Notices
Evo X Engine Management / Tuning Forums Discuss the major engine management systems.

ABS and ASC Light on after using ETACSDECODER

Search this Thread

Old Aug 4, 2017, 11:53 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
ABS and ASC Light on after using ETACSDECODER

Hi All,
The ABS and "ASC Off" light are on on my 2008 Evo X. Everything was good until I used the ETACS Decoder to turn off the TPMS light. As soon as I flashed the car to turn the TPMS off, the ABS and "ASC Off" lights came. I scanned and got the codes below.

U1417 - Implausible Coding data.
U0114 - AWD Can Timeout.

The U0114 code can be cleared, but comes back after starting the car. The U1417 cannot be cleared at all with my Scan Tool, EvoScan or ETACS Decoder.

One thing I noticed is that if I start the car when the car is rolling ( down a slope or so ), the ABS and ASC lights turn off like they should. Also while driving if I flip the ignition switch ON and OFF quickly, the ABS and ASC turn off. Also tried jacking up the car and slowly rotating one of the tires when someone started the car, and the ABS/ASC lights go on and off perfectly.

Just visited the dealer, they did a scan and gave me the same info. they however cannot proceed unless I replace my intake with a stock intake.

Much appreciate any help. Will also compensate for your time if needed.
Old Sep 1, 2017, 03:07 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you try to unplug the battery for a few seconds? That cleared the ABS and SRS service required on my Lancer after using ETACS Decoder once and had an error pop when writing. That did the trick
Old Oct 19, 2017, 02:54 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Error in coding.
Restore the last successful Manager of coding in etacsdecoder

Or restore from a file if you do save ".kon"

Throw off your file I will look at it.
Old Dec 20, 2017, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by overdrive1
Hi All,
The ABS and "ASC Off" light are on on my 2008 Evo X. Everything was good until I used the ETACS Decoder to turn off the TPMS light. As soon as I flashed the car to turn the TPMS off, the ABS and "ASC Off" lights came. I scanned and got the codes below.

U1417 - Implausible Coding data.
U0114 - AWD Can Timeout.

The U0114 code can be cleared, but comes back after starting the car. The U1417 cannot be cleared at all with my Scan Tool, EvoScan or ETACS Decoder.

One thing I noticed is that if I start the car when the car is rolling ( down a slope or so ), the ABS and ASC lights turn off like they should. Also while driving if I flip the ignition switch ON and OFF quickly, the ABS and ASC turn off. Also tried jacking up the car and slowly rotating one of the tires when someone started the car, and the ABS/ASC lights go on and off perfectly.

Just visited the dealer, they did a scan and gave me the same info. they however cannot proceed unless I replace my intake with a stock intake.

Much appreciate any help. Will also compensate for your time if needed.

Hi buddy, i have the eaxct same issue as u on my car!!!! Did u manage to sort it out? If so, please share how u did? Thanks heaps!