edited by Chaz17; Dec 16, 2011 at 07:59 PM.

Quick Reply: mod advice... where to go next? (on a budget)