Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Any more upgrade options for running a RA Stock Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2013, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Professional tuners, like Bryan (a.k.a. razorlabs: https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...sportback.html), use the GM 3port BCS all the time (in addition to coming stock on GM cars: e.g. Pontiac, Chevrolet, Saturn, Olds, Cadillac, etc). Instructions on setting it up in Mitsu's (as well as other any other popular turbo charged car) is well documented on multiple sites/forums.

In case the nomenclature just isn't clicking, that is the OEM General Motors 3 port boost control solenoid. It's not like this is a "no name brand" solenoid, nor is it like it isn't a tried and true component. This is definitely not just "some random eBay part". If eBay is the problem, it can be purchased through any Chevrolet parts department.

It's not that I think the Grimmspeed BCS is "expensive" (in terms of general car parts) per say. It's that I think it's expensive RELATIVE to other BCSs (specifically the AC Delco/GM 3 port BCS) I can get for much cheaper and still have the same if not better reliability.

I have no problem with buying expensive parrts for my car. I've got far more expensive stuff on my car, but I tend to favor best bang for my buck stuff as long as there's no compromise in quality.
Old Apr 19, 2013, 08:42 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm working with Chad at cbrd to get a tubular replacement manifold to pair with the stock turbo/RAD Lite, I've got a thread for this

I've got a small battery for my ra and had no issues but I'm on Vancouver island, but I lived in the parties for awhile... if you decide to go witha small battery I'd definitely make the switch back to stock in the winter

Originally Posted by 1711902090
Thanks,, is there any exhaust headers will bolt on to our RA ? I will definetely get the CAI +HFC+DP.