Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Saying goodbye to my Ralliart..

Search this Thread

Old Jun 12, 2012, 06:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Saying goodbye to my Ralliart..

To the awesome people on this forum and great knowledge based people out here who have given me feedback and helping out others. I will come back and be more than happy to help out for others about their cars and modifications what can or cannot be done. Again, I just wanted to say goodbye to my Ralliart.

I am trading mine in and so sick of this car to be honest..I have not been on this site for a while cuz of how much bad luck I have had with this car. Having 4th major problems that I know is considered under warranty but with all the dealer service which completely sucks and by far the worst I have ever experienced in my lifetime. I do take great care of my car and do enjoy the fun out of it but when it comes to service, they can have my bird up in their ****!! I am trading this in after I pick up the car Thursday and got myself a Ford F150 FX4 (2005) and never ever gonna buy a Japanese car again after my 2nd time out of all American cars I have bought over the years and not have major problems like the 2 Japanese cars I have owned. I do know most are reliable for those Japanese cars but I just have major bad luck with them. Don't ask why but it is the truth for me and most of you guys are having good luck with them or even other import cars.

So I just hate to give it away but it just NEED to go!! Plus I am getting a great deal for my offer. I owe left of 11,500 and the dealer gave me 15k for it. The mileage is 70k on my car. I know it can be sold for 18 to 19,5k from dealers according to KKB or NADA. The truck is asking 14,999 and talked down to 12,500. So with trade in, this gives me 9k for the truck and I cannot complain about this. Oh the truck has about 88 or 90k miles which I care less since I am a mechanic and I can do those repairs since it is easier then the Ralliart which requires a lot of "special" tools to work on them which I am not too fond of. And on top of that, I am buying a house which is important for me and my so loved family of my beautiful wife and my greatest gift from god, a son for us.

So most of you guys will be missed but I will come around when I get the chance and give some feedback and whatnot.

Sebastian
Old Jun 12, 2012, 07:08 PM
Evolving Member

You gotta do what you gotta do! At the end of the day, you're the one that is affected and not us. So I support u all the way! Enjoy the truck but most of all, take care the family first!
Old Jun 12, 2012, 09:02 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Good luck with the truck!
Old Jun 13, 2012, 12:22 PM
Evolved Member

I was just tellking my wife the other day once the RA is paid off I think my next vehicle will be a F150... but I want the new one.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:25 PM
Evolving Member

Wow! Hope you enjoy your new ride. About your ralliart, man you have alot of miles for an 2011 ralliart. I have a 2009 and have like 36000 on it was my only ride until beginning of this month I got my self a crotch rocket. Again Good luck with the truck.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tiresomejunk
Wow! Hope you enjoy your new ride. About your ralliart, man you have alot of miles for an 2011 ralliart. I have a 2009 and have like 36000 on it was my only ride until beginning of this month I got my self a crotch rocket. Again Good luck with the truck.

he rolls an 09?
Old Jun 13, 2012, 01:55 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Dbzguy
he rolls an 09?

oops sorry. LOL! Tired that's all.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Yes it is an 09 with 70k miles, the reason of those miles is cuz I was going back and forth to school at UTI for about 1 year and 7 months and putting miles on which is about 40 miles one way, but now that I have graduated may 4th. I am not putting any miles anymore since my job is literally like 3 miles down the road. But thanks everyone for their response. I have had the car for 3 years and had nothing but 4 major problems with it.
Old Jun 13, 2012, 06:45 PM

Good luck with the truck!!!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Okay.
But remember 'luck' is just perspective.

Same event viewed from a different angle (attitude) yields a different 'luck'.

Example: 'I just hit a tree'
Good luck no one was hurt! vs.
My bad luck to hit a tree!

So it really is about engineering and attitude.

Not a sermon - just a thought...
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:27 AM
Evolved Member

So what were the amjor problems? just curious.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RalliMark
So what were the amjor problems? just curious.

1. awc pump blew out at 35k something miles (cannot remember the exact)
2. timing chain stretch at 50k miles
3. turbo manifold cracked in half at 65k miles
4. wheel hub/bearing assembly split in half at 70k miles (this happened on way to my buddy's wake on Friday just recently)

The car is only 3 years old and I baby it so much by going easy and all, never raced it hard or anything. Once in a while, I would give it a gas to push it to keep a minimum balance of engine running efficiency. Those are major problems to me. Minor problems are suspension work, and regular maintenance duties in my opinion.
Old Jun 14, 2012, 08:08 PM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Wait wait... you got $15k out of the RA with 70k miles? I'm sitting on a gold mine here!
Old Jun 14, 2012, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Wow, that IS bad luck, jebus Too bad that didn't happen the first year, I think that could have gotten you a new car for free
Old Jun 15, 2012, 06:02 AM
Evolved Member

Yeah if all that stuff happened to my car I feel the same way you feel. That kind of scares me Im right about 35000k