Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Weekend Mods

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2012, 02:04 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Weekend Mods

Just wanted to share some pictures of the work I had done on my car this weekend. I had a CBRD FMIC, CBRD UICP, and CBRD LICP installed, then Plasti-Dipped and remounted the nosering on the Ralliart in order to change it from chrome to black, installed a matching black "Ralliart" embossed license plate cover, and lastly flashed the ECU to the latest beta version of the GST basemap(Balance 15, thanks Rich!). Sooo, lots of time spent showing some TLC to the vehicle today, but I think it was well worth it. Next steps for me might be a custom midpipe with resonators, dyno-tuning, and maybe better brakes and tires. After seeing the crappy plastic skid-plate on the front underside of the car, it also makes me want to upgrade to the SSP metal skidplate, but for now I've done enough for one weekend! Here's the pics:
Weekend Mods-car-mod4-3-17-12.jpg

Weekend Mods-car-mod3-3-17-12.jpg

Weekend Mods-car-mod2-3-17-12.jpg

Weekend Mods-car-mod1-3-17-12.jpg

Last edited by Slee256; Mar 17, 2012 at 02:28 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 04:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Looks great. That IC makes stock look really tiny. Get that exhaust finished up to a turbo-back and a tune will put you at some real nice numbers.

Quick question, what boostpill are you running with the GST map? I emailed GST but haven't had a response, and I can't find their pill on their site.
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bossssman38
Looks great. That IC makes stock look really tiny. Get that exhaust finished up to a turbo-back and a tune will put you at some real nice numbers.

Quick question, what boostpill are you running with the GST map? I emailed GST but haven't had a response, and I can't find their pill on their site.
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to go full turbo-back, because unlike most guys on EvoM, I prefer a very quiet sleeper-type car and I'm afraid that going with a high flow cat would end up being too loud for my liking. As far as the boost pill, I actually did get it from GST, but that was a couple years ago and I've heard that they've been having business troubles, so I'm not surprised you haven't been able to reach them. You might want to PM Bryan(Razorlab) to see what he suggests, but here's a link to a boost pill from AMS that I think a lot of guys on here are using now in place of the GST one, and I haven't heard that anyone's had any problems.
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...oost-Pill.html
Old Mar 17, 2012, 05:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Slee256
Yeah, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to go full turbo-back, because unlike most guys on EvoM, I prefer a very quiet sleeper-type car and I'm afraid that going with a high flow cat would end up being too loud for my liking. As far as the boost pill, I actually did get it from GST, but that was a couple years ago and I've heard that they've been having business troubles, so I'm not surprised you haven't been able to reach them. You might want to PM Bryan(Razorlab) to see what he suggests, but here's a link to a boost pill from AMS that I think a lot of guys on here are using now in place of the GST one, and I haven't heard that anyone's had any problems.
http://www.amsperformance.com/cart/A...oost-Pill.html
Thanks for the quick reply. With the exhaust, I've heard running a high flow cat with the stock catback and downpipe was not much louder than stock.

I pm'ed Bryan a week or two ago but haven't heard anything back. I guess I'll just go with AMS or UR. Thanks