Notices

GST base tune questions

Search this Thread

Old Aug 19, 2010, 12:52 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
GST base tune questions

I have on order the pill and cable. I wanted to know if I could use a drop-in filter without affecting A/F ratios. Also, It sounds to me like the only way to monitor your A/F is with a wide band O2 sensor. Is there an extra bung in the exhaust somewhere or are people adding to the OE pipes? After adding a O2 sensor capable of reading the wide band, does the Mitsu ECU display the A/F ratios or do I need a stand alone gauge to monitor? Sorry, I'm still learning and qould use some clarification. Thanks EVOM!!
Old Aug 19, 2010, 01:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Usually a stand alone unit, log with your laptop, or...

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ut-serial.html

Yes you need to add a bung, or go in place of the rear O2, or aftermarket stuff can be bought with an extra bung.

Last edited by Piper747; Aug 19, 2010 at 01:48 PM.
Old Aug 23, 2010, 08:05 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When you order a Wideband o2 sensor, they usually come with the bung. Get that bung welded on to your downpipe, near your front o2 sensor. You'll need to run a laptop or logger unit to monitor the AFR, but the sensors usually come with a display unit you can just watch it to make sure that it doesn't go outside of an acceptable value. Otherwise, follow the directions in the link piper posted.

With the tactrix, you'll be able to use Evoscan, and monitor your engine, but you'll still need to get the wideband o2 sensor, and I would also recommend a boost gauge.

As far as the drop in filters, you'll be fine to use one. They dont affect AFR's too much, and our cars are tuned a little rich anyway. Hope that helps.