Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Older Ralliarts: How are your cars holding up?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 15, 2017, 10:20 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
2010 RA, 80k miles.
My wife's car, she always drove it gently.
All services at Mitsubishi, all stock (except for air filter and battery).
Absolute no issues until recently, right rear caliper getting stuck from time to time.
Old Nov 30, 2017, 12:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2009 Rotor Glow with 63K miles.

Mobil 1 extended performance every 5-6K with an OEM filter. First SST fluid change at 40K (I know that was stretching it a bit). Boost pill with GST base map, Cosworth drop-in filter, UR muffler, Swift springs, and a Turbosmart compact dual port BOV (half VTA).

No major mechanical issues so far - there's freeway speed wobble and my springs / shocks creak when turning slowly over uneven ground. The latter is my own fault, but I didn't want the harshness of coilovers.

The only worrisome thing is a chopping sound - almost certainly an exhaust leak - when cold. After warming up / normal driving, it goes away. This could be:
  • At the header (bad - I'd assume a crack)
  • At the downpipe (less bad - maybe a flange, hopefully a gasket)
  • At the cat or midpipe (best cast - flange or gasket that I can reach easily)
Also, the OEM paint is super easily chipped. Every time I wash the car, I find a new spot where hood aluminum / primer is exposed.
Old Dec 1, 2017, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by superhawk996
2009 Rotor Glow with 63K miles.

Mobil 1 extended performance every 5-6K with an OEM filter. First SST fluid change at 40K (I know that was stretching it a bit). Boost pill with GST base map, Cosworth drop-in filter, UR muffler, Swift springs, and a Turbosmart compact dual port BOV (half VTA).

No major mechanical issues so far - there's freeway speed wobble and my springs / shocks creak when turning slowly over uneven ground. The latter is my own fault, but I didn't want the harshness of coilovers.

The only worrisome thing is a chopping sound - almost certainly an exhaust leak - when cold. After warming up / normal driving, it goes away. This could be:
  • At the header (bad - I'd assume a crack)
  • At the downpipe (less bad - maybe a flange, hopefully a gasket)
  • At the cat or midpipe (best cast - flange or gasket that I can reach easily)
Also, the OEM paint is super easily chipped. Every time I wash the car, I find a new spot where hood aluminum / primer is exposed.
I'd recommend checking the exhaust manifold if it's still stock. It would be louder at cold start, and quieter as the car warms up, but LOUD regardless. I'd also check your turbo to manifold bolts/gasket. Not long ago, I had two bolts that began backing out and a third that completely disappeared, not to mention the gasket was shredded apart.
Old Dec 5, 2017, 01:06 PM

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
2014 - 34000km

I know I don't have a lot on the odometer. But figured I'd add my input since the car is a couple years old.
As of yet she hasn't had a single issue other than my driver headlight amber corner indicator burning out
Old Dec 9, 2017, 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by Adrenolin
I'd recommend checking the exhaust manifold if it's still stock. It would be louder at cold start, and quieter as the car warms up, but LOUD regardless. I'd also check your turbo to manifold bolts/gasket. Not long ago, I had two bolts that began backing out and a third that completely disappeared, not to mention the gasket was shredded apart.
Thanks for the input! I was hoping to take a look over the holidays (when I have some free time).

I don't think it's super loud once it's warmed - to me, it sounds no different from stock + muffler. That said, it's entirely possible that I'm acclimated to how loud it's become and I'm completely wrong.

On the turbo-to-manifold bolts / gasket, did you notice an odd sound or behavior(s)? That sounds awful. Also, did you replace that from over or under the car? The reverse mount nature of our cars (e.g. the manifold against the firewall) is frustrating to me, and I'm not used to how difficult it is to access things.
Old Dec 11, 2017, 07:56 AM
Evolving Member

Just hit 70,000 miles last week. Everything still works! Except my Bluetooth won't come on so no more phone calls in the car.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 01:13 PM

2010 Ralliart Sportback, all maintenance done on time, new timing setup done a 70k ( according to previous owner it was preventative ) Currently at 76k and not a single tick, shift slip or clunk... Great car in the snow as well!
Old Feb 1, 2018, 08:47 AM

just rolled over to 130k... everything is still flawless so far minus a small oil leak around the oil pan. simple gasket change though no biggie. The only mods are an HKS 3 stage panel filter, muffler delete, evo x final edition intercooler and piping, and evo mr bbs wheels.