Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Looking to purchase 2013-2014 Ralliart

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2015, 11:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Looking to purchase 2013-2014 Ralliart

Hey everyone, I'm just looking to get more info on these cars like a 2013+ ralliart I'm looking to purchase one this fall as a winter/ daily i currently own a fp black evo 8 and i don't like driving it in my buffalo winters. I can't afford a evo x so next closest thing is a ralliart. I've heard mixed opinions with these cars, some people love them some hate them. I've also heard these transmissions aren't the greatest. I'm only looking to do some simple bolt ons maybe a cobb i want to keep warranty (yes i know tune voids but i can't detune the car before taking in). Any input would be great.
Thanks, Kevin
Old Jun 3, 2015, 02:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Only issue using these in the winter is the salt kills the AWC pump in the rear. They do make relocation kits to move it from under the car to the trunk.

Other than that It's a fun car in the snow. Like you said the SSt , love itor hate it. On stock clutch packs It does not like launches or anything over 350 hp.
Old Jun 3, 2015, 07:01 PM

Okay thanks! Around how much are the relocation kit, and about how much time am I looking at to move it? and this there anything I should look for when buying one of these?
Old Jun 4, 2015, 02:17 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Mitsubishi Extended the warranties for the AWC pump up to 10 years \100,000 miles.

Relocate kit.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 03:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a 2014 RA, and though the interior is outdated, it's a fun car to drive. It's got a good turning radius, good pickup power; especially if ur using manual modes (normal/sport ). The breaks are decent, not great imo, ride is good on highway, and it's a very underrated handling car, very agile. And it's not a bad looking car neither.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 09:37 PM

I had the same questions as you when I started looking around for a evo/ralliart. I couldn't find an evo that was in decent condition within my budget so I picked up a ralliart instead.

I couldn't be happier with it.. my only gripe is with the brakes which are weak for a car with this much power, but my previous car was an RX8 which had more brakes than power, so what do I know.

Just be sure to find one that has all it's service records and you should be fine. The tranny's aren't as brittle as some would have you believe - they just need to be maintained properly and kept below the 350hp level from what I can tell.

On the mods front, I'd say you might want to look into the gst base maps, the tactrix and maybe a boost pill if you want a quick mod to give you a really decent bump in power for under 200 vs the Cobb. While I haven't done it yet I've been slowly working my way through the threads and info... A great intro to tuning really. Just go to the sticky in the 09+ ralliart engine/tuning section and see for yourself.

Also, I would recommend going with a premium package as it will come with the bells and whistles that the MR has such as navi, recaro's, hid's, etc.

G'luck.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 11:28 PM

Thanks everybody just trying to see what everyone thinks about them all my friends and people i know are just telling me to spend the extra money on a evo x issue is i want to have a car with warranty i have a FP black evo 8 right now and the parts and the amount of time i have to spend fixing it isn't possible to daily anymore so thats what I'm looking for. i found a 2013 ralliart with the SSL package on it with 23k miles for 21.5, I'm assuming thats a good deal. Also i already have a access port for one just sitting around at my house. I'm not looking to make a ton of power i have my evo 8 for that just want a reliable fun car an would like to keep it mitsu!
any other input is great thanks everyone!
Old Jun 5, 2015, 06:54 AM

If you can find a 1-2 year old RA for under 25K, thats a nice deal. Insurance is way cheaper then an EVO and for about 3K of mods you can reach EVO performance, minus the fancy handling tech that EVO's get. The car is a blast and if you stay within warranty, like previously mentioned, the ACD pump is covered for 10 years now (It mostly fails around the 60K mark). Also, change your tranny fluid/filter when required and it will last you for sure.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:36 PM

Thanks a lot everyone! Definitely gonna stay onto of the tranny flushes. thanks for all the help and advice
Old Jun 7, 2015, 11:04 PM
Evolving Member

Get a Ralliart Sportback if you already have an Evo 8. Don't ask questions, just do it!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 07:17 PM

[QUOTE=w8less1der;11458612]Get a Ralliart Sportback if you already have an Evo 8. Don't ask questions, just do it!

Lol probably not I hate the hatch back!
Old Jun 9, 2015, 11:24 PM
Evolving Member

You will regret it. The only reason not to buy an Evo should be to get the sportback...LOL! Do eeeeet!

Don't believe me? Park a non-sportback next to a sportback and ask yourself, "Do I want to secretly wish I was an Evo or do I want to to be able to haul all of my newly acquired mods in the back of the hatchback with the back seats down so I can still carry more bags from the grocery store?" That's my sales pitch and I am sticking to it!

Look at this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...l#post11253489

Last edited by w8less1der; Jun 9, 2015 at 11:35 PM.
Old Jun 10, 2015, 09:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
^werd!

Seriously, the RA is a great DD and should definitely be on your short list from what you have described.

Some of us (me) have gone >100K miles on the tranny with just servicing...
Old Jun 10, 2015, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by w8less1der
You will regret it. The only reason not to buy an Evo should be to get the sportback...LOL! Do eeeeet!

Don't believe me? Park a non-sportback next to a sportback and ask yourself, "Do I want to secretly wish I was an Evo or do I want to to be able to haul all of my newly acquired mods in the back of the hatchback with the back seats down so I can still carry more bags from the grocery store?" That's my sales pitch and I am sticking to it!

Look at this:

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/09...l#post11253489
A local guy has a black hatch ralliart, i used to own a 2012 AWD lancer the SE model he always gave me a thumbs up when we would drive by each other. i just can't do the hatch man! i hate those tail lights and that *** haha i love the new body style sedans!
Old Jun 12, 2015, 04:03 PM
Evolving Member

I'm still amazed with my 09 ralliart with stock transmission, AWC pump, and timing chain at 125,000 miles. The Evo is worth the upgrade if you can afford it, but I couldn't at the time I bought my RA and I've never looked back and regretted my purchase (Even tho i can easily afford an Evo now).

Quick Reply: Looking to purchase 2013-2014 Ralliart