Notices

2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31, 2012, 10:24 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Maybe I haven't explained myself correctly as I've been looking at cisco router configs all day and they get boring .

I got the turbosmart dual port, If I connect the trumpet to it and have the spring set to the hardest setting and have the boost fully VTA will this cause a problem for anything or is it just wasting petrol
Old Oct 31, 2012, 11:46 PM
Evolved Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Okay, for aftermarket BOVs, I'm not even going to hazard a guess.

Technically, these Base Maps are designed as a starting point for tuning... so get cracking, mate.

Review wideband afr, fuel trims, boost levels, etc. Then customise your personal tune to taste... to suit whatever aftermarket stuff you may have.

Rich
Old Nov 1, 2012, 03:27 AM

Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but isn't VTA bad for the 4b11? Sure i read that air MUST be recirculated.

My other question would be 'why?'
Old Nov 1, 2012, 04:11 AM
Evolving Member

Why? For the awesome sound so everyone in ur street know u have a turbo'd car.
the only problem u'll lose boost, the benefits of SST is holding boost when shifting. Plus i think VTA will cause ur car to run more rich. Really not recommended. As to 100% VTA, don't think anyone has tried, most go 50/50 ,70/30 so can't really tell if anything bad will happen... maybe u can try and let us know
Old Nov 1, 2012, 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
VTA isn't even noticeable unless you let off during shifts or while in boost at any given time, the SST is so fast, there's really not much use otherwise
Old Nov 2, 2012, 06:35 PM

I am getting the P050B Code almost daily now, since the weather is about -7 every day now. Is there any progress on this? Ill start getting some logs to you guys.
Old Nov 2, 2012, 09:22 PM
Evolved Member

Yep, a startup log or two would be good!

Rich
Old Nov 3, 2012, 01:49 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Nega
I am getting the P050B Code almost daily now, since the weather is about -7 every day now. Is there any progress on this? Ill start getting some logs to you guys.
I guess I'm joining this club also, since I just got the P0508 today like you guys did but for me it's the first time ever. I've had the car since 2009 and have never thrown a single CEL, but I just got a new 175 cell HFC and flashed from the GST Stock Exhaust basemap to the GST TBE basemap at the same time I installed this HFC. Sooo, it looks like we can probably narrow it down to either the addition of the HFC or the actual GST TBE tune, since I NEVER ONCE IN 3 YEARS got a single CEL with the OEM Cat and the GST Stock Exhaust Basemap. Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent to Rich(richardjh) today in a private message explaining what I observed:
"Hi Rich, I've only had the GST TBE tune on for a few days and I've already gotten my first CEL that I've EVER had with my Ralliart(and I've had it since 2009), and it's the dreaded P050B that I think I've read some other people are getting with the GST basemap. Now, if it's any help to you in figuring out why this is happening, I never had a CEL in all the time that I ran the GST OEM Exhaust Basemap, but it's only happened now after I installed the new HFC I just bought and flashed over to the GST TBE basemap. So, it looks like it must have something to do with specifically the GST TBE basemap or the HFC or possibly both....."

Last edited by Slee256; Nov 3, 2012 at 02:00 PM.
Old Nov 3, 2012, 04:40 PM

Originally Posted by Slee256
I guess I'm joining this club also, since I just got the P0508 today like you guys did but for me it's the first time ever. I've had the car since 2009 and have never thrown a single CEL, but I just got a new 175 cell HFC and flashed from the GST Stock Exhaust basemap to the GST TBE basemap at the same time I installed this HFC. Sooo, it looks like we can probably narrow it down to either the addition of the HFC or the actual GST TBE tune, since I NEVER ONCE IN 3 YEARS got a single CEL with the OEM Cat and the GST Stock Exhaust Basemap. Here's a copy of the e-mail I sent to Rich(richardjh) today in a private message explaining what I observed:
"Hi Rich, I've only had the GST TBE tune on for a few days and I've already gotten my first CEL that I've EVER had with my Ralliart(and I've had it since 2009), and it's the dreaded P050B that I think I've read some other people are getting with the GST basemap. Now, if it's any help to you in figuring out why this is happening, I never had a CEL in all the time that I ran the GST OEM Exhaust Basemap, but it's only happened now after I installed the new HFC I just bought and flashed over to the GST TBE basemap. So, it looks like it must have something to do with specifically the GST TBE basemap or the HFC or possibly both....."
In addition to your HFC and flashing to the TBE map did you also add an aftermarket catback or keep the OEM one?
Old Nov 3, 2012, 06:31 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mcknight
In addition to your HFC and flashing to the TBE map did you also add an aftermarket catback or keep the OEM one?
Check my "signature".
Old Nov 3, 2012, 07:50 PM

Talking

Originally Posted by Slee256
Check my "signature".
Heyoooo would probably help if I stopped laying off this botttle of rum
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:22 AM

Its been long over due but I think its time for me to say
"THANK YOU razorlab and all that helped with these flashes"
Old Nov 4, 2012, 03:00 PM
Evolved Member

Regarding the cold-start P050B DTC, I'd really love a log of a cold start that has this DTC pop up. I just want to see the RPM, Load, TimingAdv over time on startup. That would be a useful thing to have when investigating the issue.

Rich
Old Nov 4, 2012, 08:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Is there a way to log MIL indicator condition (on/off)? I know it shows up on your basic OBDII reader, but do you know the specific address to log it? that would give an EXACT time on when it occurs, otherwise you're stuck waiting in the car until it pops and then you have to blip the throttle soon enough (or some other recognizable indicator) for it to be relevant... Or maybe I'm just overthinking the whole thing?
Old Nov 4, 2012, 09:43 PM
Evolved Member

I can find the bitflag for CEL on/off, yeah... thanks to Tephra's XMOD patch that uses it as the knock detection light.

Rich

Quick Reply: 2009 Lancer Ralliart - GST Basemap