Notices

Convert Ralliart to EvoX *Ultimate List*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 23, 2009, 07:44 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Since you're in Edmonton, the highest octane gas you'll be able to get is 94 from Husky. If you want higher, you'll have to run water/meth injection. Getting into the 12s won't be easy because of the altitude issue, you'll need a bigger turbo than the Evo X turbo.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:00 PM
Account Disabled

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
you can run 12's in edmonton on the x turbo.
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:01 PM

where did you get the pricing for these parts?? ive been trying to find a stock X manifold, maybe i havent been looking hard enough
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RotorGlow
I just love this comment. Who made the rule that just because you own a "rally inspired" car, you have to use it as such. I would really like to know how many people take their car out to the rally circuit every week or month to go rally racing. I would bet all my possessions that it would be less then 1% of all vehicles sold. Who would want to risk destroying their car because someone told them they HAVE to go rally racing with it.

Another thing I would really like to know is, how many people with V8's actually use their vehicle for drag racing at the local strip every week? I would also bet that those percentages are also around the 1% mark as well.

There is a reason that most drag strips out there have an "Import Night", there is a HUGE demand for imports at the 1/4 or 1/8 mile. There are Tuners and there are Muscles cars. As the saying goes, "different strokes for different folks."

The reasons I bought this "rally inspired" car are:
1) I only believe in 4x4 or AWD in this snowy canadian climate
2) I wanted a car that was turbocharged
3) I need a car that I can transport my dog, wife, baby and cargo in
4) My wife wanted a hatchback
5) I liked the looks of it
6) Better gas mileage then those "V8" cars you speak of

I could rant on and on about that comment, but I need to go make a drink now. So before you say something so ignorant, just take a step back and dont speak. Unless of course it is constructive or posative. Until then, have a nice day.
Amen
Old Aug 23, 2009, 08:43 PM
Evolving Member

505RA: I found the pricing for all those parts on autocenter.net I'm assuming they have everything in stock. If not they can probably get it pretty quick.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by secondchace
you can run 12's in edmonton on the x turbo.
How? The altitude is going to limit the amount of power you can make.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:23 AM

^ I don't see why not, here in FL you can run 12s on the stock RA turbo (fully bolted + tune), don't see why with the bigger turbo you can't run 12s with a 2200ft disadvantage
Old Aug 24, 2009, 07:26 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by LancerES09
I just dont get that ppl are trying to make import cars, especially a rally inspired car to a drag strip. Shouldnt that be left to the V8's? And yes, thats cool that you paid for all that stuff yourself, I paid for all mine on my X swap as well. Body parts, front fenders will fit but will need the stock X front bumper to fit. Fenders new run $400+ painted from OEMmitsubishiparts.com and bumper is $600+ painted. It's hard to find any of these parts off a wrecked car, seeing how there stripped at the junk yards.
Is there something wrong with your head? Are you feeling okay? I can't believe there are people out here saying crap like this. Especially since you're trying to convert your car into something it's not. An Evo X. I can see all of the performance parts but the body panels? Here you are bashing someone for not rallying their car because it's rally inspired. You're essentially saying that they're trying it make their car something that it's not yet you're in effect doing the same thing.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 08:43 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ambystom01
How? The altitude is going to limit the amount of power you can make.
the altitude in edmonton isnt that bad in relation to other places (calgary)

If srt-4s can run 12.9 in edmonton on the stock td04 turbo, the x should and will have no problems doing so either.

A friend with just a turbo back is running 13.4
Old Aug 24, 2009, 08:49 AM
Evolved Member

Getting to a healthy 12.X (ie. not a 12.99) will be pretty hard though. Remember, you're seriously limited in how much torque you can run. AMS commented on this with their FP Red setup. If you're talking about a friend in an Evo running a 13.4, that's not that surprising since they can launch the car.
Old Aug 24, 2009, 09:55 AM
Account Disabled

Originally Posted by ambystom01
Getting to a healthy 12.X (ie. not a 12.99) will be pretty hard though. Remember, you're seriously limited in how much torque you can run. AMS commented on this with their FP Red setup. If you're talking about a friend in an Evo running a 13.4, that's not that surprising since they can launch the car.

i thought you were making the comment that the x turbo doesnt have enough power to get there in general. If your talking about our application then yes i understand where you are coming from.

n2mb needs to come out with a wotbox for us that bypasses our silly tranny issues. that would be the day
Old Aug 24, 2009, 10:57 AM
Evolved Member

No I was talking about this specific application. On an Evo, it's enough because they can launch the hell out of the car and just continue to bump up the power if it doesn't get there.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:07 PM

How much HP/TQ can you put in this car before you have to upgrade the tranny ?
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:18 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by PR3DAT0R
How much HP/TQ can you put in this car before you have to upgrade the tranny ?
safely about 300 WHP
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:22 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by IdriveRA
werd...good job kid! lol
but yeah I see you got that MIC, you gunna take it to the track soon? I may be putting one on here in the near future
yea i just ordered UR intake as well
gonna go get a retune this time with a boost pill also
hoping to run low 13's in mid September. After this retune no more mods untill late spring because i have to pay for my books and classes

Quick Reply: Convert Ralliart to EvoX *Ultimate List*