Notices

Project Tarmac Black

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:43 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Project Tarmac Black

Project Tarmac Black

Edit: I am editing this first post to Conclude my build for this year.

First off, I want to thank Strictly Modified for helping me throughout modding my car. They are a excellent shop and I would recommend them to anyone. Most people would have been very frustrated after asking them 3,000 nub questions. Strictly Modified answered everyone of them professionally. Thanks, you were a big help!

Thanks Devin @ Boomba Racing for tuning my car into a BEAST!

I also want to thank Bryan @ GST for his help and incredible work done for the RA community!

Originally, This Years Goal: 260whp / 280+wtq

Mods:

AMS Catback
AMS Testpipe
AMS Intake
AMS Boost Pill
UR Uicp
UR Licp
EvoX Stock Fmic
EvoX Stock Bov

I was not able to get a Stock Baseline on Boomba's Mustang Dyno. All parts were installed by a friend and I. I didn't want to just buy a modded car, I personally wanted to create one.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fR6Jq1JWpoU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uHnjZOjPGw

Last edited by >Cataclysm<; Sep 28, 2010 at 11:50 PM.
Old Aug 31, 2010, 12:47 PM
Evolving Member

Evo X Metal Diverter Install

Evo X Metal Diverter Installed! Very easy install. Took about 3 minutes.

Old Aug 31, 2010, 01:22 PM
Evolved Member

Received 33 Likes on 32 Posts
Impact on performance?
Old Aug 31, 2010, 02:59 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Veronica
Impact on performance?
The car has a lot more kick with GST V2 basemap. I actually get somewhat pinned to my seat till about 5k rpms.

The continentals are way better than the stock advans. Especially when cornering and stopping.

Once I have all parts in hand for this years build I will install everything and head up to a local tuner for a custom tune. I will be sure to post a baseline so we can see my gain from this years mods.

Last edited by >Cataclysm<; Aug 31, 2010 at 09:42 PM.
Old Sep 1, 2010, 11:07 AM
Evolving Member

UR Uicp and Licp

Sup Guys,

I got some more goodies in the mail today! I decided to go with UR for my IC piping. My reasoning was mainly price. I will hopefully have the X FMIC and UR pipes installed within the next week or so.

I received the lower piping with blue couplers I am sure it was my fault because I probably did not specify before ordering like I did with the upper piping.

Oh well
Old Sep 2, 2010, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
looks like you'll be having a lot of fun real soon... i actually was up at boomba today and heard there was a black ralliart there yesterday with an x turbo that put down 320hp on their mustang, thought it might have been you since you were considering going over there... now to figure out who it actually was. hmmm..

edit: ok, chuysralliart was the one. big things going on in the midwest chicagoland area ralliart scene!

Last edited by 03chi-town0Z; Sep 2, 2010 at 07:47 PM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 11:32 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by 03chi-town0Z
looks like you'll be having a lot of fun real soon... i actually was up at boomba today and heard there was a black ralliart there yesterday with an x turbo that put down 320hp on their mustang, thought it might have been you since you were considering going over there... now to figure out who it actually was. hmmm..

edit: ok, chuysralliart was the one. big things going on in the midwest chicagoland area ralliart scene!
Haha, I wish that was me. A bigger turbo is not happening till next year

MCRA's FTW!
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:16 AM
Evolving Member

EVO X FMIC and UR PIPES

So I had the time this morning to install the Evo X FMIC and UR pipes. The LICP was a PITA! Fitment was pretty much perfect. But I did run into some issues....

X vs RA ( Size Matters)

Bumper off ( fenders are scary)

I have some more pics to upload.

While installing I ran into some fitment issues. A definite nub first time kinda issues. Before putting the bumper back on I made sure all that was taken apart was back on piping couplers were on and tightened and everything seemed lined up. Ya, they weren't. The Radiator shroud (cover?) wouldn't fit over the UICP. After I fixed that the intake snorkel needed a good 1/4 in shove towards the cockpit to place back push pins. Fixed it.

My main concern is that I did some logs and evoscan was reading IAT @ 188F (Stock Intake) and MAT @ 75F. Ambient Air was 66F. Were talking Crazy Temps here! They should almost be flipped but even 188F MAT is too high? I don't think IAT could be 188F when Ambient Air temp is 66F, even if I took the snorkel off sucking in engine bay heat? Major Boost Leak?

I'm either logging the wrong Addresses/functions or I am going crazy.
Somethings wrong here, help me prove I am not going crazy! Any input or help would definitely help and certainly be appreciated. Any info you need from me just ask!

Mods =
AMS Catback
GST V2 Base map + boost pill
Evo X Metal dv
and now evo X FMIC and UR pipes.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 10:30 AM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by >Cataclysm<
So I had the time this morning to install the Evo X FMIC and UR pipes. The LICP was a PITA! Fitment was pretty much perfect. But I did run into some issues....

X vs RA ( Size Matters)

Bumper off ( fenders are scary)

I have some more pics to upload.

While installing I ran into some fitment issues. A definite nub first time kinda issues. Before putting the bumper back on I made sure all that was taken apart was back on piping couplers were on and tightened and everything seemed lined up. Ya, they weren't. The Radiator shroud (cover?) wouldn't fit over the UICP. After I fixed that the intake snorkel needed a good 1/4 in shove towards the cockpit to place back push pins. Fixed it.

My main concern is that I did some logs and evoscan was reading IAT @ 188F (Stock Intake) and MAT @ 75F. Ambient Air was 66F. Were talking Crazy Temps here! They should almost be flipped but even 188F MAT is too high? I don't think IAT could be 188F when Ambient Air temp is 66F, even if I took the snorkel off sucking in engine bay heat? Major Boost Leak?

I'm either logging the wrong Addresses/functions or I am going crazy.
Somethings wrong here, help me prove I am not going crazy! Any input or help would definitely help and certainly be appreciated. Any info you need from me just ask!

Mods =
AMS Catback
GST V2 Base map + boost pill
Evo X Metal dv
and now evo X FMIC and UR pipes.
188F Intake Air Temp might indicate you're sucking in engine bay air. Double check your airbox and snorkel are properly seated. 75F Manifold Air Temp indicates the EvoX FMIC is doing a good job at cooling off the air before it gets to the engine...
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:17 PM
Account Disabled

MAT seems right if the car is moving. You'll see that it heatsoaks pretty quickly just idling but will drop quickly once in motion.

IAT is obviously incorrect. Probably have wrong address in evoscan.

- bryan
Old Sep 3, 2010, 12:34 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
So what would it take to get the correct addresses? Where do we send the donation??? I've been trying to log air temps for ever and have asked questions in various threads and have been led just far enough to smell the right address, but in the end it is all in vain. This is not necessarily directed to Bryan, but a revised version of evoscan is painfully slow.

Never mind my ranting.....just frustrated
Old Sep 3, 2010, 03:12 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by Piper747
So what would it take to get the correct addresses? Where do we send the donation??? I've been trying to log air temps for ever and have asked questions in various threads and have been led just far enough to smell the right address, but in the end it is all in vain. This is not necessarily directed to Bryan, but a revised version of evoscan is painfully slow.

Never mind my ranting.....just frustrated
I feel your fustration. I have not found any info on my rom id. Mine is 53600010 stock. after I flashed to the gst map it switched to 5360009. I found a xml for a 2010 done by gst but not sure if that applies to my ecu. I have spent about a month researching and messaging anyone who would know and I have either not received a response or found no info. I am still lost but have learned a lot. I am hoping strictly modified can help me out when i get tuned. My tactrix cable along with evoscan has basically been a waste of money since I can't even log correct data. I am not giving up though.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 04:10 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by nunyas
188F Intake Air Temp might indicate you're sucking in engine bay air. Double check your airbox and snorkel are properly seated. 75F Manifold Air Temp indicates the EvoX FMIC is doing a good job at cooling off the air before it gets to the engine...
Thanks for your input! I am thinking the same thing but I will rip out the stock intake once i get the ams intake. I checked and the snorkel is lined up correctly. The box is seated right. I could have a leak past that like the turbo inlet hose or something around there. Or I could just be logging the wrong data. I wont know till wenesday but i will keep you guys posted.

Thanks a lot for everyones input.
Old Sep 3, 2010, 04:20 PM
Account Disabled

I feel your fustration. I have not found any info on my rom id. Mine is 53600010 stock. after I flashed to the gst map it switched to 5360009. I found a xml for a 2010 done by gst but not sure if that applies to my ecu. I have spent about a month researching and messaging anyone who would know and I have either not received a response or found no info. I am still lost but have learned a lot. I am hoping strictly modified can help me out when i get tuned. My tactrix cable along with evoscan has basically been a waste of money since I can't even log correct data. I am not giving up though.
How about you guys start a new thread and break it down something like this:

Year, market, ROM ID

What is logging correct with request address
What is logging incorrectly with request address
What you do not have address's for that you would like to be able to log

We can start from there and work towards creating a correct base XML for each year / market / ROM ID

2010 I pretty much have 100% so I can for sure help there. 2009 I'll have to look up what I have.

- Bryan
Old Sep 3, 2010, 04:57 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by GST Motorsports
How about you guys start a new thread and break it down something like this:

Year, market, ROM ID

What is logging correct with request address
What is logging incorrectly with request address
What you do not have address's for that you would like to be able to log

We can start from there and work towards creating a correct base XML for each year / market / ROM ID

2010 I pretty much have 100% so I can for sure help there. 2009 I'll have to look up what I have.

- Bryan
Thanks! You always seem to come through! I didn't know were to start and I have just been reading every thread possible so I didn't have to ask. I want to actually learn this. I am fluent in c++, so hex and binary is cake but I don't know were to start with logging addresses or the mut tables.

When I get home from work I can start a thread unless some one else starts one before i get home.
Thanks again and didn't mean to offend you or anyone else.

Quick Reply: Project Tarmac Black