Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Engine Under-guard/cover

Search this Thread

Old May 28, 2017, 02:47 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Engine Under-guard/cover

Like probably most of you my bottom engine cover guard was a mess. Scuffed from 5 years of driving and the cover for the oil filter and drain plug was missing!! Damn Valvoline employees!

I did some research and thought about buying one of the fancy $400 aluminum plate cover but said the hell with that. I bought a plastic replacement. It's not the actual OEM one but an aftermarket replacement. This is what I bought -> https://www.carid.com/replace/rear-u...mi1228137.html

$50 shipped and it worked like a charm! See the pic.
I did have to drill 1 single plastic hole out because it didn't match up perfectly but it was an easy drill.

So before you spend a ton of money, buy the a replacement plastic cover. They work fine. Spend the cash on engine upgrades. =)

The following users liked this post:
Videodrome (Jun 3, 2017)
Old May 28, 2017, 06:54 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
For lowered cars it's more cost efficient to get the more solid undertray lol. Going to be smashing them up every few months
Old May 29, 2017, 09:15 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dang. already sold out
Old Jun 2, 2017, 02:39 PM

I agree that the 400 buck option is a bit... discouraging. But considering that i smashed the CRAP out of my OEM plastic last winter, and the next winter my ride will be both lower, and stiffer, i'm going to pick up an aluminum option anyway. I might go as far as making a cardboard copy of the one i get, and if i smash it to to bits, i'll just make a friend water-jet cut a new one, and ignore the fact that it wont be powder coated...
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:54 AM

my is trashed and flew off. I need one of these considering all the winter driving. BUT they're sold out