Convert Ralliart to EvoX *Ultimate List*

Search this Thread

Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:26 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Menendez
yea i just ordered UR intake as well
gonna go get a retune this time with a boost pill also
hoping to run low 13's in mid September. After this retune no more mods untill late spring because i have to pay for my books and classes
good luck bro...haha
man were are gunna have the same exact mods lol.
cept for the intake.
Old Aug 25, 2009, 07:37 PM
Evolving Member

i dont think the tranny is limited by hp, just by tq
Old Aug 25, 2009, 08:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts
Well unless you plan on restricting low-end power in the name of the almighty HP figure, you're going to be limited. You could turn your powerband into that of a Honda (high HP up top) but it probably wouldn't be a whole lot of fun.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:52 AM
Evolving Member

when i got 274 hp and 330 tq it showed tranny slipping, i got the dyno sheet also.

Also secondchance your just starting to do things to your RA and lots of us have been messing with our RA for a while, with trial and error. If you search the thread you can find graphs of the dyno by TTP AND AMS showing the tranny slipping under TQ. Thats why i stated that our cars are limited by tq. So far the ony way around it is to stick a bigger turbo to get the HP up and try to keep the TQ down. And before you talk nonsense about TTP and the dynos go do some research, they are a proven company with lots of evo satisfied customers getting get HP and great times on the 1/4 mile. Think before you type because you are just making yourself sound stupid.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 06:27 AM

you're not going to see much a change in the hp/tq curve unless you swap to both a bigger turbo and different cams.

yes, please, keep the dyno/hp war out of all new threads
Old Aug 26, 2009, 12:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by JCGator42
you're not going to see much a change in the hp/tq curve unless you swap to both a bigger turbo and different cams.
The RA shares the same cams as the EVO X, so you should be able to mimic whatever curve an X can get just by upgrading the turbo. Once you go to a twin-scroll exhaust manifold, the rest of your upgrade path would probably mirror the X's upgrade path (fuel pump, rail and injectors; cams; FP/Garrett turbo; etc.).
Old Aug 26, 2009, 01:05 PM

Originally Posted by Ladogaboy
The RA shares the same cams as the EVO X, so you should be able to mimic whatever curve an X can get just by upgrading the turbo. Once you go to a twin-scroll exhaust manifold, the rest of your upgrade path would probably mirror the X's upgrade path (fuel pump, rail and injectors; cams; FP/Garrett turbo; etc.).
even with the X turbo you are still making a ton of tq, diff cams will help dial down a bit. Do you know for a fact that the X and RA share the same cams? i swear I read in the brochure that all internals are the same except the cams.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:33 PM
Evolved Member

even with the X turbo you are still making a ton of tq, diff cams will help dial down a bit. Do you know for a fact that the X and RA share the same cams? i swear I read in the brochure that all internals are the same except the cams.
cams are the same. Its been documented already. not even gonna look for it
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:39 PM
Evolved Member

Yeah, a lot of the marketing material turned out to be inaccurate. As far as dialing down the torque, our resident tuners could speak to this better than I. As far as I know, they can dial the torque down just by tuning, no need to change the cams. IMO, the only real reason to upgrade the cams is if you are looking to make BIG power... way more than our TC-SSTs could handle.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 02:58 PM
Evolving Member

^ yep
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by TheDriver11421
cams are the same. Its been documented already. not even gonna look for it
don't worry, I was just confirming.

I never heard of tuning to reduce tq, but maybe I need to be enlightened.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 03:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 75 Likes on 68 Posts

It's exactly what it sounds like, you play with the timing and AF to keep torque down.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 04:00 PM
Evolved Member

If you're asking the how: Maybe some of the tuners can comment on that.

If you're asking the why: The TC-SST on the Ralliart and MR only hold between 330-350 lb/ft of torque reliably. For anything more than that, you will need to upgrade the clutch plates. So, if you bolt on a large turbo capable of pushing 350+ lb/ft of torque, you'll want to tune it so that the torque values are lower.
Old Aug 26, 2009, 05:54 PM

^ i know the why, but the how doesn't make a lot of sense to me. Optimizing the a/f fixture to be at an optimal point for driveability/useability thus increases power and tq at each point (given the same timing map).

Maybe reducing timing and tuning the A/Fs there will lower tq, but hp as well. As an engineer I would love to hear the explanation, that is all.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 05:38 PM

Hey guys. Do any of you have photos of the engine bay after your conversion that you can post? Did you have to change your air intake setup?

Quick Reply: Convert Ralliart to EvoX *Ultimate List*