Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Ralliart?

Old Nov 1, 2015, 07:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ralliart?

Hi guys. I currently drive a 2015 Scion FRS. I've always wanted an EVO X. At the moment I can't afford it and I'm not trying to stretch my finances, just to get an evo. I know ill own one day! Im looking to trade in my frs for a Rlliart being since my frs is a lease. Just wanted to know is the ralliart a good choice?
Old Nov 1, 2015, 07:27 PM

I think you will be happier if you get the Evo when you are ready. Especially if you want to build it. Evo has more potential both engine and handling. Make the right move the first time! I would enjoy that FRS until you can get the Evo.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 03:17 AM
Evolving Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
It depends on your plans. If your after stupid power in the long run you patience may pay off.
But since you are leasing the FRS, You should be able to find a Ralliart to purchase for a good deal depending on the year.

The ralliart is a fun car for sure. The limiting factor is the Transmission. But its the same Trans that's in the Evo. You can hit 300 HP with the stock trans without needing to work it up.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You can always get SSP to rebuild an Evo X or Ralliart SST transmission to handle up to 600 ft/lbs of torque.

http://www.sspperformance.com/evo-x-...on-builds.html
Old Nov 2, 2015, 02:23 PM

Originally Posted by DWILSON357
It depends on your plans. If your after stupid power in the long run you patience may pay off.
But since you are leasing the FRS, You should be able to find a Ralliart to purchase for a good deal depending on the year.

The ralliart is a fun car for sure. The limiting factor is the Transmission. But its the same Trans that's in the Evo. You can hit 300 HP with the stock trans without needing to work it up.
Yea bro! Well i mean i want to build it. Don't want like Real Stupid power but around 550HP... Im gonna hold off and just go for the EVO X! Its something i rally want and ill get it! I'm busting my *** already. so might as well just go for it! hopefully by next summer ill have it!
Old Nov 2, 2015, 06:43 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Donizzz
Hi guys. I currently drive a 2015 Scion FRS. I've always wanted an EVO X. At the moment I can't afford it and I'm not trying to stretch my finances, just to get an evo. I know ill own one day! Im looking to trade in my frs for a Rlliart being since my frs is a lease. Just wanted to know is the ralliart a good choice?
It comes down to what you want to do with the car. You can easily build a 500 whp Ralliart if you are willing to spend the money upgrading your transmission - you have to build the transmission to do it in an Evo also. Do you want to track the car or drag the car? That is the biggest difference between the Ralliart and the Evo. The Ralliart is hands down a more comfortable drive as a DD. The Evo is hands down more fun to drive outside of a straight line. If you want a better driver's experience than people claim the FRS has, then you want an Evo.

Just know that the cool people drive Ralliart Sportbacks LOL!
Old Nov 3, 2015, 07:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Next lease a RA and then later buy a used EVO X

Buh Bam!