Notices
Evo X Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine builds to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another ASC Service Required Thread - (not 30PSI issue)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2017, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Another ASC Service Required Thread - (not 30PSI issue)

So as the title says, since I got my TMP Cams and Exedy Twin installed I've been getting an intermittent ASC Service required light that will come on and stay on until I've turned the car off. Using my little OBD II Scanner and Torque I've scanned it and nothing comes up.

I checked with my tuner and he says the over 30psi code is turned off, and also i've been getting this light to come on when only boosting to 27-28 according to logs and my aem gauge.

It only happens under full throttle and not every time either. I've checked the fluid level in the trunk for the ACD/AYC Pump and it is exactly as the max when it sits overnight, so that is fine. Any ideas what the intermittent ASC Service Required light could be other than the over 30psi warning, as I'm not boosting over 30? This is driving me nuts!!
Old Mar 13, 2017, 01:20 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,543 Likes on 1,322 Posts
You likely need a full on scan tool to pull the code from one of the other systems. And it will likely be a pending code. Impossible to really to say what it could be without knowing the code.
The following users liked this post:
ddlopresti (Mar 15, 2017)
Old Mar 13, 2017, 01:39 PM
Evolving Member

yea, I'll let you guys know. I had it scanned using a snap on type tool before and nothing came up but i'm going to try and get it scanned today with the light still on.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 02:15 PM
EvoM Guru

ASC codes may need to be pulled from the ABS module, not the ECU. You have to access each module individually to pull the codes. If its one of the higher end snap-on's, it should have an option to run a code check on all the modules.
Old Mar 13, 2017, 02:17 PM
Evolving Member

ok, great. Thanks for the info.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 06:38 AM
Evolving Member

So the scan revealed a C2204 code. It was the only active code for the diff/awd system. I found the attached and based on the fact that only the asc service and squiggly lines are illuminated it looks like a Voltage output error in the yaw/G sensor module. Can this be fixed or do I need a new sensor and if I need a new one do I need to go to a dealership to have it calibrated?

Old Mar 14, 2017, 08:39 AM
EvoM Guru

From some quick googling, the sensor is in the center console between the two front seats.

I'm not sure if there is a way to DIY test it, or if the car needs to go to the dealer.
Old Mar 14, 2017, 08:31 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
From some quick googling, the sensor is in the center console between the two front seats.

I'm not sure if there is a way to DIY test it, or if the car needs to go to the dealer.
I found a used sensor for my model year and I'm going to try to just plug it in after killing the battery. Does it link to the ECU or vin? Or do you think I might just work out of the box?
Old Mar 15, 2017, 09:55 AM
EvoM Guru

I'm not sure how any of that works. I know certain sensors need calibrated, like the steering angle sensor on the column. Not sure about that one. It should not be VIN linked though.
Old Mar 15, 2017, 10:35 AM
Evolving Member

cool, thanks for all of your feedback. Much appreciated!
Old Mar 21, 2017, 10:14 AM
Evolving Member

anyone ever calibrate a g/yaw sensor with one of the top line snap on tools? I see the option to calibrate it, but it has many different options within the g sensor calibration menu, should i calibrate them all?
Old Mar 21, 2017, 12:30 PM
EvoM Guru

Post a picture of the screen. Is it several options for one sensor, or are they all to calibrate a different sensor?
Old Mar 22, 2017, 07:33 PM
Evolving Member

Post a picture of the screen. Is it several options for one sensor, or are they all to calibrate a different sensor?
OK.... I cant seem to find where the sensor is located. I took apart the center console around the e brake and also the front center from the stereo down to the area behind the cig lighter. Anyone know where exactly is it located? I have a 2013 Evo x. My ****ty dealership couldn't even find it. If u have pics that would be amazing, I have a week long track trip in a week and a half and I need to figure this out ASAP any help would be majorly appreciated!
Old Mar 23, 2017, 12:03 AM
EvoM Guru

According to this thread, it should be under the center console. Under the portion over the brake handle.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-sensors.html
Old Mar 23, 2017, 06:10 AM
Evolving Member

According to this thread, it should be under the center console. Under the portion over the brake handle.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...g-sensors.html
Yes, I saw that thread and that's why I started looking there but I couldn't find it. There is a small sensor there, but it doesn't match the part number of the g sensor that comes up and looks very different.

Last edited by ddlopresti; Mar 23, 2017 at 08:29 AM.

Quick Reply: Another ASC Service Required Thread - (not 30PSI issue)