Notices

My tuning Horror story

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2010, 08:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would have to disagree. He paid for a service that he ended up not receiving. He was paying for a tune which includes dyno time to verify that it was done properly. It is a package and should not be separated. The Shop should reumbursed for the tune and pay for the damage caused to the car. When you take your car to a respectable shop you expect them to know how to handle the car.

I once had an issue where the tuner was having trouble tuning my VIII properly and after a couple of runs on the dyno and some frustation, he finally realized it was a leaking BOV. Since he didn't have one in stock he told me to get one and come back for a new dyno run free of charge since he made a mistake by not noticing the leaking BOV at the beginning of the tune session.

Originally Posted by Magnus82
I don't think that your RA being the first one he's tuned is really a legitimate excuse for a bad tune. When I had my car tuned at ER, I think was the first one they had ever tuned and the tune came out perfect.

Did the guy have his fee broken down into cost for the tune and cost for dyno time? At the very least you should be refunded the money for the tune since he failed at tuning the car. I think it's reasonable that the shop should be compensated for the dyno time.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 09:54 AM

Who cares about his time? The service wasn't even rendered...

It's like asking a contractor to paint my house and he winds up knocking down a wall and painting everything lime green when I asked for dark red...then finding out later he has never painted houses, only barns but this would be "easy"

Dude, I would lawyer up so fast, if he really messed up your clutches you're going to be out a LOT of money. That TC-SST is expensive, and this will quickly balloon past the limit for small claims court.

There really is nothing else to be said, this is the most clear cut case for a lawsuit if he doesn't cover EVERYTHING. He was asking you for tips from forums and codes? What kinda noob is this???
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:01 AM
C H
Evolving Member

File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and if you can with someone in your states govenment. You may get a refund if the guy has a good business reputation and wants to keep it that way.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 10:08 AM

Originally Posted by C H
File a complaint with the Better Business Bureau and if you can with someone in your states govenment. You may get a refund if the guy has a good business reputation and wants to keep it that way.
That seems like a pittance and hardly fair. His money back should go without saying, repairing his clutches seems like what should be priority. Dude should pay if he screws things up.

I would take it to the dealer and have them see what damage has been done, with proof to bring if it comes to court. I can't imagine someone redlining my car for hours and days over and over and having no fruit from it...wtf

Last edited by defiant2006; Sep 2, 2010 at 10:24 AM.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 12:22 PM

I agree he paid for a service that wasn't received and ended up with a broken clutch. I also found that strange the guy asking you to look up what the codes meant he was definitely a noob.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by Magnus82
I don't think that your RA being the first one he's tuned is really a legitimate excuse for a bad tune. When I had my car tuned at ER, I think was the first one they had ever tuned and the tune came out perfect.

Did the guy have his fee broken down into cost for the tune and cost for dyno time? At the very least you should be refunded the money for the tune since he failed at tuning the car. I think it's reasonable that the shop should be compensated for the dyno time.
I asked how much for a tune and was told $300 for tune and $25 for AMS boost pill.
Old Sep 2, 2010, 04:04 PM
Evolved Member

That is no good. Not all tuners are like that. My tuner let me know that he could've raised the boost a bit more but didn't want to risk it to be safe, so his excuse is just silly. You should be refunded for him not providing the service promised. I'm sorry for you man.