Notices
09+ Lancer Ralliart General Discuss any generalized technical factory turbocharged Ralliart related topics that may not fit into the other forums.

Charging system service required

Search this Thread

Old Oct 12, 2018, 12:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Charging system service required

Last Christmas I put after market taillights on my 2011 Ralliart. About 3 weeks ago my car gets stuck in park and I had to get it towed to the local dealer. The taillights drew too much power and broke a little piece under the break that triggers the brake lights and releases the gear shift. The replaced the piece under the brake but said they kept blowing 15A fuses for the taillights. I put a 20A fuse in myself and it was working fine for about 2 weeks. About a week ago I also got the 4wd pump fixed it had been out for a while. Today I was driving back to my apartment and the Charging System Service Required light came on and I lost my power steering and barely got it back. Could this be related to the 20A fuse? Is this a common problem? Easy fix or do I need to have it towed to the dealer?
Old Oct 22, 2018, 09:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AveryF
Today I was driving back to my apartment and the Charging System Service Required light came on and I lost my power steering and barely got it back.
The last time I lost power steering and got the Charging System Service Required message, it was because my serpentine belt had snapped... it made a decent bang and scared me to death but I was very happy it was just the belt and auto-tensioner.