Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Traded the RA

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2015, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Traded the RA

I traded the RA last weekend. At 107k miles it needed an ACD pump, timing chain, brakes, and tires. I love the RA but couldn't see puting that kind of money into it. That combined with the horrific thought of the tranny taking a dump made the decision easy.

I picked up a new Fiesta ST. This thing is crazy sharp. The steering is super quick and scalpel like in its precision. There is almost no body roll while rotating the back under trail braking. The brakes are 'right now' responsive with only 2700 pounds to stop. It will certainty out handle even a modded RA on the twisty back roads.

Its definitely slower than the RA in a straight line and on the highway. I will miss the passing power and all weather four wheel drift shenanigans but not the horible fuel economy. The ST got 30 mpg on the first agresively driven tank. The RA could never do that.

I just wish there was a free GST base map for the ST. Guess Cobb will be getting some business.

Loved my time here and with the RA. I wish everone well with theirs. But if your looking for something else, especially with a hatchback, then test drive a Fiesta ST. You'll be shocked by what it can do.

Last edited by Dedicated5.0; Nov 2, 2015 at 08:11 AM.
Old Nov 2, 2015, 10:37 AM

Thinking about trading my too. Don't know what to get though lol
Old Nov 2, 2015, 12:24 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Yeah, I was looking for a DD for the wifey and the Fiesta ST made it to the top of my list. Close second is the Hyundai Veloster Turbo
Old Nov 2, 2015, 06:44 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OP, was there a specific reason why you didn't go with a Focus ST instead? I can see why you wouldn't want to spend money on the Focus RS because that is quite a jump, but the Focus ST is more along the lines of a Ralliart.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 03:25 AM

Originally Posted by drivejumpfly
OP, was there a specific reason why you didn't go with a Focus ST instead? I can see why you wouldn't want to spend money on the Focus RS because that is quite a jump, but the Focus ST is more along the lines of a Ralliart.
I drove both. While slower the Fiesta is the sharpest of the two. The Focus drove like a normal car while the Fiesta is literally a go-kart for the street. I guess it was more about feel than numbers.
Old Nov 3, 2015, 09:46 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That's interesting. Keep us posted on how things progress with the Fiesta. I notice you have Festa ST in your sig. Might want to update that.

BTW: What gas mileage are you getting in the Fiesta? With less power and no AWD, it has to be quite a bit better.