Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart Leasing

Search this Thread

Old Oct 20, 2012, 06:09 AM
xi
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by deprydation
Are you crazy?! That's awesome! One of the best parts about owning one of these. You get like 85% of the perks of the Evo with only 70% of the cost and spirited driving such as you describe.

I live in Southern CA so the AWD is nothing more but extra grip for me, but I do like having the ability to go ANYWHERE and just change the AWC instead of changing vehicles. I've actually seen some of the more rally spec Evo's/Ralliart's go places where lifted trucks and off road vehicles won't go. It's pretty hilarious watching an Evo 9 drive into the sand at glamis and kick the crap out of drag buggies up a huge dune. Hell I used to do it in my old WRX
Eh it's all fun and games till a deer steps in front of you. Not to mention the couple of times it went airborne over the swells in the road probably weren't good for the suspension. It is pretty fun in the winter though flying pass SUVs on snow and mud.
Old Oct 22, 2012, 01:27 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@OP.. I would finance if I were you.

Originally Posted by tjwphoto
ill add a little something here:

i lease mine, $270 a month after taxes, i think the invoice was $27.5k. 3 years, 15k miles a year, $2500 down, $1000 loyalty rebate. ive modded mine to the point where i can put it back to stock; springs, drop in, intercooler and pipes, bov, test pipe, flaps, tint, and a cobb accessport. all things i can reverse back to stock (minus the tint). i do not intend on purchasing my car after my lease. my dealership will more the likely just try to get me into another lease, at about the same payment. so what? im in the leasing pattern, i never own a car, but i do have a new car every 3 years....
All the money you're spending on each car you lease, you could've had a GT-R... I leased my previous car: 08 GTS. Only reason I leased was because my boyfriend was all for leasing. And I was in a pinch for a car. Leasing agreement was for 60 months. $270 per month. I had it for 56 months before turning it in. So I spent $15120 + the $1000 I put down. They said I owed $8k still. You don't get **** back anymore for leases. Low mileage, doesn't matter. New battery, doesn't matter. Flushed everything, doesn't matter. I only had 40k miles on it after having the car for 56 months. I had all services done by the dealership. Had everything flushed at 40k miles. Replaced the battery. New tires.

Yeah, you get a new car every couple years, but in the long run, you don't have a way of saying "It's MY car".

My boyfriend used to lease Jeep Laredos. He leased like.. 5 total I think. At the dealership in 2010, the cost of leasing a 2010 Jeep Laredo was more expensive than to finance one. He went a different route and now owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. Just think all that money he spent of 10+ years of payments, not a single one of those Laredos he can call his. >.<

Just my .02. Don't take it the wrong way lol
Old Oct 22, 2012, 09:18 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by odysseus91
Yeah I thought about that but I'm only planning on wheels and possibly an exhaust and I could definitely wait for those anyway. The car pretty much has everything I want already
Hahaha you would think soooo......I thought the same thing and that doesn't happen. If you get this car you will end up kicking yourself in the *** if you lease it. This car was designed to be modded....
Old Oct 23, 2012, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by kissmeblind
@OP.. I would finance if I were you.

All the money you're spending on each car you lease, you could've had a GT-R... I leased my previous car: 08 GTS. Only reason I leased was because my boyfriend was all for leasing. And I was in a pinch for a car. Leasing agreement was for 60 months. $270 per month. I had it for 56 months before turning it in. So I spent $15120 + the $1000 I put down. They said I owed $8k still. You don't get **** back anymore for leases. Low mileage, doesn't matter. New battery, doesn't matter. Flushed everything, doesn't matter. I only had 40k miles on it after having the car for 56 months. I had all services done by the dealership. Had everything flushed at 40k miles. Replaced the battery. New tires.

Yeah, you get a new car every couple years, but in the long run, you don't have a way of saying "It's MY car".

My boyfriend used to lease Jeep Laredos. He leased like.. 5 total I think. At the dealership in 2010, the cost of leasing a 2010 Jeep Laredo was more expensive than to finance one. He went a different route and now owns a 2010 Jeep Wrangler. Just think all that money he spent of 10+ years of payments, not a single one of those Laredos he can call his. >.<

Just my .02. Don't take it the wrong way lol
No I appreciate the feedback. Right now I know I could lease a 2013 from planet mitsubishi for 25,000. My idea is to lease for 1 or two years, and with the residual probably endind around 21-23,000 the monthly payments would be really low, in the mean time I'm saving my money, lease comes to the end and i have a larg down payment to buy the car with.

Originally Posted by ArtofRalli
Hahaha you would think soooo......I thought the same thing and that doesn't happen. If you get this car you will end up kicking yourself in the *** if you lease it. This car was designed to be modded....
I know you're right, but I think, key word think lol, I could hold myself back until the end of thr year or two when I buy it