Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

ABS ASC Warning Lights - 2009 Ralliart ? No codes ?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2013, 05:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
ABS ASC Warning Lights - 2009 Ralliart ? No codes ?

Occasionally on vehicle startup my ABS, ASC warning light comes on together with all of the warning images on the center display. ASC, ABS, AWC

If I immediately turn off the car and restart the engine the warning lights go off.
Vehicle has 70,000 miles and is tuned.

This does not happen on every startup only if the car has been left standing for a few hours.

I have checked for trouble codes using Evoscan 2.9 and Evoscan 2.8 and there are no codes found even though the warning lights were still displayed ?

Are there possibly stored codes that can be retrieved ? Do I have to go to a dealer to retrieve the stored codes ?
Old May 20, 2013, 05:42 PM

The same lights came onto my dash and I took it to the dealer. They said my driver abs speed scensor was bad. They estimated the price of like four hundred something. I bought one used on eBay for like fifty bucks and replaced it myself.
Old May 21, 2013, 02:59 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I had that happen in another car of mine and it turned out a sensor stored under my seat was bad. Car had 80 k on it. It was not a Mitsu but it was almost the exact same issue. Ended up having to replace it and got the part from a used auto parts center.
Old May 21, 2013, 06:00 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ivan308
Are there possibly stored codes that can be retrieved ? Do I have to go to a dealer to retrieve the stored codes ?
Any shop with a snap-on scanner that's up to date can pull abs/acd/srs codes
Old May 28, 2013, 08:18 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It is possible that it's not storing a code if its coming on for short stints, and it'll probably reset when you shut the car off. I would do what stfuad suggests, just get it to a shop, or someone you know that has a sophisticated enough scanner and take the car for a drive and watch the speed sensors, I bet you have one dropping out while driving.
Old Jan 24, 2017, 05:48 PM

Sorry to bring and old thread back up but Im having this same issue ABS ASC off lights with the AWC service required with these 3 lights scanned and got nothing

really hope it's just a speed sensor or 1 abs giving me trouble and nothing serious
Old May 11, 2017, 08:58 AM

My driver side Abs sensor is ****ing burnt toast. Light came on and had a look at the bearing as well. The bearing is toast too. hahaha!

Tried taking the sensor out but its completely corroded in there. Its going to suck drilling this thing out.

What type of lube should be used? I'm assuming anti-seez shizz but just wondering.

With buying used ABS sensors online, does it matter if the sensor is from the passenger side or driver side?
Old May 11, 2017, 01:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Unfortunately only the OEM sensors are going to be what you'll want to buy. So far from what I've heard from others is that the aftermarket ones are hit or miss and only last a month or so depending on your luck before the codes come back
Old May 11, 2017, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by Raikiri
Unfortunately only the OEM sensors are going to be what you'll want to buy. So far from what I've heard from others is that the aftermarket ones are hit or miss and only last a month or so depending on your luck before the codes come back
That's what I was thinking. Just cheap shizz that won't last or bunted product from the beginning. I bought a use oem for under 100 bucks. Hopefully it will work 😂 thanks for reply. Peace
Old Jun 1, 2017, 02:43 PM

Ironically, I just had a right rear sensor go on me. I was short on cash, so I purchased one from advance auto parts online. With the discounts, it was $170 and since I was short on cash I did not go oem. Much to my surprise, when I received it, it was a factory part! Right down to the manufacturer markings and coding... Installed it, and all is right again!
Old Jun 1, 2017, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by SPSERG
Ironically, I just had a right rear sensor go on me. I was short on cash, so I purchased one from advance auto parts online. With the discounts, it was $170 and since I was short on cash I did not go oem. Much to my surprise, when I received it, it was a factory part! Right down to the manufacturer markings and coding... Installed it, and all is right again!
Damn, you got lucky with that. I took a chance with an used OEM on Fleabay and lucked out too
I'm looking at Advanced Auto Parts https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...erm=abs+sensor and it looks legit. I'll use this in the future.

Did you have to drill out your sensor? I had a ***** getting mine out.

Keep me posted on the sensor for future reference
Old Jun 1, 2017, 04:26 PM

Agreed, lucky score! It actually came right out. I garage the car in the winter, so it hasn't been ravished by the salt in the area. Looks like it could be a serious pain if you have to drill it though... Patience patience patience
Old Jun 3, 2017, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by SPSERG
Agreed, lucky score! It actually came right out. I garage the car in the winter, so it hasn't been ravished by the salt in the area. Looks like it could be a serious pain if you have to drill it though... Patience patience patience
Damn, you put the car away for winter. We drive the car year round and it gets super dirty but this time I put some grease in there to help a bit but these sensors at this autoparts store look G.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 06:01 AM

My case it wasnt the sensor (bought a new one of ebay for like 25usd) stayed the same so dug a lil deeper and replaced the wheel bearing prob went away.

it has the ebay sensor on it and still working great!