Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Buying used Ralliart - Unsure about the TC-SST clutch wear?

Search this Thread

Old Aug 18, 2019, 06:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Buying used Ralliart - Unsure about the TC-SST clutch wear?

Hi dear Ralliart/Evo-Fans,
I'm a fan of evos since my childhood and the Evo X and Evo 9 are my favourite dream cars. Because Evo 9's are really expensive here in my country, but at the same time I also want a little bit of Evo X feeling, I decieded to go the Ralliart way, until Evo 9's are in financial reach for me!

Ralliarts are very very rare and expensive here, but I finally found a good offer after months of waiting. There is a 2009 Ralliart (Apex Silver) for around 12.000€ (subwoofer and HDD-system included) with 95.600km in sale from a official Mitsubishi dealership (1yr warranty, but not on wear parts). Its quite far away, but I'm back from the test drive and there is one big concern: The TC-SST!

The Ralliart was driven by a pensioner and the underbody is in a perfect condition. It seems the Ralliart was never abused in any way and thats very rare to find. Anyway, the Ralliart was driven only in Normal mode and thats the only big "dealbreaker" for me. It shifts fine and quick, but I didn't had a chance to test it on a hill or something like that, so I'm not really sure about the current clutch wear. There was never any clutch replacement or upgrade and the previous owner strictly relied on the Mitsubishi transmission oil recommendation. So in this situation, there was only ONE transmission oil change... Thats not good...

Would you take the risk or any idea, how to proceed?

Thanks for reading my long text and I'm looking forward for your opinions!^^