Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

2010 Ralliart Electrical Start Up Problem

Search this Thread

Old Dec 2, 2013, 08:04 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
2010 Ralliart Electrical Start Up Problem

I ran into a strange problem when starting my Ralliart this morning. The car turned over and started, however my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I recorded a small video clip that can be seen at:

I ended up disconnecting the battery and had the car sit for a while. Reconnected the battery and let the car run for 10-15 minutes, followed by a 10-15 minutes test drive. Seems to be running fine again. I am planning on taking it into the dealer this weekend to see if they can find anything wrong. Will keep you all posted.

Quick video of the car running after reconnecting the battery.

Last edited by Ripsco; Dec 2, 2013 at 08:06 AM.
Old Dec 2, 2013, 10:46 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Ripsco
I ran into a strange problem when starting my Ralliart this morning. The car turned over and started, however my dash lit up like a Christmas tree. I recorded a small video clip that can be seen at:

2010 Ralliart Start Up Problem - YouTube

I ended up disconnecting the battery and had the car sit for a while. Reconnected the battery and let the car run for 10-15 minutes, followed by a 10-15 minutes test drive. Seems to be running fine again. I am planning on taking it into the dealer this weekend to see if they can find anything wrong. Will keep you all posted.

Quick video of the car running after reconnecting the battery.

2010 Ralliart After Battery Disconnect - YouTube
I just wanted to give a bit of an update on my problem and what I have tried.

I metered the battery while the car is off and I got 12.92 volts. I then turned the car on and metered the battery and got 14.55 volts. So it looks like my battery and alternator are in normal range. I turned off the car and disconnected the battery and cleaned both terminals/connectors. To the right of the battery and below the fuse box, I found what looks like 2 ground cables that are secured to the chassis. I saw the bolts were rusted, so I removed them and cleaned both the bolts and terminals. They had a bit of corrosion on them. I reconnected the ground cables, and then battery cables. I turned the car on and let it idle for about 10 minutes. Afterwards, I took the car for a spin around the neighborhood and have not seen any issues. Hopefully cleaning the battery terminals, ground cables, and reseating everything securely will be the end of my problem. I will keep you all posted.

Last edited by Ripsco; Dec 2, 2013 at 10:49 AM.
Old Dec 3, 2013, 08:13 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Makes sense - that is the ground for the chassis (including the dash). I beefed up those grounds/wires chasing a radio reception problem that my HIDs introduced.
Old Dec 4, 2013, 11:26 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damn, that would scare the crap out of me, your first video reminds me of when i flashed my ecu with COBB, but obviously thats not what you're doing, glad you found out what the problem was