Notices

New Intercooler Arrived Today

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:36 PM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hate to bring back this thread, but this caught my eye since I'll be looking to upgrade my IC sometime soon.

I noticed that in the 11th post where you had it installed, you mentioned "The front end/grill etc. did not even need to be removed."

How did you manage to install the IC without removing the front bumper from the car? That would be fantastic if I could avoid removing it altogether. My guess is you removed the plastic guard underneath the car, removed the radiator shroud and got your hands in there to loosen things up, then removed the IC going downwards.
Old Apr 26, 2011, 07:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would just remove it I don't see how it would be possible to access and tighten the clamps that connect to the top inlet on the ic. once you remove that bumper once its a cake walk the next time and good to know how to do it.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 02:30 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by BravoZero
Hate to bring back this thread, but this caught my eye since I'll be looking to upgrade my IC sometime soon.

I noticed that in the 11th post where you had it installed, you mentioned "The front end/grill etc. did not even need to be removed."

How did you manage to install the IC without removing the front bumper from the car? That would be fantastic if I could avoid removing it altogether. My guess is you removed the plastic guard underneath the car, removed the radiator shroud and got your hands in there to loosen things up, then removed the IC going downwards.
Actually you figured it out for yourself. The plastic lower engine guard was removed as well as the plastic top piece covering the radiator. The OEM FMIC was pulled down and removed, then the ETS FMIC was fed up from below, and bolted in place. The ETS FMIC was provided with silicone hose and SS Tbolts, and tightening the t-bolts was very easy with a 1/4" deep socket ratchet.

Like I posted earlier install took about 2-1/2 hours, I would suspect it would take a bit longer removing the front bumper.
Old Apr 27, 2011, 06:57 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by RideSober
Actually you figured it out for yourself. The plastic lower engine guard was removed as well as the plastic top piece covering the radiator. The OEM FMIC was pulled down and removed, then the ETS FMIC was fed up from below, and bolted in place. The ETS FMIC was provided with silicone hose and SS Tbolts, and tightening the t-bolts was very easy with a 1/4" deep socket ratchet.

Like I posted earlier install took about 2-1/2 hours, I would suspect it would take a bit longer removing the front bumper.
Sweet, I'll take the bottom cover and radiator shroud off this weekend and see how difficult it is to get to the different parts. Thanks!
Old Apr 27, 2011, 08:41 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by RideSober

wow, i thought of installing my FMIC that way too, but i pulled the bumper and upper rad shroud in about 15 minutes. i don't really think it's all that much longer to do, but i read another thread and knew exactly what needs to come off first. all in all, it took me 2.5 hours, and i removed my chrome trim to paint it flat black and that took like an hour.
Old Apr 28, 2011, 06:01 PM

Nice ic a question will the stock evo x ome bolt into the ra
Old Apr 29, 2011, 10:13 AM

Stock evo x IC fits the RA but you will need either stock or aftermarket EVO X UICP
Old Apr 29, 2011, 12:05 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by SnipeRA
Stock evo x IC fits the RA but you will need either stock or aftermarket EVO X UICP
Lower pipe wont be a direct fit either u will need the Evo coupler or buy a 3 inch - 3 inch coupler. The ralliart has a 2.5-3 inch